Friends seeking travel friends thread!

I am going to put this out here to you ladies. There is a group of 100 of us who go to Disneyland every year at the end of February. We are the Dis Divas....women only, over the age of 18 and our one commonality is that we love all things Disney. The group began with 10 women and has grown over the years.

Our trip is Wednesday to Sunday and we get a group rate at the Grand Californian Hotel which is a deluxe. It is affordable because we sleep 3 - 4 to a room. And yes, I have roomed with strangers. We have a Meet-and-Greet party on Wednesday, and meals and events are scheduled throughout the 5 days we are together. Every year we take a group photo in front of the castle with our matching t shirts and tiaras. Our ages range from 18 to 65...and there is fun for all including pub crawls, a scavenger hunt and group rides on attractions.

You all should consider doing the same for Disney World. In fact I would probably come!!! Here is our thread over on the Disneyland boards: http://www.disboards.com/threads/dis-divas-back-from-disney-and-ready-to-plan-for-2016.3386049/ although we now do most of our planning on Facebook. But the thread is worthwhile because you can see what we have done in the past few years.

And....I would like to add... if you want to enjoy Disneyland with a friendly group of like-minded ladies, join us!

I would really like to join in on this fun!!! When do you guys go? Would it be okay to just stay one or two nights?

I would love to do this for Disney World. I think this would be so fun!! I always have a hard time trying to get friends to go to Disney!

I feel the exact same way! Although on the west coast.. I always want to Disney and my friends just don't. Now that we have our Main Street electrical parade back I am itching to go!! That's my FAV!!!

My best friend and I are going to Disney world in March if you want to join us for a day? We're both 33, females and we love Disney.

Last edited:

I feel the exact same way! Although on the west cost.. I always want to Disney and my friends just don't Now that we have our Main Street electrical parade back I am itching to go!! That's my FAV!!!

My best friend and I are going to Disney world I'm March if you want to join us for a day? We're both 33, females and we love Disney.

Thank you! so nice of you. Ill actually be there the end of April! Hope you have a great trip!

Hi! I'm an annual pass holder...always looking for friends to hang out with at Disney. 31 y/o female from Florida.
Mar108. Ill be down there April 27- May 3rd. Ill be with family the last couple days, but Im on my own Thurs and Fri if you wanted to meet up and hit up the parks :)

Hi! I'm an annual pass holder...always looking for friends to hang out with at Disney. 31 y/o female from Florida.

Mar - I probably won't activate my AP until December, but am contemplating doing it for F&W. Keep me in mind for next year! I'll totally have some freedom to do a day now and then :mickeybar

Hi, I am solo on my trip in May 6-21, if any other solo want to meet up for table meal, rides or a walk thru DS. Single, female 54yo.

I would love this! Any ladies in their 20's/early 30's looking for a new disney friend, let me know!!! I'm 23, and Disney obsessed. I move at a fast pace throughout the park, and would love a new friend to do rides together or hangout for a bit during the day! I would love to stay in a Deluxe resort one day, too! Sharing the cost would actually make that totally realistic. I usually go to WDW 3 times per year. Maybe i'll go more this year! :P

During my solo trip March 1-11, 2017, would anyone like to meet for a meal, or a music show?

On past trips, I've enjoyed meeting many new friends from here on the DIS. I've already got some meetups planned for this trip, and looking for a few more.

Planned meals where we could meet:

March 1: late dinner at Boatwright's
March 3: late breakfast at Cape May Café; dinner at Boma
March 5: dinner at The Wave
March 6: dinner at Skipper Canteen (reservation for four people; two spots are still available)
March 7: lunch at Sci Fi Dine In; dinner at Captain's Grille
March 8: lunch at Whispering Canyon
March 9: late breakfast at Ravello
March 11: lunch at Kona Café

Music shows:

March 1: Yehaa Bob show
March 4: Campfire Singalong; then Yehaa Bob show again
March 7 and/or March 10: Jellyrolls dueling piano bar

Feel free to send me a message for more info. I probably won't be able to check these messages during the trip, but I'd be happy to plan ahead, if anyone may like to meet up.

So I'm recently separated (middle of Feb) and I'd love to make some new female friends that love Disney!

I've seen the singles seeking singles thread, but I'm not interested in looking for a romantic relationship yet (maybe ever lol!) but having some new girlfriends, maybe to do Disney with, would be awesome. If y'all are like me my "real life" friends are all married with little kids and don't care about Disney.

What do you think? Would this be a good idea here or is it lame? I realize we're all over the country but you never know, you might meet your Disney BFF!

Hi ladies! I'm a DIS local, I live about 2 miles from the Disney property, and I'm an Annual Passholder. I would LOVE TO make new DIS friends! Message me :love:

Just wanted to post on here as well! I am a single 25 year old female from NY that would love to meet or even split a room cost with another female! I'd love to be able to go down to Disney more often!

What is your travel style (slow, moderate, fast paced): moderate- depends how many days I'm there!
What are you trip finances like (budget, moderate, luxury): moderate, budget if alone! I would love to stay at a deluxe one time!
Planned or laid back trip: Planned
Morning or night person: Night for sure!
Favorite parks: MK and Hollywood studios- looking forward to the new lands being done
Are you a leader or a follower (i.e. okay with someone else planning and you just tag along or vice verse): I really am more of a leader, I love to plan and organize but I'd be willing to tag along and have a day to myself to do stuff I want to do!
Rate these in importance (1 most important, 6 least important); Rides, food, tours, character experiences, shopping, down time:
1. Rides
2. Food
3. Character experiences
4. Tours
5. shopping
6. Down time- is this a thing at Disney?!

Hi Ladies,

51 yr old female, local to Disney area for 2-1/2 years, widow, no kids.
Definitely interested in meeting like minded people and making new friends.
Please feel free to contact/pm me with questions and to exchange more specific facts.

I'll be there next month and I'm the same, like to hit the parks fast paced and get he lost out of a day!

Let me know if you're around and fancy a day at one of the parks!

Annie x

I am a cast member that just moved to the Kissimmee area in Florida and have NO Disney friends at all. I'd totally love to meet someone and hang out though!! I've tried contacting people through instagram but it's...very hard to get a message back from a lot of people lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!