GKTW EVENT: NJ DIS Meet Weekend - APRIL 25-27! THE TOTAL IS IN!!!!

It's time for another auction teaser!!!

Lee Cockrell, former Executive Vice President of Operations for the Walt Disney World Resort, was kind enough to send along several items for our auction. This book set includes a signed copy of Creating the Magic by Lee Cockrell and two EXCLUSIVE pins.

Lee_2.jpg

This set includes two exclusive pins and a signed copy of The Customer Rules:

lee.jpg

Both sets are going to be very popular items!

AUCTION TEASER!!! Here's another doozy! This is a NJ DIS Meet EXCLUSIVE hand drawn sketch by Kevin-john Jobczynski, Disney Master Artist! This sketch features the Haunted Mansion in all of its glory plus a quote from its infamous line queue spiel.

The opening bid for this piece will be $250. Such pieces typically go for upwards of $1000 if you are able to get one. Cash and checks will be accepted along with credit card payments via PayPal. We are excited to offer this at our event!

kj.jpg

Auction Teaser Alert!!! Pete mentioned these amazing fairy houses two weeks ago on The DIS Unplugged, and you can get one at this year's NJ DIS Meet Weekend! Handcrafted by Vikki Yarborough, this beautiful teapot fairy house is sure to attract dozens of whimsical fairies to your garden! This item will be a part of our silent auction on April 26th. See you then!!!

PropDuster.jpg

Auction Teaser Alert!! Let's PLAY BALL! We are proud to offer FOUR tickets to the May 27th Phillies game at Citizens Bank Park! This would make for a fun family event or night out with friends. Get ready to win!

Phillies.jpg

Auction Teaser! A beautiful one of a kind print by Ian Glaubinger will be up for auction in less than two weeks! This 20x16 framed piece features the characters from Robin Hood in all of their glory. It'd be perfect for that blank spot on your wall! Get it at our event!

Ian.jpg

Auction Teaser! A beautiful one of a kind print by Ian Glaubinger will be up for auction in less than two weeks! This 20x16 framed piece features the characters from Robin Hood in all of their glory. It'd be perfect for that blank spot on your wall! Get it at our event!

Ian.jpg

I just wanted to let everyone know that I had some issues and wasn't able to get it printed on canvas. It will be a 20"x16" framed high end paper print (giclee). Sorry about that. :/

Auction Alert!

Looking for something unique? This hand coloring by Christine Feit features Cinderella's castle and the beloved Partners statue. It's yours for the bidding!

Partners.jpg

Weekend Tidbits

We are just one week away from our event and thought it'd be helpful to provide information about what to expect. If you have any questions, feel free to post them here or let one of us know.

Friday, April 25, 2014 - Game Night & Meet 'n' Greet - 7-10 PM

- Meet and Greet with Friends, Old and New
- Games: WDW Restaurant Trivia & Disney Movie Trivia
- Snacks, Goodies, & Giveaways
- THE SECOND ANNUAL TASTYKAKE EATING CONTEST!!! Can the champion be beat??? :stir:
- Cash Bar Open
- Bring your favorite lanyard to hold your name badge!

Saturday, April 26, 2014 - The Main Event - 11 AM-4 PM

- An Exciting Day with Your DIS Friends!
- Buffet Lunch
- Kids' Activities
- Games: Guess How Many Vinylmations, Where in the World??, & DIS BINGO!
- Silent Auction
- Tricky Tray Auction: Tickets will be available for purchase!
- DIS Unplugged Podcast Recording
- Official NJ DIS Meet Recyclable Bags & Buttons for Sale
- PAYMENT INFO: Checks made payable to GKTW - Power of 10 (NJ) will be accepted. As we have many high end collectibles in the silent auction, we will have PayPal available. Cash will also be accepted.

Saturday, April 26, 2014 - DIS AFTER DARK - Speakeasy Theme!! - 6:30 PM-10 PM

- Live Performance by Improv Group, Comedy on Demand
- Competitive Gaming: Beer Pong, Left, Right, Center, & More! Proceeds Go Directly to GKTW!
- Fun Night with Your Favorite DISers and Members of The DIS Unplugged:woohoo:
- Cash Bar Open
- Snacks
- Theme: We are going to celebrate on this night! The theme is the 1920s speakeasy/prohibition era. Come dressed in your long pearls, flapper dresses, vintage hats, etc. to make it extra fun (you don't have to, of course, but are welcome to)! :drinking1:dancer:

Sunday, April 27, 2014 - Farewell Breakfast

- Breakfast at the Hilton on Your Own (Served Between 7-11 AM)
- Say Goodbye to Your DIS Friends
- Shopping for Those Interested Will Follow at The Bridgewater Commons

REMINDER: Various items will be sold at the events including tickets to participate in our raffles and "tricky tray" auction. Please remember to bring cash or your checkbooks! I know a few people have been asking how payments will be taken and thought that this information was important. Again, 100% of the proceeds go DIRECTLY TO GKTW!

See you soon! It's almost here!

Just found out my DH may not be able to make the main event meet for work reasons. If that happens is it ok if my mother inlaw takes his place?

Just found out my DH may not be able to make the main event meet for work reasons. If that happens is it ok if my mother inlaw takes his place?

Absolutely! :thumbsup2
That will be fine. Just PM me with her name and I'll make sure I have a name tag for her. I have your DH's tag already made, and I will make sure both are there for whoever shows up!!
See you next Saturday!!

REMINDER: Various items will be sold at the events including tickets to participate in our raffles and "tricky tray" auction. Please remember to bring cash or your checkbooks! I know a few people have been asking how payments will be taken and thought that this information was important. See you soon! It's almost here!

I know I asked last year so I guess it makes sense I ask for this year.

So what we having for lunch at the meet? :goodvibes

I know I asked last year so I guess it makes sense I ask for this year.

So what we having for lunch at the meet? :goodvibes

It's only 5 more days!!! We are so excited! :cool1:

So this is what we are having for lunch:

Caesar salad
Penne Vodka
Chicken Francaise
Mashed Garlic Potatoes
Mixed Steamed Vegetables

Coffee, tea,soda & water.

This will be served buffet style.

Any children (who purchased at the children's price) will be served chicken tenders.

From the allergies reported on the registration form- it doesn't look like anyone will have any difficulties with the food.

***If anyone does have a food allergy or restriction that is affected by our menu- please let me know right away. The Elks Lodge is happy to accommodate dietary concerns.

Thanks for all your hard work, NJ Meet Organizers! Glad to see a new print from Christine - if I am remembering correctly, she had a beautiful one that I didn't win last year so ready to start bidding again!

Thanks for all your hard work, NJ Meet Organizers! Glad to see a new print from Christine - if I am remembering correctly, she had a beautiful one that I didn't win last year so ready to start bidding again!

Thank you! We're so excited to see everyone again this weekend, and so grateful for all of the amazing donations we've received, including Christine's!

Just 2 days till all the fun and games begin! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Pete and I wound up bidding against each other until the bitter end last year! I won!

This year's piece is awesome! I hope you win!

Do we have prices for the individual tickets or package ticket deals?

Trying to plan ahead on how much to bring other then silent auction item money.

Here are a couple of last minute reminders for Saturday:

Our event starts at 11:00am, but the lobby will be open at 10:30am for you to pick up your packets and start buying raffle tickets!!

Raffle Tickets-
5 for $5 / 10 for $10 / 20 for $15 / 30 for $20
You will be given ONE number for the whole day. Much easier that trying to rummage through all your tickets to find the winner!

Reuseable Grocery Bags with our event logo will be available for sale:
$6.00 each 2 for $10.00

Buttons and magnets made for our event!:
$1.00 and $2.00

Where in the World photo game and Guess the Number of Vinylmations game:
Game sheets are $1.00

Please bring cash for all the merchandise purchases.

For the silent auction- we prefer cash or checks, BUT we will be able to take PayPal payments (from your account to ours) at the event. If you have a credit card attached to your PayPal account, you can use that.

Anyone interested in pin trading at the event? Wondering if I should bring a small book of pins along. What is everyone looking for? I'll look in my collection and see what I can bring that you all would be interested in. We are always looking for Stitch pins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter