GKTW EVENT: NJ DIS Meet Weekend - APRIL 25-27! THE TOTAL IS IN!!!!

Packing_List.jpg

Wishing you all a great Meet weekend! Raise lots of money for Give Kids the World.

It's here!!!!! :cheer2:

TONIGHT: Game Night & Meet 'n' Greet - 7-10 PM

- Meet and Greet with Friends, Old and New
- Games, Snacks, and Goodies
- THE SECOND ANNUAL TASTYKAKE EATING CONTEST!!! Can the champion be beat???
- Cash Bar Open
- Bring your favorite lanyard to hold your name badge!

Enjoy! I hope you beat the New England total from last year. Until October...

Saturday, April 26, 2014 - The Main Event - 11 AM-4 PM

- An Exciting Day with Your DIS Friends!
- Buffet Lunch, Games, and Kids' Activities
- Silent Auction
- Tricky Tray Auction
- DIS Unplugged Podcast Recording
- Official NJ DIS Meet Recyclable Bags for Sale

Saturday, April 26, 2014 - DIS AFTER DARK!! - 6:30 PM-10 PM

- Live Performance by Improv Group, Comedy on Demand
- Competitive Gaming: Beer Pong, Left, Right, Center, & More! Proceeds Go Directly to GKTW!
- Fun Night with Your Favorite DISers and Members of The DIS Unplugged:woohoo:
- Cash Bar Open
- Snacks

I had tickets to the Saturday afternoon session but am unable to make it due to an emergency wisdom tooth extraction! Hope you all have a wonderful time and raise lots of money!

Scott
Disneyfan500

I had tickets to the Saturday afternoon session but am unable to make it due to an emergency wisdom tooth extraction! Hope you all have a wonderful time and raise lots of money!

Scott
Disneyfan500

Sorry to hear that Scott! :goodvibes
We are having a terrific time. Watch for reports and updates here.

Thanks to everyone who helped organize and run today's event, and all who attended. DW and I had a lot of fun and even won a couple of prizes. The pralines in the "inspired by Corey and Julie basket" are delicious. And I know that the items we donated brought in some good money from the silent auction and raffle. We were happy to be able to help again, see some old friends, and make some new ones. We hope to see many of you at the Delaware meet this fall.

My sweetie and I had a great time at the Main Event for the NJ DIS Meet. Met a great group of folks.....also had an opportunity to meet folks from the DIS podcast. Pete was so gracious and talked to all who came up to him, including me. Teresa is so funny, Kathy full of info, and both Dustin and Craig really worked to make the live podcast special! Also have to send a big shout out to Nikki and her team for running an event like a well oiled machine........it was truly impressive! Also really cool to win the "Inspired by Dustin, Shawn, and
Craig" beer basket!!!!

So great to talk Disney for 4+ hours with like-minded folks, but even more special to help such a worthy cause as GKTW!

Thanks so much!

Doug :goofy: (and Donna :tink:)

On behalf of the Golden Girls, I just wanted to send a heartfelt thank you to everyone for joining us this weekend. It was a very special time, and I'm still getting goosebumps thinking about what has taken place. Many of us were a bit misty-eyed this morning when we realized it was over, but then I thought of the below quote. Thank you again for joining us and helping Give Kids the World. We cannot wait to see you again next year!

Linda, Nikki, Gillian, Kim, Charlotte, Sue, Jenn, Phyllis, and Kate

Thank_you.jpg

We had so much fun! :goodvibes

My mother inlaw and I are already planning what we want to donate for next years meet. You might just get too much stuff. LOL

I can't believe I won the Where in the World photo contest. Last year I did horribly at it.

Can't wait to find out what our Grand Total is for this weekend! :thumbsup2

THE GRAND TOTAL IS IN!!!!!!!!!!

We have raised.........

$16,100!

This was truly a GROUP effort!!!! Thank you to my fellow Golden Girls and ALL OF YOU!!! :banana::yay::woohoo:

:cool1::cool1:Woo Hoo!! :cool1::cool1:

Thanks to everyone who came and helped support Give Kids the World this weekend in NJ!!

And thanks to everyone who couldn't come, and still helped with donations of money and auction items!!

:goodvibes Thanks to all of you- 3 children can spend a glorious week at GKTW with their families!! :goodvibes

My sweetie and I had a great time at the Main Event for the NJ DIS Meet. Met a great group of folks.....also had an opportunity to meet folks from the DIS podcast. Pete was so gracious and talked to all who came up to him, including me. Teresa is so funny, Kathy full of info, and both Dustin and Craig really worked to make the live podcast special! Also have to send a big shout out to Nikki and her team for running an event like a well oiled machine........it was truly impressive! Also really cool to win the "Inspired by Dustin, Shawn, and
Craig" beer basket!!!!

So great to talk Disney for 4+ hours with like-minded folks, but even more special to help such a worthy cause as GKTW!

Thanks so much!

Doug :goofy: (and Donna :tink:)

I agree. Doug, it was great to meet you and Donna. Thanks for all the wonderful Disney chats as well. Dave and I had such a fun time. Nikki, Linda, and the entire crew did a great job planning this event! Hope to see everyone again next year!!

I am not much of a board person but I wanted to say thanks to everyone. Last year we came to the meet not knowing what to expect, and this year we tried to help out where we could. These meets are so much fun. I was talking to someone about how non DIS people just don't get it. But how great it is to be in a room full of people who not only are friendly and wonderful, but who get it when I say "it's time to make dining reservations". Thanks Gillian, Linda, Nikki, Kate, Phyllis, and Jenn and Kaelea for making planning so much fun. The capper is that we made so much money!! What fun!!

THE GRAND TOTAL IS IN!!!!!!!!!!

We have raised.........

$16,100!

This was truly a GROUP effort!!!! Thank you to my fellow Golden Girls and ALL OF YOU!!! :banana::yay::woohoo:

That is AWESOME!!!! Congrats!!!!

I hope to see some of you at the Hershey meet in June!!!

What a great total!! We had a wonderful time - chatted with nice folks, loved seeing another live podcast, and left with a few prizes. Thanks again to the organizers - from my own experience with similar events, I know how much time, energy and heart goes into putting something like this together. Congratulations and see you next year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter