GF Honeymoon

9/04wedding

Earning My Ears
Has anyone stayed at the GF in a honeymoon suite? Which level were you on? Was there a jacuzzi tub in your room? What are the rooms like? Any details/advice would be appreciated! Thanks
Laura

We stayed in a honeymoon room at the GF for our wedding/honeymoon trip. We were on the 3rd floor, in an octagon room.
The room was huge and lovely. From our window, we could see the wedding pavilion and Spaceship Earth. This was nice, b/c we loved being able to look out and see where we were getting married.
Cheers!
Heather W

We stayed in a "jacuzzi" honeymoon room at the GF for our August wedding, and if I had to do it all over again, I would NOT have requested that room.

Don't get me wrong, the accomodations were very nice, the view outstanding, concierge service wonderful. BUT, we requested the jacuzzi room specifically for the jacuzzi and ended up being completely underwhelmed by the tub. It's really just an oversized bathtub with jets--not Jacuzzi brand that's for sure, and the bathroom is no larger than any other hotel bathroom. We only used the tub once during our stay. You really have to get creative to fit two in the tub! Isn't that the whole point???:rolleyes:

The room itself was also a just a traditional king room with bed, sofa, and sitting table in about the same amount of space a 2-queen room would have. The octagon rooms like Heather had are MUCH larger, and with getting ready for the wedding, I really could have used the extra space. Oh, and the jacuzzi room we had (there are only two at the GF, so your odds on this are 50/50) was right near the elevator equipment. DH didn't notice so much, but I was often kept awake at night from the elevator motors running.

(Our room was on the second floor in the main building. To reach it, you had to cross over on 3 then come back down to 2 which made for like zero foot traffic in our hallway.)

FWIW, I'd highly recommend requesting the octagon room over the jacuzzi room for your honeymoon room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter