GKTW Event: Chicago DIS Meet- January 19, 2014

lthiesfeld07

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone!

I am announcing plans for a Chicago DIS Meet on January 19, 2014!

The "Treasures of the Disney Archives" exhibit is coming to the Museum of Science and Industry and we'd like to do a group meet that revolves around that on Saturday, January 18, 2014.

We want to make this a fundraiser for Give Kids the World too!

I created a group on Facebook. It's titled "Chicago DIS Meet- January 19, 2014." Join the group and invite your friends!

Any ideas you may have are welcome!

PM me on the boards, or send me an email: laura.thiesfeld@gmail.com

**Here are the official links for registering for the event!**

Chicago DIS Meet at 115 Bourbon Street- January 19, 2014- 1-6pm
http://www.payitsquare.com/collect-page/21373

Chicago DIS Meet- Museum of Science and Industry Disney Archives Meet at 12:00pm
http://www.payitsquare.com/collect-page/21372

Thanks everyone! Spread the Word!! :cool1:

Yes, finally somebody is doing this in the Chicago area.

My family will be there!!

I'm not sure anybody from the podcast will come up to Chicago in the dead of winter. I totally cannot imagine Pete coming to Chicago in January. John and Pete will probably send their least favorite person as a form of punishment!! :rotfl:

I can't come because it's right after WDW Marathon weekend, but I wish you guys a lot of luck!

I'm not sure anybody from the podcast will come up to Chicago in the dead of winter. I totally cannot imagine Pete coming to Chicago in January. John and Pete will probably send their least favorite person as a form of punishment!! :rotfl:

I thought the same thing when I read the date!

I, however, LOVE the Museum of Science & Industry. If I can make it, I'd love to come up! Maybe I can ride the MegaBus...

I'll come in the dead of winter! Oh wait, I already live here. :)

Seriously though, if it works with our calendar (we're may be going on vacation the week before), my family will try to come! We live about 5 hours from Chicago, but my in-laws live in the suburbs and we have already been planning to come see the exhibit, so it would be great if we could combine it with a DIS meet!

I would love to come and hope the draw of Treasure of Disney Archives makes the podcast people want to come! I live pretty much 2 hours from Indy or Chicago but sadly can't make Indy :( I would love to be able to go to this one! Pete and everyone come!

Yay!

Thanks for the interest!

I know it's in the dead of winter... We thought about doing it earlier, but with Halloween, Wine & Dine, Thanksgiving, December Event and Christmas, it just didn't work!

I hope the podcast gang will join us! Sometimes, Chicago can be 50 degrees in January!!haha

We are trying to decide if we want to get group space somewhere in the suburbs, and have the museum be a "supplement" event!

:thumbsup2

The Martins are my favorite, we need to convince Julie they need to be there!

I hope we can!! Pete said he'd come on the show today in Indy!! :)

Please send me a message, or email Laura.thiesfeld@gmail.com if you'd like to help plan!

Plans are in the works. We should have more info definitely by the end of the month, if not sooner.

Thank for your patience and interest! Spread the word!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I was really excited when I heard this on the podcast today! Hoping to make it down for this. Would be my first DIS event/trip ever!

I'm in the Iowa City area, but would definitely make the trip for the meet! I've had the Archives exhibit on my calendar since I heard about it, and combining it with meet would be awesome! Count me in! :thumbsup2

I'm about 3 hours away in West Michigan and would be interested in coming. I was planning to see the Disney exhibit at the museum at some point, so might as well do it then!

I don't post often, but I read the boards daily and listen to the podcast weekly. I live in the western burbs and would definitely be interested! :thumbsup2

Be sure to check out our Facebook Page and "like" it to stay updated!

Thanks for all the support so far!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We were at the meet in Indiana and are ready for another one!!!
Can you recommend a nice place to stay for the weekend? I think my husband is coming along with my brother and his wife.
Let me know what I can do to help. Pam

I plan on coming with my DH and 2 wild children. It will be so great!!! I have liked the Facebook page already too.

Just so excited!

Kim

I plan on coming to the meet since I live about 3.5 hours south of Chicago near Springfield Il.

Does anyone know where the event will be held? Or what hotel will have a block of rooms reserved?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter