Gift Cards...taken anywhere?

dismom22

Mouseketeer
Do they accept Disney Gift Cards anywhere on site? I know they do at shops for souvenirs but what about restaurants? For food and alcohol????

Disney Gift Cards are accepted almost everywhere for any restaurant purchase.

The only places I can say for sure will not accept them on WDW property are the Swan/Dolphin and Shades of Green restaurants (these are not Disney resorts). There are also some stands and kiosks in the parks that may not have the ability to swipe a card.

We always carry gift cards in the parks & resorts instead of cash. Soooo much easier. As has already been said, I am sure there is a kiosk or two that cant take the cards, but we have rarely had any issues.

I plan to charge everything to the room and then pay that off with gift cards. Is that ever an issue?

It's an issue only at places that won't accept a Disney room charge - like the Swan and Dolphin.

And I'm not really up on this, but I think you need to do the gift card payments on the room before they automatically charge the credit card you have on file, which occurs after a certain number of days (I don't know how many).

Disney will charge your card if you reach your limit. I think it is $500 at values. So once you reach that limit they will charge your card and you start over again. So you would have to keep track of your spending.

I plan to charge everything to the room and then pay that off with gift cards. Is that ever an issue?

I suggest just paying for things with the gift cards as they come up. I know it will be a bit less convenient in the short run BUT it could save a HUGE headache in the long run (if they charge your CC and you are standing there at the desk with a handful of gift cards you wanted to pay with, :eek::sad2:)

I do this every trip, in fact I've added $400 so far to my account giving me a credit since my rooms is paid! When I check in ill give the rest! No cash no credit just our keys!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Disney will charge your card if you reach your limit. I think it is $500 at values. So once you reach that limit they will charge your card and you start over again. So you would have to keep track of your spending.

Maybe. It seems hit or miss. POFQ let me charge for multiple days straight without putting a charge through to my card. It was over $2500 which is more then their limit is supposed to be. They finally put it through when I went and hand them do it at the front desk.

Can I just give them all the cards up front and create a credit on my account? We shouldn't have any money left over and my CC will probably be charged in the end anyway. I will probably just ask when I check in.

Can I just give them all the cards up front and create a credit on my account? We shouldn't have any money left over and my CC will probably be charged in the end anyway. I will probably just ask when I check in.

Good idea...if (can) I just put the cards onto my account? Will it show on my receipt what my balance is - kinda like the dining credits??

LilyWDW said:
Maybe. It seems hit or miss. POFQ let me charge for multiple days straight without putting a charge through to my card. It was over $2500 which is more then their limit is supposed to be. They finally put it through when I went and hand them do it at the front desk.

We were at PoP prob 5-6 years ago and our charging privileges were shut off! We had to go to the front desk and ask them to charge our card so we could continue charging to the room. Luckily that hasn't happened again! But to be sure ask at check in!

We bought gift cards for our trip last year at Kroger when they would do the 4x fuel points.

We bought about $1,000 in Disney giftcards and were able to use them at all the parks and DTD. The only place we went to that did not accept them was Rainforest Cafe.

we use gift cards for every trip. We put everything on our KTTW card, then use the gift cards to pay off the balance. For longer stays, we go to the desk and put some money towards our balance. then pay the rest off at the end.

the only place we found they wouldnt take the gift cards was the food on the boardwalk. ( the stand that sells chicken tenders)

Can you use the gift cards at Signature dinners? California Grill??

Not sure what you mean by a Signature dinner (do you mean the Food and Wine Festival events) but yes, you can use them at California Grill. They can be used at any restaurant located in any Disney park or resort. I don't have the low down on how many restaurants at DTD won't accept them (there are no Disney-owned restaurants at DTD anymore) but someone above said Rainforest Cafe wouldn't accept them.

Swan and Dolphin won't accept them because they are not Disney resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter