Gift Card Resale Sites?

DinahInWonderland

Mouseketeer
Does anyone buy gift cards from resale sites? Specifically Cardpool or Gift Card Zen? I was hoping to get some discounted cards, but after reading some reviews online I'm a little hesitant.

I've never bought cards but have sold them through giftcardgranny.com.
The biggest fear for me about buying is that even if the card were legit when I get it, what if a month or 2 it's been spent? How could I prove it?
If I were buying so we could go out to dinner or go shopping that's fine but if I wanted "discounted" travel: airlines, hotels, etc. I'd be afraid we'd get there and find our cards have $0 value. Maybe I'm being paranoid.

I have bought many cards from cardpool and have had excellent luck. There were a few cards that didn,t show a balance when I went to use them, but I was quicly refunded. They have changed their guarantee policy to a shorter time (I think it is now 90 days), so just be aware of how long before expected use you buy the cards.

I have bought from GiftCardZen four times now with no problems.

They do verify your order with you the first time you order. They call and have you verify your billing address and email.

I used both Raise and Cardpool today. I got three cards from Raise, used the $5.00 off for new members, and 3 cards from Cardpool, also using the $5.00 off for new members.

I combined the three Cardpool giftcards on the target app. One is not working, so I have contacted them. Two loaded and combined with no issue.

I put the three Raise cards, and the combined card from my app into Target site and it worked perfectly. :cool1:

5% off for the red card worked like everyone has stated. I even have a little left on my combined app card for my next purchase.

Now I just need to make sure Cardpool gets the third card working, or refunds. Whoot!

I have to thank all you DISers, as I would have never figured this all our without you guys. :yay:

I have purchased from Raise, Cardpool, and Gift Card Bin. I typically use my gift cards shortly after I receive them so I havent had an issue with the balance being gone when I went to use it.

i have not bought giftcards because i have the same fear they will be empty. i recently read about CardCash in Forbes and they sound like a great option. one thing they explained is a lot of websites are just middle men, but these guys buy the cards and hold onto them, so if there is any funny business it most likely will occur before you buy the card, and they then go after the fraudsters.

Our daughter uses gift card Granny and has had no problem. She loves using them to buy gift cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter