Fun for twenty-somethings with no kids??

karma3939

Mouseketeer
Hi, my boyfriend won a trip to WDW through his work and we are planning to go in the beginning of November (haven't booked trip yet though.) I have been to the parks several times growing up, but always stayed with relatives in Orlando, so this is my first time staying overnight. I absolutely love Disney and so does my boyfriend suprisingly, and I know we will have tons of fun goofing around in the parks. But we want to do some grown up stuff too. We are definitely into good restaurants and partying at clubs and bars. This is our one vacation or the year so we want to make sure it's not all little kid stuff. Can anyone recommend restaurants or say anything about PI that might be fun for young adults? Oh and also, we have to stay in a moderate resort because of the stipulations of the trip he won, and we were thinking of the CSR.... any comments on that?

Hit Pleasure Island and be sure to visit the Adventurer's Club!

You might want to try downtown Disney. My hubby & I had a blast when we went there after being at a theme park all day. Shops, Clubs, Drinking, & it looked like some good resturants too.

You definately like pleasure island and downtown disney. There are a bunch of clubs to pick from and lots of good restaurants (Wolfgang Pucks, Planet Hollywood, etc).

You can also go see some great shows... Cirque de Soleil (sp?) in DTD.

There are also quite a few things to do for the more mature crowd at Epcot. Do the world showcase... see how far you can make it drinking around the world... start in mexico with a margarita and you'll be stumbling around by the time you hit america :rotfl2:

There's just sooo much to do. I personally enjoy most of the kid stuff though. :goodvibes

You could also check out the Boardwalk area . You could do dinner at the Blue Zoo in the Dolphin and the head to jellyrolls for dueling pianos. It's a lot of fun and could be very crowded at times. The whole boadrwalk area is a great place .

My vote on the moderate would go towards CBR.
Have fun

I haven't stayed at CSR at all but I almost did the last time I went. We went with CBR instead bc we heard that CSR didnt have as much of a "Disney" feel to it as some of the others do bc its a convention resort. I just recently stayed at Caribbean beach this past Oct and me and my bf loved it! We paid a little extra to get a king bed room which was worth it. The only drawback is that it is very very spread out so it can be a far walk to the pool and food court depending which buildng you get. But they do have little beach areas there by the lake where me and my bf laid in the hammocks at night at checked out the stars. It was very nice!! Port Orleans French Quarter is really cool too! I havent had the chance to stay there yet but have visted there several times. That was our first choice but it was all booked. Also the rooms were all just renovated there.
As for dining and entertainment: we like to do fantasmic dinner package which is about $32 a person but you get dinner and reserved seating for the show so you dont have to wait in long lines for an hr beforehand. Definitely do the Food and Wine Festival is you can and stay for illuminations. It makes for a very relaxing evening! San Angel Inn at Mexico Pavillion in Ecot is very romantic for lunch/dinner too. It makes for a very relaxing evening! Also check out the comedy club at PI! And of course I loved dragging my bf to go shopping with me at the marketplace! (at least twice) As for attractions, definitely hit test track and mission space at epcot!!!! And the safari at AK is awesome!!!
Hope some of this helps...have a great trip!!!!! :cheer2:

Also, how long are you going to be there? What days of the week? Orlando has TONS of nightlife options away from WDW as well. Don't get me wrong, we love WDW, but I love downtown Orlando on weekends and House of Blues on Sunday night, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter