• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Front of the line pass at Universal

dancindisneyLuver

Earning My Ears
I haven't been to universal for several years. I am wondering if the front of the line pass is worth the money and how does it work. Sorry if there was already a thread on this.

It's not really worth it if you ask me, you can only use it once per attraction. I guess it might be worth it if you plan on going at a real busy time of year, but other then that it's not worth the extra $$$ you have to pay.q

I have already purchased the FOTL pass for July and they (universal) said I can use it as much as I want for the rides. There was no limit on how many times it can be used and you also get the reserved seating in the shows.

I have already purchased the FOTL pass for July and they (universal) said I can use it as much as I want for the rides. There was no limit on how many times it can be used and you also get the reserved seating in the shows.

Hmm I know the one in Orlando is only once per ride. Guess USH is different.

FOL Passes at USH are good for the rides ALL DAY - there's no limit to how many times you can ride each ride. And you get priority seating for all the shows too. It is a lot of money but if you go on a busy day, depending on how you spend your time, you only get to do the big rides like JPRA and ROTM a couple of times MAX. With FOL Passes, you'll get to do whatever you want and spending half your day on the Starway!!

Have a great trip! :thumbsup2

I think it depends on when you go. We got it when we went in mid-august and thought it was great. We rode some things multiple times.

We'll be there during the week of July 15 and likely only spending one day at USH. I expect we'd be at the park mid-week; would the experts recommend getting the FoTL pass for that time period?

Note added later: Of course, if I'd noticed the other thread before I posted here I'd have had my answer already. I gotta spend more time doing this: :surfweb:

- Mike

We used them 2 years ago and they were totally worth it. At USH you can use them all day, there isn't a limit. If it's going to be during a busy time, I say go for it.

We used the FOL passes 2 yrs ago and it was worth it. USH was not my favourite but my older kids loved it. We went on the big rides many times, and it got us into the shows first as well. It was August and very busy so I was really glad we did it. An example of the difference between regular passes and FOL....the rest of the tour bus we were on had regular passes and we were the only people that got to do the Mummy ride AND Jurassic Park (and we did them a min of 6 times each!) because the lines were so long they only had time to do one of those big rides if they wanted to see any shows. We also saw EVERY show except one (cant remember why what we missed-I think an animal show). Have fun!

I will be there September 22-24 so I will only be there one day. I did not care for universal in FLA so I am not sure I will like this but I just bought the front of the line passes, they were more money but going one day I hope it is going to be worth it. :)

I did the Universal VIP tour experience, which included the front of the line pass. I wouldn't spend $119 for the ticket/pass, but I did pay $200 for the VIP tour - which was a great value (and we got back doored into attractions for half the tour, before going backstage). THAT was well worth it, I just finished putting pics up. But I am not enamored with the park itself really, I would probably just do the VIP tour again. I prefer walking around movie set areas!

The people I spoke with who did have the regular front of the line passes did find them worth it, especially since it was so busy. I used my front of the line pass just for Back to the Future, I went home after that (the tour was over 6 hours).

The FOTL was well worth it, we used it more than once on each ride you will not be disappointed if you purchased it.

I did the Universal VIP tour experience, which included the front of the line pass. I wouldn't spend $119 for the ticket/pass, but I did pay $200 for the VIP tour - which was a great value (and we got back doored into attractions for half the tour, before going backstage). THAT was well worth it, I just finished putting pics up. But I am not enamored with the park itself really, I would probably just do the VIP tour again. I prefer walking around movie set areas!

The people I spoke with who did have the regular front of the line passes did find them worth it, especially since it was so busy. I used my front of the line pass just for Back to the Future, I went home after that (the tour was over 6 hours).

I am interested in the VIP tour and it sounds like you enjoyed it. What time does the tour start in the morning? Also, you say you were back doored into attractions. Was that part of the tour? Did you feel you were able to see all of the park? When we go, the park is only open from 10-6 and I want to make sure we would have time for both the tour and attractions. Thanks

I am interested in the VIP tour and it sounds like you enjoyed it. What time does the tour start in the morning? Also, you say you were back doored into attractions. Was that part of the tour? Did you feel you were able to see all of the park? When we go, the park is only open from 10-6 and I want to make sure we would have time for both the tour and attractions. Thanks

That was part of the tour (getting in through the back doors). The front of the line pass was good for the rest of the day as well. I think the only thing I would have liked to have seen that I didn't was the Lucy attraction. But I ended up stuck on line for BTTF (I had the front of the line pass, but they may have had some technical problems as it was taking a while to get to everyone).

I wouldn't do the park any other way - I REALLY enjoyed the tour. And I liked going behind-the-scenes, that was why I took it. I will PM you the link to my tour report/photos. My tour started at 11am, but they had at least one earlier tour that I'd been offered.

We are getting the So Cal Pass. Is there anyway to FoL to those tickets? We will be there on a Saturday in July. We could go on a Friday, but I would like to have an "off" day between 3 days at DL. We will be changing hotels too. We could check out of GCH on Thursday and spend the day at CA, then head to the Hilton and go to USH on Friday. But, I'd rather check out on Friday and go to USH on Saturday. DD-10 won't do any of the big rides. DD-8 will want to do it all!!!!!!! Opps, this was going to be a short question!!
1. Can I add FoL pass to So Cal ticket?
2. As far as crowds, is a Friday in July (19th) better than a Saturday?
Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter