Frozen at rope drop

waltslostnephew

Mouseketeer
Hello, unable to get frozen fast passes for Feb. 1st. Crowd level is around a 2 for this day. What kind of wait are we looking at if we go straight to Frozen at rope drop. Is it worth a try? How about when the park closes, any chance to try it then? Thanks.

Yes, do it. We did it Jan 3 while the parks were still quite busy for the holidays and we walked on FEA. We also weren't the first ones through the gates nor did we run to the attraction.

If you can make it to rope drop early, like 8:15, walk swiftly to the ride, you will be ahead of the pack and likely finished with the ride before 9:00 a.m.

We were there in November, didn't get to the tap style until 8:40 and were done at 9:20. It was Food and Wine and the crowd was high. I'm thinking you will be fine.

I would go at RD as if the parks are not opened late ( like after 11) then you really will not see shorter lines for rides at night some say to do things during the night time show ( wishes illimination ) this really is not true in my opinion you may see a little shorter wait ( line instead of 120 minute you might get 90) I think if you can get there at rope drop be in the front you should be able to get on with in about 20-40 minute wait. but the ride dose break down a good bit. So I would just go and wait for it at rope drop

and keep checking FP you never know.

If you don't mind missing illuminations and step in line right before 9 it shouldn't be too bad. It will still say 60 minutes or so, but will go really quick once FP users are done.

I did it in mid September. Worked great. Walked in near the front of the pack and walked right on the ride.

Got off and got right back in line for about a 5-10 min wait. So slow walkers should see a 5-10min wait.

After my second ride, it was about a 20 min wait. So even slower walkers (or folks at the back of the tapstile line) should face a max 20 min line...which I thought wasn't bad at all.

The long walk spread people out a lot so no running of the bulls.

Saw this on touring plans "(Note that the ropes are positioned to allow guests from International Gateway to enter the park, as well as to let guests with Akershus Royal Banquet Hall breakfast reservations get to the restaurant in the Norway Pavillion and pastry lovers to get to Les Halles Boulangerie & Pâtisserie in France.)"

Can you enter from the International Gateway and tell them you're heading to Les Halles?

Saw this on touring plans "(Note that the ropes are positioned to allow guests from International Gateway to enter the park, as well as to let guests with Akershus Royal Banquet Hall breakfast reservations get to the restaurant in the Norway Pavillion and pastry lovers to get to Les Halles Boulangerie & Pâtisserie in France.)"

Can you enter from the International Gateway and tell them you're heading to Les Halles?

Yes, you can enter the IG and head to Les Halles, if you like.
(And, just to be clear, you likely won't have to tell anyone where you're headed.)

Or, you can enter the IG and head the other direction (clockwise) and walk to Future World or Norway, if you like.

Either way, you just need a valid ticket or AP to get into Epcot via the IG. Same as the front gate.

But, you can't go to France and THEN go on around (counter-clockwise) to Norway.
There is a rope to stop you at France in that direction.

Last edited:
Where do you line up at rope drop? Do they let you line up in Norway? What are good times to be in line if park opens at 9am. Thanks

Where do you line up at rope drop? Do they let you line up in Norway? What are good times to be in line if park opens at 9am. Thanks

Front gate guests are admitted, maybe, 15 minutes early, but are held, again, in a central location in Future World until they "drop the rope" at
opening time (9AM on a regular hours day.)

Then, everyone can head toward their chosen first attraction.

International Gateway guests are often admitted 5-10 min. early and can head toward their
chosen first attraction. This can vary by the day.

So the bakery in Norway is open before rope drop?

The bakery in FRANCE (Les Halles) is open at/before rope drop.

The table service/character breakfast restaurant (Akershus) in Norway is open before rope drop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter