Friends and Family Discount

Before I bug my cousin, can someone tell me if F&F discounts are available for 1 bedroom suites at AKL Jambo, club level? We are looking to do that for the end of our December trip, 12/-12/3. We are 4 adults and 2 kids.
Thanks in advance.

The CM really needs to check for you.

It wouldn't make sense not to want to bug your cousin but asking a stranger to do the same thing, ya know? Availability could change in a heartbeat.

CL is not excluded though.

Does the F&F discount apply to open DVC through the Disney website? I'm looking specifically at the Polynesian Studio DVC.

My CM is helping us plan our trip and she already has given us a run down of information. And the next time we are meeting up, she's hoping we have a more decisive places we want to stay. We were originally planning to stay at CSR or PORS, but she had us thinking about a split stay with a Deluxe. The Polynesian Studio DVC is amazing! It's funny because our CM wanted us to stay somewhere nicer, and now I feel like I'm jumping the gun.

I don't believe they're specifically excluded, but they're definitely hard to come by!

We will be in one October though. Very excited for 2 bathrooms!

HarleenQ, Sorry if I offended. i wasn't asking a stranger to book anything for me. I was asking if those types of rooms are usually seen as part of the discounted rooms, I gave additional info to give background. If the people on these boards knew, as they often do, then I wouldn't bother him if those rooms are excluded. I have always found these boards to be extremely helpful and an environment of sharing. I answer whenever I can and enjoy talking with people who share my love of Disney. You are right, next time I will reach out to my family member rather than bugging total strangers.

So happy for you. I know you have been waiting patiently to make your reservations!!
Thanks! I don't think I was very patient (okay, DH doesn't think I was patient!) :rotfl2:

And NOW that I have made the reservation, he is suddenly interested in looking at resorts, even though I have been trying to talk to him for MONTHS about this! So far he seems to be happy with "my" choice of POFQ. :thumbsup2

HarleenQ, Sorry if I offended. i wasn't asking a stranger to book anything for me. I was asking if those types of rooms are usually seen as part of the discounted rooms, I gave additional info to give background. If the people on these boards knew, as they often do, then I wouldn't bother him if those rooms are excluded. I have always found these boards to be extremely helpful and an environment of sharing. I answer whenever I can and enjoy talking with people who share my love of Disney. You are right, next time I will reach out to my family member rather than bugging total strangers.

No offense taken :) We just don't check availability, which what I thought you were asking.

CL rooms are not excluded from regular FF rates, it's hit or miss with the additional discount that sometimes opens up.

Am I correct in assuming that the cast member providing the deal has to be the one to book it? In other words they cant just give you a code to use, you basically need them to make the reservation? Thanks in advance for any info.

Am I correct in assuming that the cast member providing the deal has to be the one to book it? In other words they cant just give you a code to use, you basically need them to make the reservation? Thanks in advance for any info.
Yes, the cast member has to book it for you. They will need to fax their ID, front and back to the resort at least 10 days before you arrival, if they are not staying with you. Once you have the confirmation number you can call and modify and make payments on the reservations.

Hello everyone! I was wondering if you might help me. So my husbands friend had told my husband he will see if he can get us a FF discount for our upcoming trip the last week of November. He said there was nothing available right now for our week. I'm wondering if they're just not out yet for late November? Is there a possibility FF discounts can open for our week or it's based on availability? Thank you!!!

Hello everyone! I was wondering if you might help me. So my husbands friend had told my husband he will see if he can get us a FF discount for our upcoming trip the last week of November. He said there was nothing available right now for our week. I'm wondering if they're just not out yet for late November? Is there a possibility FF discounts can open for our week or it's based on availability? Thank you!!!

I tried for that same week and/or the week after, as we are doing a split stay, and we had the same issue. My cousins offered to look and when we pulled it up there was nothing. I have two cousins that work for Disney and one thought it was just too early, seemed weird, but we also saw nothing :( Good luck!

Those dates are probably all booked. There are very limited rooms available at friends and family rates. He may have some luck once the Holiday rates come out for cast members, but I wouldn't count on it. Those rates won't be available until the beginning of October. He will just have to keep checking for you.

Those dates are probably all booked. There are very limited rooms available at friends and family rates. He may have some luck once the Holiday rates come out for cast members, but I wouldn't count on it. Those rates won't be available until the beginning of October. He will just have to keep checking for you.

Nikki & Kerry - thank you both for your replies!!! It was so nice of him to offer in the first place, so if he chooses to look again, that's great. If not, we will not ask. I'm so surprised about how booked that week is... I'm assuming because if free dining?! I'll be happy with any discount! I'll keep fingers crossed for us Nikki!

Quick question, my friends husband is booking our room for March tomorrow and I have a question about payments. Can you pay the deposit with Disney Vacation Account or a Disney gift card? Or does it have to be a credit card in his name?

When my DS made our reservation I just gave him my credit card information, so I could pay the deposit directly.

Need advice...my DS is a CM. We are going to visit him and he WILL be staying with us at a resort. He made a reservation using his CM discount. With my calculations he must have gotten a more expensive room than what we talked about. He is a guy that doesn't think to ask all the details that I ask, example if there is room available at a different rate or for other dates that affects the overall price, etc. Since my name is on the reservation also, can I call and ask my questions? I don't want to get him in trouble! Plus he has to call when he's off work and time is getting by with each day... we are going down in about a month. Thanks!

Need advice...my DS is a CM. We are going to visit him and he WILL be staying with us at a resort. He made a reservation using his CM discount. With my calculations he must have gotten a more expensive room than what we talked about. He is a guy that doesn't think to ask all the details that I ask, example if there is room available at a different rate or for other dates that affects the overall price, etc. Since my name is on the reservation also, can I call and ask my questions? I don't want to get him in trouble! Plus he has to call when he's off work and time is getting by with each day... we are going down in about a month. Thanks!
Yes , you can call. As long as you have the confirmation number and the reservation is in your name. Good luck!

Yes , you can call. As long as you have the confirmation number and the reservation is in your name. Good luck!
Thanks! I think I'll clarify this, because I don't want to do anything to put DS job in jeopardy! I know the confirmation number, but the reservation is in my DS name as he is getting the CM discount not the F&F discount. I guess I should say, we are staying "with him," instead of, he is staying with us. He's paying for it and it's his reservation. That's why I wanted to know if I can call and ask questions about the cost, other possible dates, rates, etc. My name (and his dad) is on the reservation as a guest, but under DS name in the same room. Does that shed a different light on what I can and cannot do?:-) Thanks!

Thanks! I think I'll clarify this, because I don't want to do anything to put DS job in jeopardy! I know the confirmation number, but the reservation is in my DS name as he is getting the CM discount not the F&F discount. I guess I should say, we are staying "with him," instead of, he is staying with us. He's paying for it and it's his reservation. That's why I wanted to know if I can call and ask questions about the cost, other possible dates, rates, etc. My name (and his dad) is on the reservation as a guest, but under DS name in the same room. Does that shed a different light on what I can and cannot do?:-) Thanks!
I would call since your name is on the reservation too. Just explain the reason to the cast member why you are calling. All they can say is he needs to call

I would call since your name is on the reservation too. Just explain the reason to the cast member why you are calling. All they can say is he needs to call

I agree. We've stayed in the room with a CM before, and I've had no problem calling and making changes since my name was also on the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts