GF outer building club level or standard outer building lagoon view?

Northminnie

Earning My Ears
hi everyone!

I have never stayed club level. My DH and I are going the week after Thanksgiving. Right now I have 7 nights at Boardwalk villas and then going to GF for 2 nights. We have never stayed at GF and its part of my 50th birthday celebration. Yippee. My question is which room should we pick? The club level outer building is only $100 more per night. Please tell me about club level in that building. I really wanted main building but can't see spending all that money. I was hoping for an ap or fall discount but nothing available. I do love sitting on a balcony with a nice vuew. I did request a marina view with king bed. What are my chances of getting a decent view? At least with a lagoon view room booked I know what I get. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a bunch. Can't wait to be there!!!

hi everyone!

I have never stayed club level. My DH and I are going the week after Thanksgiving. Right now I have 7 nights at Boardwalk villas and then going to GF for 2 nights. We have never stayed at GF and its part of my 50th birthday celebration. Yippee. My question is which room should we pick? The club level outer building is only $100 more per night. Please tell me about club level in that building. I really wanted main building but can't see spending all that money. I was hoping for an ap or fall discount but nothing available. I do love sitting on a balcony with a nice vuew. I did request a marina view with king bed. What are my chances of getting a decent view? At least with a lagoon view room booked I know what I get. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a bunch. Can't wait to be there!!!

We don't usually pay for views, but I wasn't impressed with SL, so my choice would be to save the $200 and go with LV (just my preference). The food offerings are the same as RPC, but the lounges are worlds apart. I found the SL lounge small and chaotic with not enough seating to accommodate everyone who stays there and since the lounge is located in the center of lobby as you enter the SL building, there is a lot of traffic in and out (which I didn't find relaxing if you want to sit and enjoy the lounge). I also thought it had more of a cafeteria feel to it, rather than a quiet/comfortable lounge feeling. With that said, one positive thing about it is the building is very convenient to the courtyard pool, so if you will be spending a lot of time at the pool (weather permitting in November), it's great for grabbing drinks and snacks while relaxing pool side. As far as views, the views in SL are either of the marina or the courtyard pool, both of which are very nice (IMO). These are just my opinions and while I might be in the minority as SL is liked by many others, I would choose a GV (or LV in your case) over SL (but that's just me). Good luck.

Reactions: TJA
We don't usually pay for views, but I wasn't impressed with SL, so my choice would be to save the $200 and go with LV (just my preference). The food offerings are the same as RPC, but the lounges are worlds apart. I found the SL lounge small and chaotic with not enough seating to accommodate everyone who stays there and since the lounge is located in the center of lobby as you enter the SL building, there is a lot of traffic in and out (which I didn't find relaxing if you want to sit and enjoy the lounge). I also thought it had more of a cafeteria feel to it, rather than a quiet/comfortable lounge feeling. With that said, one positive thing about it is the building is very convenient to the courtyard pool, so if you will be spending a lot of time at the pool (weather permitting in November), it's great for grabbing drinks and snacks while relaxing pool side. As far as views, the views in SL are either of the marina or the courtyard pool, both of which are very nice (IMO). These are just my opinions and while I might be in the minority as SL is liked by many others, I would choose a GV (or LV in your case) over SL (but that's just me). Good luck.

Thanks for your experience with SL. I did read somewhere that the lounge is small and can get very crowd. I'm thinking of saving the money and putting it towards a spa treatment or something special. I really like anice breakfast and already made a reservation at 1900 Park Fare the morning we leave for the airport. I'm not a big drinker so I would probably only have a couple glasses of wine
Thanks again!!!!

Thanks for your experience with SL. I did read somewhere that the lounge is small and can get very crowd. I'm thinking of saving the money and putting it towards a spa treatment or something special. I really like anice breakfast and already made a reservation at 1900 Park Fare the morning we leave for the airport. I'm not a big drinker so I would probably only have a couple glasses of wine
Thanks again!!!!

You're welcome! I think a spa treatment is a great idea for a special treat. Good luck with the final decision, but I'm sure you'll have a great time either way as the GF is an amazing resort :goodvibes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter