Geen Yight - She's Out of Sight: A Trip of Leaps and Bounds

Welcome home guys!

I hope you had a really great time, some good weather and don't have too stressful a time of getting back into real life. (Although the car troubles aren't fun to have right off).

Can't wait until you guys have time to start the trip report! I have to live vicariously through my DIS board friends until we can get back there...whenever that will be!

Take care guys and I hope you get all caught up on your sleep!

Hello!!!

Sounds like you're all back to a busy life! We got home about 2 pm yesterday - that was nice, as I was able to unpack, relax, etc.

I talked to my parents yesterday about family trips. My brother has leave for 17 days over Christmas, so I am going to stay here & spend time with him. So I've decided to not come for NYE, but instead I am planning a trip for my bday! It will be a solo trip for my 30th in February. I started my computer countdown, now I have to get a ticker!! :)

Have a super day!

The cake is super easy! I made a red, white, and blue one for the fourth and it turned out really cool! And if I can get a cake to turn out good, then anyone can! ;)

I'll be giving it a whirl next week. :thumbsup2

Welcome Back! Hope you had a great time. It was nice seeing both of you again.

It was nice to see you, too. Jeremy has really gotten tall in the past year. He's going to hover over you in a couple of years. How was your Whispering Canyon dinner?

Welcome home guys!

I hope you had a really great time, some good weather and don't have too stressful a time of getting back into real life. (Although the car troubles aren't fun to have right off).

Can't wait until you guys have time to start the trip report! I have to live vicariously through my DIS board friends until we can get back there...whenever that will be!

Take care guys and I hope you get all caught up on your sleep!

I woke up at my usual three o'clock hour, but I went back to sleep until 5:18. That's way late for me!

Drew put my first SD card in with a card reader, so now I do have the first 452 pictures loaded on this laptop. When Jill gets the chance to start the reprot, we'll be ready for take-off.

And speaking of take-off, DIS friends, Jill booked our Christmas flights today! :dance3:

Hello!!!

Sounds like you're all back to a busy life! We got home about 2 pm yesterday - that was nice, as I was able to unpack, relax, etc.

I talked to my parents yesterday about family trips. My brother has leave for 17 days over Christmas, so I am going to stay here & spend time with him. So I've decided to not come for NYE, but instead I am planning a trip for my bday! It will be a solo trip for my 30th in February. I started my computer countdown, now I have to get a ticker!! :)

Have a super day!

So sorry you won't be there for 'Ohana and Poly beach fun, but family definitely comes first. You will get some great pictures on your solo trip, too. ::yes:: Walking around alone, you can really notice details that you don't if you are talking to someone else.

Welcome Home MeMom and Jill!!!!
MeMom was wondering if my sister and I can be included in a Dis meet in October since we will be there the same time you are?
Can't wait to start reading the trip report we leave in 4 weeks so I am hoping your trip report will pull me through these last couple of days!!
:love:

And speaking of take-off, DIS friends, Jill booked our Christmas flights today! :dance3:

That is awesome! It always makes finishing This Time Last Week easier when you have future dates to play In This Many Days We Will Be....

Ok, I'm sick & I need a 12 step plan.

On a whim, I checked prices for a quick Labor Day weekend trip. Pop is only $360 (I could also rent DVC for same $$) and a direct flight that's at $262. I'm sick. I really want to book this!!! Someone help me!!! :)

On a whim, I checked prices for a quick Labor Day weekend trip. Pop is only $360 (I could also rent DVC for same $$) and a direct flight that's at $262. I'm sick. I really want to book this!!! Someone help me!!! :)

I'll help....

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad I could be of assisstance :laughing::rotfl2:

I am very excited to hear that! :laughing: I was hoping that maybe Santa would bring him some new ones before the January trip, but it's all good now. Are you guys still going down around the 3rd or 4th? You'll be picking up the fun where we leave off on the 2nd. :thumbsup2

My room is adjacent to our kitchen, so when I was in my room last night, I suddenly heard my mom in the kitchen saying, "oh, no. No, no, no, you're NOT bringing those!" Of course, I was interested and went in to see what she was talking about and almost fell on the floor laughing when I saw my dad sitting at the table wearing the glasses!

Yes, we arrive nice and early on the 4th. Our flight is at 7 AM so we're arriving in Orlando around 10:15, which means we'll have the entire day! I'm so sad I'm just missing you guys, but I'm hoping there will be some other DIS'ers still there that I might get to meet. :)

Megablocks your Dad is hilarious!
He has to bring those glasses in January! :lmao:
I will be there til the 5th or 6th so we HAVE to meet up. :woohoo:

BrooklynsMommy ...I hope your car doesn't require too much work. What a bummer right when you get back. :hug:

When are you guys flying in to WDW after Christmas?

I got clearance from my boss to take from Dec.28 to Jan.6. off.
I havn't booked flights yet..still hoping for a better sale.

While you were gone I did book my ADR's and I got everything!!! :yay:

I booked
Rainforest Cafe dinner
Via Napoli dinner
Le Cellier lunch
'Ohana dinner
1900 Park Fare bkfst
Chef Mickey's dinner
Kona dinner
Coral Reef lunch
Yak n Yetti lunch
Liberty Tree dinner

Did you decide to go with 'Ohana or 1900 Park Fare for NYE?

Funny that you do the last week I was in ___ game too.
Anything to keep it going a little longer. :hug:

I'm trying to be patient waiting for the new pics...it's so hard....I'm so excitted.
To know they are loaded and ready waiting...is torture! :laughing:

:banana: Go for it...if you can swing it... sounds like an awesome idea! :banana:

Welcome Home MeMom and Jill!!!!
MeMom was wondering if my sister and I can be included in a Dis meet in October since we will be there the same time you are?
Can't wait to start reading the trip report we leave in 4 weeks so I am hoping your trip report will pull me through these last couple of days!!
:love:

As far as I know, we will be meeting up with all who are going to MNSSHP on the 16th - before the party starts. I don't know yet if Kay will be able to get park hoppers. If she does, we can meet anywhere in the park, but if she doesn't, we'll meet them outside the gate sometime before the party. We'll be going to another park that day for sure if she doesn't get hoppers. I can let you know more details closer to time. :)

That is awesome! It always makes finishing This Time Last Week easier when you have future dates to play In This Many Days We Will Be....

Yep, and I like to count by weeks so that the numbers stay fairly small. ;)
Thirteen weeks from Saturday, Brooklynn and I will be back. Yay!!!

I'm never one to tell anybody NO on a Disney trip. The money is the only thing that ever stops me from going. If you have the money, and you know you won't be going in December now, the Labor Day deal could be just the thing to hold you over until your other trip.

I'll help....

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad I could be of assisstance :laughing::rotfl2:

I totally agree!

:banana: Go for it...if you can swing it... sounds like an awesome idea! :banana:

Looks like there are others who need that 12 step plan, as well. :laughing:

My room is adjacent to our kitchen, so when I was in my room last night, I suddenly heard my mom in the kitchen saying, "oh, no. No, no, no, you're NOT bringing those!" Of course, I was interested and went in to see what she was talking about and almost fell on the floor laughing when I saw my dad sitting at the table wearing the glasses!

Yes, we arrive nice and early on the 4th. Our flight is at 7 AM so we're arriving in Orlando around 10:15, which means we'll have the entire day! I'm so sad I'm just missing you guys, but I'm hoping there will be some other DIS'ers still there that I might get to meet. :)

You will get to meet some other DISers. Some others are able to go closer to the end of the year and stay on in January. Most of the teachers will have to get on back earlier. You guys will have less crowded parks probably after that Monday. I know that's when we have to come back.

Megablocks your Dad is hilarious!
He has to bring those glasses in January! :lmao:
I will be there til the 5th or 6th so we HAVE to meet up. :woohoo:

BrooklynsMommy ...I hope your car doesn't require too much work. What a bummer right when you get back. :hug:

When are you guys flying in to WDW after Christmas?

I got clearance from my boss to take from Dec.28 to Jan.6. off.
I havn't booked flights yet..still hoping for a better sale.

While you were gone I did book my ADR's and I got everything!!! :yay:

I booked
Rainforest Cafe dinner
Via Napoli dinner
Le Cellier lunch
'Ohana dinner
1900 Park Fare bkfst
Chef Mickey's dinner
Kona dinner
Coral Reef lunch
Yak n Yetti lunch
Liberty Tree dinner

Did you decide to go with 'Ohana or 1900 Park Fare for NYE?

Funny that you do the last week I was in ___ game too.
Anything to keep it going a little longer. :hug:

I'm trying to be patient waiting for the new pics...it's so hard....I'm so excitted.
To know they are loaded and ready waiting...is torture! :laughing:

As for Jill's car, while the guys had it, they went ahead and some other stuff done to it to get it all fixed up. All totaled, it was a bunch, but they were pleased that it's in tip top shape now.

Yes, we're going to go ahead and join the gang for 'Ohana on NYE. It was so good, and I'll probably have dreams about that meal for the next five months!

You'll have to ship me a leftover piece of Via Napoli pizza. ;)

I always enjoy seeing the pictures again as we do the reports. I can be there again hearing the music on Main Street, smelling the bakery goods, going round and round on the Carrousel with Bella, grinning at Brooklynn's excitement about the big rides, traveling through other countries, observing animal life up close....I'm telling you, if anybody needs a 12 step plan, it's me. If I had the money, I would absolutely go every other month. ::yes:: I love being there!!!

:laughing: Well you guys are awesome!! :hug:

We should have taken a picture of us hunting for it for the report. :laughing:

Nice report!

Thank you. :)

Hey MeMom and Jill!! Welcome home! Boy do I understand the idea of hitting the ground running when you get home!!! :faint:
Me here! Doing the same thing!!! :laughing: Really enjoyed our "chat" on the phone :rotfl: And BUMMED we didn't get to meet in person this time, but so EXCITED for October!!! YAY!!!! Should be great great fun for all, and how nice to go with a friend and her grandchild for the first time! Neat!

YAY on your December trip! FUN!

And have a great time at camp, I remember the cooking you were doing last year for all of them! A lot or work, but so Rewarding I am sure, and I would LOVE a slice of that tie-dye cake!!!! LOL!!!

Looking forward to hearing about your trip on the DIS...

Good that the car is all fixed up and hopefully that will be it for awhile. :goodvibes

If I had the money & time I would go to WDW every couple months. :)

I'm glad you liked 'Ohana. Did you save room for some of the dessert at the end?
I dream about that meal too!

Only 10 weeks til we can indulge again!!! :woohoo:
(by the way I think I'm going to use your counting by weeks instead of days...it seems so much closer that way...;))

I will gladly share my Via Napoli pizza with you....our ADR is actually a day or two before NYE so no shipping needed.
I'm looking forward to it...it will be new for us. looks amazing!

I'm hoping to get a Candlelight Processional dinner package for somewhere in there.
They have several good restaurants participating including Via Napoli.
Have you done the package before?
I'm wondering if it's necessary or can you usually get in without it?

I am beyond excitted to be planning this NYE trip...a dream I've had for so long coming true!
I just hope I can see everything before they start taking it down.

I followed you're pictures on facebook and it looks like you had an amazing time! I am beyond excited for your new trip report!

It was nice to see you, too. Jeremy has really gotten tall in the past year. He's going to hover over you in a couple of years. How was your Whispering Canyon dinner?

It was a little odd but very good. They brought the meal before the salad. I eat a lot of veggies now so salad was a must. She went and got it right away. The waitress was great and had a wonderful time with the boys. Tom asked for sweet tea and they don't have it there. She brought him a coke. She sort of disappeared for a while and when she came back she had two big canters of sweet tea she made just for him. He was in heaven. :cloud9:

CanadianWDWFan - I did the Candlelight Processional package with Tutto Italia a few years ago and it was very convenient! The meal was great, and it was very wonderful to walk past the huge line of people who had already been in the line for hours ;) I think it's totally worth it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter