Gifts in the room

MrsSmalls

dreaming of the next cruise
I was thinking about ordering some surprises in the room for when we get on.

Has anyone ever bought one of the robes? These might be handy as well as a nice take home treat.

Any other suggestions or tips on any of the amenities list?

Hello,

I have not purchased the robes, but they are very nice/heavy quality. I usually purchase flowers for my wife.
Sometime I get a cake for the cruise. Last year I purchased the water bottles and did get my wife several of the Rain Forest passes.

It's just something I like to do to surprise my wife while cruising. Have fun with it, make it special,,

I received a robe last summer when we got onboard, a nice gift from my parents! It's a very plush, nice, white robe with Mickey in a sailor cap & "DCL" embroidered on it.

I'd also like to see the robes. The photo on the gifts and amenities page is so tiny.
Here is a pic of the robes we received as part of the romance for 2 package on the Fantasy October 2016. I searched for information on the robes prior to my trip and found people had received waffle type robes, plush robes like mine and plush robes with a different picture embroidered so what you receive could vary. I am very happy with the ones we received.20170113_113747.jpg

I found the day pass to the Rainforest Room to be great for my wife and I. To get the day pass, you have to order it like an in-room gift ahead of time, but you don't have to select which day or which person will use it. Facilities differ between the Wonder/Magic and the Fantasy/Dream, but it is a nice, quiet, relaxing place that you might enjoy. I think it is $16/person for a day. Cruise-long passes can be bought on the ship but the day passes are usually only available ahead of time.

We have done the birthday, Halloween, and Christmas decorations and were pleased.
It is just an extra bit of excitement when you open the door on that first day and the room is all decorated.
Of the three, we thought the Christmas one was the nicest.

@KCBelle Does the blanket have faux fur on the opposite side? It looks so nice! Looks like you have roses and champagne, too, you know how to cruise!

@KCBelle Does the blanket have faux fur on the opposite side? It looks so nice! Looks like you have roses and champagne, too, you know how to cruise!

Yes, the blanket is like a faux Sherpa. Really soft and fluffy. The rose, champagne and chocolates were part of the romance for 2 package. The black bags on the bed are what the robes came in. It was our first cruise so we lived it up! It was pretty exciting walking in to find everything.

Here is a pic of the robes we received as part of the romance for 2 package on the Fantasy October 2016. I searched for information on the robes prior to my trip and found people had received waffle type robes, plush robes like mine and plush robes with a different picture embroidered so what you receive could vary. I am very happy with the ones we received.
Thanks!

Our DD ordered a flower arrangement for us and it was lovely with a Mickey head made from three red roses. It lasted the full seven days of our cruise and I would've liked to take it home, but the flowers weren't allowed to leave the ship. They had been taken onboard in Los Angeles, and that's where we disembarked, but no fresh plants were allowed to leave the ship. go figure.

The only time I ever ordered the cruise gifts was on my last cruise a few years ago. My boyfriend at the time had never been on one (he was thinking "ship" like a military ship and was blown away by how beautiful the Disney ships are - after all the chattering I had done before we went.... I don't know what he was thinking :rotfl2:), so to make it a little more special, I ordered the package with a bottle of champagne and the fruit platter (which I think is a small chocolate platter now). It was nice that first night to come in after dinner and have it sitting there to relax with. We snacked on the fruit platter for a couple of days. If I remember correctly, there was also a small magnetic picture frame that we got to keep that wasn't in the package description, so that was a nice touch as well.

Our DD ordered a flower arrangement for us and it was lovely with a Mickey head made from three red roses. It lasted the full seven days of our cruise and I would've liked to take it home, but the flowers weren't allowed to leave the ship. They had been taken onboard in Los Angeles, and that's where we disembarked, but no fresh plants were allowed to leave the ship. go figure.

I always wondered about that. Doesn't seem like it's worth it to buy them (especially for the shorter cruises) if you can't take them with you :(

The robe is a lot nicer than I thought it would be. were you able to ask for a certain size? or what size person yours would it fit?

Thanks! I was thinking about the rainforest pass also, good to know it's worth it.

The room decorations look so fun!

Has anyone done the Star Wars w/the throw and pillow ? If so do you have a picture you can post. Thanks

The robe is a lot nicer than I thought it would be. were you able to ask for a certain size? or what size person yours would it fit?
The robes we received are "one size fits most". We are both larger sized ladies (pant sizes 18-22) and they fit well enough. They are long, I'm 5'7" and it hits me about mid-calf. I opened it up flat and measured across the whole thing (back and both sides) and it was 59 inches. Maybe you could take a towel or throw blanket about that size and wrap around you to get and idea of size. The overall length from shoulder seam to hem is 49 inches. There are 2 sets of loops to thread the belt through so you can adjust it slightly higher or lower.

Here is a pic of the robes we received as part of the romance for 2 package on the Fantasy October 2016. I searched for information on the robes prior to my trip and found people had received waffle type robes, plush robes like mine and plush robes with a different picture embroidered so what you receive could vary. I am very happy with the ones we received.View attachment 214771
This appears to be the same as the robes we received last week on the Magic. I can't tell from the picture if it is white or cream colored. Ours are cream.

If you order the robes, remember to leave extra room in your suitcases to bring them home!

This appears to be the same as the robes we received last week on the Magic. I can't tell from the picture if it is white or cream colored. Ours are cream.

If you order the robes, remember to leave extra room in your suitcases to bring them home!
Ours are cream colored as well. Totally agree about packing space, we brought an empty suitcase for the robes and blanket and good thing thing or we would have been buying one on board

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter