• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Genie + and boarding groups

jmcross

One way to get tagged is to have a tag sale :)
Does anyone know if boarding groups for Remy will still happen once Genie+ launches?

When they initially released the info on Genie plus they shared an image that showed the Rise virtual que screen and it included a button for purchasing a lightening lane for it. This obviously doesn't confirm anything for Remy, but at least it shows they can be used together.

So let me get this straight. If you really wanted to ride Remy and couldn’t get a BG then you have to pay for LL? That really stinks!

The capacity for Remy in Paris is 2200/hr. ROTR is 1400/hr assuming nothing breaks down. That is why the 1pm boarding passes to Remy have been available for a long time.

Of course, if everyone buys an ILL$$$ for it, then they won't release as many afternoon BP's. So, hopefully people will hold off buying an ILL$$$ until after they miss the 1pm BP.

Does anyone know if boarding groups for Remy will still happen once Genie+ launches?
As I read Remys will only be lighting lane and is not included in G+
It's kinda crappy the top two rides at each park are not included. (Why would I pay 15 each at AK when FOP and Everest are not included )

Just like ROTR, Remy will be BOTH Boarding Group AND Individual Lightning Lane (additional charge after Genie+) when necessary. But may "pause" the BGs at times like ROTR has right now. Just to confuse the heck out of new guests as much as possible :)

Just like ROTR, Remy will be BOTH Boarding Group AND Individual Lightning Lane (additional charge after Genie+) when necessary. But may "pause" the BGs at times like ROTR has right now. Just to confuse the heck out of new guests as much as possible :)
It's my understanding--and I could be wrong!--that ILL is completely separate from G+. What I mean is that you don't have to purchase G+ in order to purchase ILL. Is that not correct?

I thought LL was only for Genie+.
Why do they have to make this so complicated?

I'm going to be kinda cynical here and say that they want your money. So if you think you have to buy G+ in order to also pay for ILL (gotta love that acronym), then they'll be happy to get the extra cash.

Lightning Lane (LL) is a term used for both Genie+ and for Individual Lightning Lane selections (ILL or ILL$). You can buy ILL$ without buying Genie+.

So let me get this straight. If you really wanted to ride Remy and couldn’t get a BG then you have to pay for LL? That really stinks!
Currently, if you don't get a boarding group for Remy, you don't ride it at all. It's BG or nothing.

Lightning Lane (LL) is a term used for both Genie+ and for Individual Lightning Lane selections (ILL or ILL$). You can buy ILL$ without buying Genie+.
“Lightning Lane” is the new name for the queue (the FP queue). It pertains to both Genie+ and Individual Attraction Selections, as well as others such as DAS, Club33, VIP tours, guest recovery ride passes, etc. All those ways to gain access to the LL are separate and can be used independent of - or in combination with - the others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter