From East Coast to West Coast in Under 3 Months WDW/DL PTR Updated 1/30!

WOO HOO on single digit dance!

9fcf2944cf69d1ae101ee46e7f0ff46c.gif

Well at least i found pluto dancing!

I ador your plans and love the low key.. well I love the shopping days!! that's the best part!

MMMMMMMMMMMMM Food! I am starving now!!!

Whoop whoop. Single digit dance!!!

Your Disney Springs day looks great. I really like the new area. We spent 4 hours there on our last day and still didn't get to see everything we wanted.

I didn't realize there was so much food during the holidays at EPCOT. I really do want to experience WDW during Christmas at least once, even though that means it may be a trip without DH.

Yay for single digits!!

Your day sounds great! I had no idea that Epcot offered holidays foods- sounds awesome!

I'm getting really excited! Just need to get through today and then three days of work next week.

I had no idea there were holiday food booths at Epcot. They definitely were not there in 2014. Maybe they were new in 2015 or this year?

Woohoo your trip is almost here!

I can't wait to check out Disney Springs. Sounds like another fun filled day.

The food booths look good. I am interested to hear reviews of them.

Getting so close!

I'm really excited to see DS now that it's more complete. I didn't get to spend much time there in January because Jim doesn't like to shop.

I hope the Holiday food and beverages are good, I'm really looking forward to trying some.

WOO HOO on single digit dance!

9fcf2944cf69d1ae101ee46e7f0ff46c.gif

Well at least i found pluto dancing!

I ador your plans and love the low key.. well I love the shopping days!! that's the best part!

MMMMMMMMMMMMM Food! I am starving now!!!

Love the dancing Pluto!

Shopping is what Mom and I love to do so it will be a great day!

Whoop whoop. Single digit dance!!!

Your Disney Springs day looks great. I really like the new area. We spent 4 hours there on our last day and still didn't get to see everything we wanted.

I didn't realize there was so much food during the holidays at EPCOT. I really do want to experience WDW during Christmas at least once, even though that means it may be a trip without DH.

It's getting so close now!

I can't wait to see all the new stuff at DS. I'm only disappointed that I didn't schedule evening time there since they've added some stuff. I need to see if we can fit that in somewhere.

I didn't know about the food offerings either. Just found a thread about it on the DIS a few days ago.

WDW Day 5

8 days to go!

On Wednesday, November 30th, we will be heading back to Epcot for the whole day. Morgan and her family are at Epcot also on this day but we did not plan any of our FPs together. I’m not sure if we will spend time with them or not.

Our FP+ for the day are:

Soarin’: 9:40 – 10:40 am
Living With the Land 10:45 – 11:45 am
Spaceship Earth 1:20 – 2:20 pm

I know for sure we will use the Soarin’ one but who knows with the other two. Neither ride really needs a FP.

I would like to try to make rope drop on this day. I’m torn between heading to Test Track and heading to the Joy and Sadness meet and greet. Mom is not a huge fan of Test Track and she hasn’t seen Inside Out so neither one will appeal to her. In the end it will probably depend on what time we make it to the park.

I know for sure we will ride the Seas with Nemo if the line isn't too long.

And spend a lot of time looking for and watching the Sea Turtles. They are a favorite of ours.

I hope to take Mom to see the Pixar shorts since she hasn’t seen those.

Maybe I will even drag her kicking and screaming onto Figment. She doesn’t appreciate Figment like I do.

I know we will catch Spaceship Earth either with our FP or as we head out of the park that evening.

I know for sure we will not be riding Mission Space or Ellen’s Energy Adventure. Mom loathes both of those rides.

We have a Candlelight Processional Dining package at noon at Coral Reef.

This restaurant was totally my pick because it’s a favorite and it’s the only one that has an appetizer, main course and dessert that I like. Mom wasn’t sad though, she hasn’t been here since our 2010 trip and she’s eager to go back.

I’m pretty sure I will get the same exact meal as I had in 2014. Lobster Bisque (dream worthy) for an appetizer.

Mahi Mahi with shrimp and mashed potatoes (I get the lime sauce on the side because I don’t really like it that well).

And for dessert, the Bailey’s & Jack Daniels chocolate Mousse. This dessert is only second in my book to the chocolate cupcake at BOG.

I’m hoping we will get a seat near the aquarium windows so I can try for more shots like this one.

After lunch it will probably be time to head back into World Showcase for some country exploring.

Our Candlelight package is for the 5 pm show and our narrator is Neil Patrick Harris. I plan to line up around 4 pm so we can get decent seats. Morgan and her family are also attending this CP but I don’t know if we will sit together or not. They are doing a dining package lunch at Captain’s Grille over at the Yacht Club. I’m hoping to find a bench for Mom near where I am waiting but if not I’m hoping she will agree to find a bench near the entrance and wait for me there while I hold our place in line. I worry about her because she sometimes gets lightheaded when she stands for long periods of time.

After the Processional, we will continue our explorations of World Showcase. I don’t know that we will want a full meal for dinner after the CP package. I was so stuffed when I did it two years ago! So maybe we will just snack a bit as we visit the countries.

If Mom wants to watch Illuminations, we will find a spot but I doubt she will. We will probably just head out before the show so we beat the crowds.

Up Next: WDW Day 6

Sounds like the perfect day! Wow, your entire meal choice at Coral Reef looks amazing. I definitely want to go there someday! So awesome that NPH will be your CP narrator!

We loved the Pixar shorts! They were so cute. We didn't have FP for them but still had no trouble at all getting in.

I still have not gotten to do Figment. We had FP for it this past trip & it was down. By the time they got it up & running, we were heading to MNSSHP. :(

I love your Coral Reef sea turtle picture! And that appetizer & dessert??? Wow! I'm going to have to make a trip there next time just for those.

How exciting that you're seeing Neil Patrick Harris. He's one of my favorite actors. I bet he will be great!

Sounds like an awesome day!

I have never been to coral reef because of mixed reviews.

I'd love to do the candlelight processional one day though.

How did I get so behind!? I think my "watch thread" click didn't take or something?! But, anyway, I'm back at it now :) I love the sound of your plans shaping up and can't believe this trip is already here...in a few short days!! Reading your plans makes me miss last year when Mom and I were adventuring together! I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time, and I am SO jealous you'll be seeing Neil Patrick Harris. He is phenomenal!

While we will probably do more things we really only have one goal for the evening, to use our FP+ for Soarin’ from 7:20 – 8:20 pm. Mom wanted to ride Soarin’ twice and also catch Frozen Ever After so I ended up scheduling us one full day and two half days at Epcot so I could snag all three FPs.
We have two Epcot half days planned so that we can ride Soarin' twice, too. We saw the new version in October and I am dying to see it again. The scenes flash by so fast that they need to be viewed over and over again. ::yes:: The new Frozen ride is a once and done for us.

I'm really excited to see DS now that it's more complete. I didn't get to spend much time there in January because Jim doesn't like to shop.
DH likes to shop but I don't. But we will head over there at least once for a hot fudge sundae at Ghirardelli's, and maybe some shopping. I'd like to see the new drone show but it really doesn't work into our quick four night trip.

I hope the Holiday food and beverages are good, I'm really looking forward to trying some.
Now that you've posted that list, I want to make sure we stop at some of those booths. It all looks good.

Mahi Mahi with shrimp and mashed potatoes
That is my favorite dish at Coral Reef.

Our Candlelight package is for the 5 pm show and our narrator is Neil Patrick Harris. I plan to line up around 4 pm so we can get decent seats.
We are missing NPH by a couple of nights. We can see Whoopi or James Olmos. I've heard that NPH is the best narrator. That should be a great evening.

Sounds like the perfect day! Wow, your entire meal choice at Coral Reef looks amazing. I definitely want to go there someday! So awesome that NPH will be your CP narrator!

You should definitely try Coral Reef someday. I have read mixed reviews but I've eaten there three times now and each meal has been wonderful.

We loved the Pixar shorts! They were so cute. We didn't have FP for them but still had no trouble at all getting in.

I still have not gotten to do Figment. We had FP for it this past trip & it was down. By the time they got it up & running, we were heading to MNSSHP. :(

I love your Coral Reef sea turtle picture! And that appetizer & dessert??? Wow! I'm going to have to make a trip there next time just for those.

How exciting that you're seeing Neil Patrick Harris. He's one of my favorite actors. I bet he will be great!

I saw the Pixar shorts in January and really enjoyed them. I'm looking forward to seeing them again with Mom.

Oh no, you definitely need to try to get on Figment next time.

Both the appetizer and dessert at Coral Reef are excellent. The dessert definitely has an alcoholic taste to it so it's not for everyone but I love it.

Sounds like an awesome day!

I have never been to coral reef because of mixed reviews.

I'd love to do the candlelight processional one day though.

I know that Coral Reef gets mixed reviews but I've always had wonderful meals there.

Yes, definitely try to make the candlelight processional someday, it's a really neat show.

How did I get so behind!? I think my "watch thread" click didn't take or something?! But, anyway, I'm back at it now :) I love the sound of your plans shaping up and can't believe this trip is already here...in a few short days!! Reading your plans makes me miss last year when Mom and I were adventuring together! I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time, and I am SO jealous you'll be seeing Neil Patrick Harris. He is phenomenal!

No worries, I still have about 20 threads I haven't managed to catch up on yet. Things have just been too crazy at work and it's going to get crazier. My boss resigned on Friday, guess she didn't like the new reorg. I'm not sad though, she was pretty useless.

I'm really excited for this trip, I love traveling with my Mom.

We have two Epcot half days planned so that we can ride Soarin' twice, too. We saw the new version in October and I am dying to see it again. The scenes flash by so fast that they need to be viewed over and over again. ::yes:: The new Frozen ride is a once and done for us.

DH likes to shop but I don't. But we will head over there at least once for a hot fudge sundae at Ghirardelli's, and maybe some shopping. I'd like to see the new drone show but it really doesn't work into our quick four night trip.

Now that you've posted that list, I want to make sure we stop at some of those booths. It all looks good.

That is my favorite dish at Coral Reef.

We are missing NPH by a couple of nights. We can see Whoopi or James Olmos. I've heard that NPH is the best narrator. That should be a great evening.

I have a feeling that FEA will be a once and done for us too but I always like to try everything at least once. I'm guessing we will think it is cute but not worth waiting hours for. And Soarin' is always going to win out for FPs.

My DH is the same way, not a fan of shopping other than the Lego store. I'm excited to have time to explore DS since Mom likes to shop too.

The booths look awesome at Epcot. I did just find out that these are full meals though, not small plates like at Food and Wine. That's kind of disappointing because I wanted to try more than one item.

WDW Day 6

5 days to go!

On Thursday, December 1st we will finally be heading back to my happy place, Magic Kingdom!

I picked this day because it is a party day and I’m hoping it will be less crowded since the park closes at 7 pm. We won’t be doing a Christmas Party this trip because Mom wasn’t interested. I’ve done it two years in a row now and didn’t really have a desire to go back again this year. I will probably do it again in a few years.

We will be meeting up with my Aunt Esther and Cousin Sydney for the morning. The rest of that gang will be doing a pool day because they will be doing the party that night. We have the first two of our three FPs lined up with them. They are:

Space Mountain 9:30 – 10:30 am

Buzz Lightyear 10:35 – 11:35 am

7 Dwarves Mine Train 1:45 – 2:45 pm

Esther and Sydney decided that they would rather do BTMR than 7DMT.

I’m hoping to make it to the park in time for the Welcome Show but I’m not banking on it. Mom has to have a seat on the buses so sometimes we have to wait for a second bus if the first is too crowded.

If we do make it for rope drop I plan to head to Peter Pan. We do have a FP on our last day but Mom hasn’t seen the new interactive line and I would like to show it to her.

If we don’t make it for rope drop, we may take an immediate right when we enter the park and go meet Tinkerbell. Mom mentioned that she would like to meet her this trip.

Towards 10 am we will head to Tomorrowland for our meet up with Esther and Sydney to use our first two FPs. Maybe in between the two we will hop on the TTA or visit COP.

We will have to split up again around 11:30 so Mom and I can head towards BOG for our 12 pm lunch ADR. Esther and Sydney will be heading to the Grand Floridian for afternoon tea.

We pre-ordered for BOG and both got the Turkey sandwich although Mom left the fixings on hers while I ordered mine plain.

We also both ordered the chocolate cupcake for dessert. Mom loves chocolate but can’t eat it for dinner or it keeps her awake. She is excited to try lunch so she can have the chocolate one.

After lunch we should be close to our window for the 7DMT but if we still have time, maybe we will catch IASW or the Little Mermaid ride.

As soon as we use the 7DMT I will hop onto MDE and see what additional FP I can get for us.

Hopefully I can snag a Dumbo for soon after because that’s a must do for me.

The only other must do for me this afternoon with be the County Bears.

Other than that, I’m sure we will just do some shopping, see a show or two or continue to grab FPs. We will just play it by ear.

We have dinner scheduled at the Grand Floridian Café at 7:30 pm. I’ve eaten there but it is a new one for Mom. I have a feeling that we will head out of MK around 4 pm when it starts getting crowded with party guests. Mom loves visiting the resorts so stops at the Contemporary and Poly could be on the schedule. I have yet to see the new lobby in person at the Poly.

I have grand ideas of watching Christmas Wishes outside of the MK gates before hopping on a bus back to Pop, but I don’t know if we will make it all the way till 10 pm.

Up Next: WDW Day 7

Maybe I will even drag her kicking and screaming onto Figment. She doesn’t appreciate Figment like I do.
You have to drag her on figment Not trip to epcot is complete without Figment.

Our Candlelight package is for the 5 pm show and our narrator is Neil Patrick Harris. I plan to line up around 4 pm so we can get decent seats. Morgan and her family are also attending this CP but I don’t know if we will sit together or not. They are doing a dining package lunch at Captain’s Grille over at the Yacht Club. I’m hoping to find a bench for Mom near where I am waiting but if not I’m hoping she will agree to find a bench near the entrance and wait for me there while I hold our place in line. I worry about her because she sometimes gets lightheaded when she stands for long periods of time.
Hopefully she will sit. Have you looked into a the disability pass for her? Might help her not have to stand for long period of times on line?

Awesome plans!

It's been two years since I've seen the welcome show and likely won't see it again on this upcoming trip. I hope you get to see it.

Nice choices at BoG! My dessert choice would've been the grey stuff cupcake though, I just love that. You can go wrong with chocolate though.

Of course you have to see Big Al he's the best!

I've never eaten at the GF cafe, interested to hear what you think after you get back.

These are great plans! Nice relaxing and still enjoying all Disney!
I do hope you get your Window seat to see the turtles! I hope whoever is sitting with you on Buzz knows you cheat.
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Love Neil Patrick Harris!!! He's just a cool guy. and he Loves Disney SO SO MUCH!
He has to be a great person!

I am so excited to stalk you when you leave!
Id post more but i am having major computer problems which i have been trying to work on it for the last 4 hours. I quit!

You have to drag her on figment Not trip to epcot is complete without Figment.

Hopefully she will sit. Have you looked into a the disability pass for her? Might help her not have to stand for long period of times on line?

I'm definitely going to try to get her on Figment. Maybe if we meet up with the kids, they can talk her into riding.

I've thought about the disability pass but I'm pretty sure Mom won't go for it. She's stubborn sometimes!

Awesome plans!

It's been two years since I've seen the welcome show and likely won't see it again on this upcoming trip. I hope you get to see it.

Nice choices at BoG! My dessert choice would've been the grey stuff cupcake though, I just love that. You can go wrong with chocolate though.

Of course you have to see Big Al he's the best!

I've never eaten at the GF cafe, interested to hear what you think after you get back.

I do love the Welcome Show and Mom has yet to see it. I definitely want to try to get to it this time.

I've tried the grey stuff cupcake but it's just not enough chocolate for me. :rotfl:

I ate at GFC in 2014 and thought it was just OK. My meal was fine (I had steak) but nothing I was in a rush to go back for. But Mom loves the GF and she really wanted to try a meal there.

These are great plans! Nice relaxing and still enjoying all Disney!
I do hope you get your Window seat to see the turtles! I hope whoever is sitting with you on Buzz knows you cheat.
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Love Neil Patrick Harris!!! He's just a cool guy. and he Loves Disney SO SO MUCH!
He has to be a great person!

I am so excited to stalk you when you leave!
Id post more but i am having major computer problems which i have been trying to work on it for the last 4 hours. I quit!

Mom barely tries on Buzz and only rides because she knows I love it. I'm kind of hoping to ride with my Cousin and then I can show her the high targets.

I am really excited to see NPH at the CP!

Ugh, computer problems suck, hope you got everything figured out.

WDW Day 7

4 days to go! This is a pretty short update since most of the day is up in the air.

Friday, December 2nd is our second semi-down day of the trip. We have no set plans till later that evening. We will probably decide the night before what we want to do for the day.

I am sure that I will be visiting the Concierge desk to get our Magical Express times fixed. Our flights are about an hour apart and they always put us on different buses. I don’t want Mom riding to the airport by herself.

Maybe we will head back to Animal Kingdom for a few hours but I doubt it. We have a pretty long day there our first day and I think we should get everything in.

More likely, we will sleep in a bit, do some packing and then head to HS for lunch at PizzeRizzo, the new pizza place that replaced Pizza Planet.

Mom still thinks we are eating there for lunch on our first HS day but if you remember, I moved Mama Melrose to lunch so we could do the dessert party.

Hollywood Studios will work much better with the plans we have for the afternoon. We really want to spend some time at the Boardwalk.

Neither one of us has ever stepped foot in the Swan and Dolphin so that’s probably where we will head first. We also want to see the Christmas decorations at the other resorts. A drink at the new AbracadaBar and ice cream at Ample Hill Creamery is also on the list.

Around 4 pm we will need to start making our way into Epcot for our one FP of the day. It’s for Frozen Ever After from 5:15 – 6:15 pm. I would also like to meet Anna and Elsa in their new spot if the wait time is not too bad.

We have an ADR at 6:25 pm at Akershus. This one is new to both of us and we are excited to eat there. I will finally get a picture with Belle in her yellow dress! The Norwegian Meatballs sound so good to me.

After dinner we will head out and back to our room to finish packing in preparation for departing the next day.

Up Next: WDW Day 8 Last Day

Looks great!

I've never been to the swan and dolphin during Christmas but I know they have a huge white Christmas tree and Santa does meet and greets but not in his red suit he wears swim trunks and a Hawaiian shirt!

I cannot wait for all your reviews! your doing so many great things!
This is going to be a GREAT Trip Report!

Make sure you stop at the Yacht Club to see the train display and the Beach Club to see the chocolate carousel. They sell gingerbread at the BC, too. The lobby smells great.

If you have time you might want to go to Wilderness Lodge before you do the monorail resorts. The boat to WL from MK is a lovely ride. And after checking out the gorgeous Christmas decorations you can either take the boat to Contemporary, which is a fast five minutes or a bus. The Disney Springs bus, the DHS bus and the AK bus all stop at C R from the WL - but be sure to ask the bus driver first.

Day 6 at Magic Kingdom sounds great! You have lots of fun rides lined up. I'm glad you will be eating lunch at BOG! Watching Wishes from outside the gates is a really fun experience, but don't blame you if you can't make it that late.

Day 7 sounds nice! I am curious to hear how PizzeRizzo is. Anna & Elsa's wait hasn't been too bad, hopefully you can get in there with a 20 min wait or even less. I really enjoyed breakfast at Akershus so I can't wait to hear how dinner is!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter