Getting to WDW from MCO

amberdc1987

To Infinity and Beyond!!
Thinking about flying into MCO next May for the first time. We normally drive, but thinking this time it's better to fly.

What options, is the best way, to get to our resort from MCO? I know that Magical Express will be stopping by time we go. And I know that Mears will be doing something similar to that (Waiting on more information about that to come out). But what other options have you used before?

I looked at Uber prices and they seem to be all over the place. Any feedback would be great! Thanks!

I use private car service
There is a list in the disboards for preferred sponsored companies

There are also taxis, Uber, Lyft, and car rental. I haven't used them since covid so not sure how the prices are running. Ride sharing prices do vary by time of day and how busy they are. We have a rental car booked for late Sept, definitely higher price than previous trips.

My last trip was ideal. We had family members flying in from different places at different times.

We all convened on fly in day at Marriott Lakeside (free shuttle from airport), relaxing by the very nice pool after the travel.

Following morning early at 7:15 am private van came to take us all to WDW. Fixed price for the van, and it had a bit more capacity than our group, so was very cost efficient. Included a 15 min grocery stop.

The best part of this approach was we arrived at WDW resort check in very early (YC), just before 8 am, there was no line and there was more choice as to room location. Ended up with three rooms that open up to a large common balcony. Deposited luggage with bell services and walked over to spend the morning and early afternoon at Epcot.

Rather than the first WDW day being a half day (or less) of actual WDW time, this approach makes it a full day.

I was looking for a list and I can't find it. Can you please point me in the right direction?
The transportation forum has many listed
For that UO threads, many list their transportation means in trip reports or stand alone posts
Some companies that are mentioned are Tony’s,
Fl tours, Ace, Tiffany, Murray hill, southern elegance, etc
Also check out the disboard sponsor car service

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter