Frustrated with Fantasyland EMM planning!!

NicholeB630

DIS Veteran
So up until like yesterday Disney only had Early morning magic dates up until the end of Sept. Well fast passes have already passed for people going in Oct and now early November so they obviously don't update them soon enough to let people book their fast passes and know if they are doing EMM which kinda go hand in hand as in you'd adjust your FP if you were doing EMM and you kind of need to know what park you are going to to schedule FP. Anyways now they took away the EMM for Sept? So does that mean its gone? They aren't doing it anymore? Was there anyone who booked it for Sept on here and now its canceled? I was really really hoping to do it in Feb. Which we have time obviously because we don't book our FP till December but from the looks of it they don't put these dates out prior to people making FP choices which I think is ridiculous considering you have to plan so much in advance with Disney. I understand that things change and a lot goes on behind the scenes. But really they can't update people that something that big is going away or they are no longer doing it? I'd like to see if any of you had it scheduled for Sept and if you got a notification saying it was canceled. Im a big planner and its just frustrating as I'd like to know if this will even be an option for us in Feb! Thanks if you read :)

I was hoping to do this in late Nov. also, so it would be very helpful to know before we do fastpasses in a couple of weeks!

I was hoping to do this in late Nov. also, so it would be very helpful to know before we do fastpasses in a couple of weeks!

My friend goes in November and her FP date is in a week and nothing for October or November yet. The fact that they took away Sept Im super curious now. I wish we could know what was going on. I really wanted to do this in Feb and if we don't then that really changes up my plans.

Lots of us here are very frustrated and upset about this. There have been several threads recently about the frustration people have felt that, until yesterday EMM at least showed up as through October. Several of us have been hoping for November. The fact that October and September are now all grayed out doesn't look too good. It appears perhaps Disney has decided to stop offering this.

I, too, am curious about anyone here who might already have bought tickets for September or October. Have you received any notification that EMM is being cancelled? If the dates are grayed out and tickets can no longer be purchased, it seem likely that people will receive an email very soon that they are discontinuing EMM and issuing refunds to anyone who already bought tickets. So I am very curious whether those who bought tickets for this month or next have received any communication about it. I'm sure someone on here must have ticket within the next two months...

Edit: I think we should all email Disney. If they get enough emails, maybe they will offer some kind of explanation? Probably just wishful thinking, but I going to go contact them now.
For anyone else who wants to contact Disney: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/help/email/

Last edited:
I can't even book The Dessert Party at MK now either. Theres no dates for the Tomorrowland Terrace dessert party. Is that now gone too?

Maybe a lot of these add-ons are going away. People have been complaining about them and complaining about them, so maybe that's the message WDW heard. So there's a chance WDW's looked at the rate of return on these special functions -- the desert parties and the limited-attendance events and decided that in order to make it worth the price they charge, they have to limit attendance to a point beyond manpower justifications.

Maybe a lot of these add-ons are going away. People have been complaining about them and complaining about them, so maybe that's the message WDW heard. So there's a chance WDW's looked at the rate of return on these special functions -- the desert parties and the limited-attendance events and decided that in order to make it worth the price they charge, they have to limit attendance to a point beyond manpower justifications.

Well thats unfortunate because there are people who want to do it and will spend the money to do them. I wanted to do something special and extra. I'll avoid a mass crowd and feeling like cattle any day and pay whatever. I understand everyone can't. But why take it away. I hope that things come back.

People have been complaining on message boards, or people have been complaining directly to Disney?

The reviews of EMM have been largely positive from what I've seen. We had an excellent experience with it in May when we went.

Lots of us here are very frustrated and upset about this. There have been several threads recently about the frustration people have felt that, until yesterday EMM at least showed up as through October. Several of us have been hoping for November. The fact that October and September are now all grayed out doesn't look too good. It appears perhaps Disney has decided to stop offering this.

I, too, am curious about anyone here who might already have bought tickets for September or October. Have you received any notification that EMM is being cancelled? If the dates are grayed out and tickets can no longer be purchased, it seem likely that people will receive an email very soon that they are discontinuing EMM and issuing refunds to anyone who already bought tickets. So I am very curious whether those who bought tickets for this month or next have received any communication about it. I'm sure someone on here must have ticket within the next two months...

Edit: I think we should all email Disney. If they get enough emails, maybe they will offer some kind of explanation? Probably just wishful thinking, but I going to go contact them now.
For anyone else who wants to contact Disney: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/help/email/

Since we've been posting in the EMM threads together I figured I would say I came here to post this!

I finally gave up on it and am just rolling with my original FP plan for our MK days.

I sent an email and will post the reply I get in one of these threads ;)

People have been complaining on message boards, or people have been complaining directly to Disney?

The reviews of EMM have been largely positive from what I've seen. We had an excellent experience with it in May when we went.

My guess is exit surveys or something like it. They got rid of Express Transportation -- they may have just reached the conclusion that it sends a bad vibe when they have a lot of additional-cost experiences. Or they've got a certain number of them allowed, so now they're doing the AK VIP tour.

I don't know. I like the additional cost opportunities -- I love desert parties, I thought EMM was great and DAH seems like the perfect way to see the park. But when they have a cornucopia of add-ons to what is already perceived as a very expensive vacation/admission ticket, it can send the wrong message to potential guests, that everything they want to do is going to cost extra. So maybe they've decided severely limit what they'll do in that regard.

There is a lot of traffic on the site and app right now because of people trying to change plans due to the hurricane. I wouldn't be surprised if they temporarily deactivated the ability to book some things online to relief the stress to the system.

My guess is exit surveys or something like it. They got rid of Express Transportation -- they may have just reached the conclusion that it sends a bad vibe when they have a lot of additional-cost experiences. Or they've got a certain number of them allowed, so now they're doing the AK VIP tour.

Would you mind citing your source? I'm honestly very surprised that so many people are complaining about EMM.

I'm booked for EMM on Oct 1, and haven't received any email notification of it being cancelled. Still shows in my MDE. I think their system is either glitching out or as kwelch10377 said, lots of traffic rescheduling trips due to the hurricane so maybe they deactivated to alleviate the system.

I'm booked for EMM on Oct 1, and haven't received any email notification of it being cancelled. Still shows in my MDE. I think their system is either glitching out or as kwelch10377 said, lots of traffic rescheduling trips due to the hurricane so maybe they deactivated to alleviate the system.
Thanks for posting! I am feeling hopeful again for November. I think it's very possible they have put a hold on special events so their server can handle the increase in people needing to reschedule their trips due to Irma.

There is a lot of traffic on the site and app right now because of people trying to change plans due to the hurricane. I wouldn't be surprised if they temporarily deactivated the ability to book some things online to relief the stress to the system.
This makes sense! So hopefully you're right.

Would you mind citing your source? I'm honestly very surprised that so many people are complaining about EMM.

It wouldn't necessarily be people complaining. The reason given for cancelling the Express Transportation was that most guests preferred a different form of transportation. Have no idea where Disney got that, but assume it was through surveys of some kind. The problem with surveys is you never know if you're surveying people who actually utilize something. Anyway, I could totally see where Disney might think EMM wasn't well received if they are simply asking random guests if something like this appeals to them. My guess is the majority of random guests would not want to pay anything extra for 3 rides and a breakfast, even though "we" know it was a great experience for the majority of those who actually did it and reported back here.

I'm not saying it's going away, but I am saying I could see how Disney might view it if they've surveyed in any way.

It wouldn't necessarily be people complaining. The reason given for cancelling the Express Transportation was that most guests preferred a different form of transportation. Have no idea where Disney got that, but assume it was through surveys of some kind. The problem with surveys is you never know if you're surveying people who actually utilize something. Anyway, I could totally see where Disney might think EMM wasn't well received if they are simply asking random guests if something like this appeals to them. My guess is the majority of random guests would not want to pay anything extra for 3 rides and a breakfast, even though "we" know it was a great experience for the majority of those who actually did it and reported back here.

I'm not saying it's going away, but I am saying I could see how Disney might view it if they've surveyed in any way.

I agree, but the poster I quoted said that people have been complaining and complaining about EMM. It was stated as fact, not "I think people may have been complaining, and that's why Disney may be doing away with it." Since it was stated as fact, I was curious on the source since I have not heard too much complaining about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter