• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

From Boma to Port Orleans

MarinaDelRay

Earning My Ears
Hello,

Sorry for such a specific question.....If AK closes at 5pm (we are going in December) and we have a ADR booked at BOMA afterwards (5:05pm) - how do we get back to our hotel (Port Orleans) afterwards if the park is closed? We have 3 small kids and a stroller. Is there a bus from Boma to Port Orleans directly? I feel like cancelling Boma because I can't seem to find any info online...Help!

There are a couple of options. First you can take a bus to either Magic Kingdom from Boma and then change buses to Port Orleans. You could also take a bus from Boma (Animal Kingdom Lodge) to downtown Disney and take the boat back to Port Orleans. This is a nice relaxing boat ride and you do not have to collapse your stroller on the boat. I would not cancel you ressie for Boma it is so good! :thumbsup2

As said you have a couple options, but going directly from AKL and Boma back to POR is a no go.
You will have to take a bus to a park or DTD and transfer. It can be a bit of a pain but not to bad.

You can also ask at the park (AK) when you leave how late the buses will be running. If you aren't long at Boma you might be able to catch a bus to there and then back to POR. Just depends.

There is always a taxi, not sure what the cost is but it is an option.

we had the exact same concerns as you. We were in Disney (first time) in May with a 4yo and a 1yo staying at POR. We had dinner at Boma- SO glad we did (LOVED IT) and then we went to Bell services and had a taxi with car seats take us straight back to POR- cost us $18 but well worth it!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter