Getting from resort to resort with Children?

stuarbc

Earning My Ears
We are heading to disney in a few weeks and will be staying at PORS. We are driving to disney, but typically leave our car in the parking lot and just take the park transportation while we are there.

We have several reservations at other resorts during our stay....
breakfast at Boma (AK resort)
breakfast at Ohana (Polynesian Resort)

What is the best way to get from one resort to the other?

For Boma, I will probably just drive my own vehicle as we will not be going to a part immediately afterwards. I assume they will let us in with a dining reservation.

For Ohana, we will be heading directly into magic kingdom after we finish breakfast. The plan was to take the monorail over after we finish eating. That means I wouldn't want to drive my own vehicle over. I thought about UBER....but we will have our 9 month old with us...which would require a car seat. We've done this one time before, but I can't remember exactly how it went down. Seems like I was able to talk to the front desk at our resort and they had a special bus that picked us up to get to the Poly. That still the case?

There are no buses that will take you from POR to POLY. Your best bet is UBER and make sure you check the car seat option. Other then that, you could take the bus to MK and then the monorail or boat to POLY.

You can take a bus to Epcot too the Monorail to TTC the quick walk to Poly. Sometimes we have taken the first bus of either MK or Epcot.

Kae

You just have to transfer via a park so for the Polynesian I would bus to MK and then monorail to the Polynesian. Although the Epcot bus comes first take that and then take the monorail to the TTC - from their you can either take a short walk to the Polynesian or hop on the resort monorail to the Polynesian stop.

After breakfast monorail or boat to the MK and then after your MK day bus to PORS (but you probably knew that!)

We always took the bus to MK if we had a breakfast at a resort on the monorail. They do have early busses because booking reservations for breakfast or other stuff like princess makeovers is a common occurrence. Just give yourself plenty of time as those early ones don't run as often .

For Polly....simply bus to MK. Grab the monorail to the polly. Easy. I would Uber to AK lodge.

Just be sure to check the times for the monorail on the resort loop. Some days it doesn't start until 8:30. And the Epcot line has some later starts as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter