Friends and Family Discount

This has been a very helpful board! I just have three quick questions:

3. Historically, is Jersey Week blacked out?

We just got our F&F Discount trip booked for Jersey Week (2016), so it wasn't excluded from the discount (it's also a weekend when Veteran's Day is on a Monday), however my cousin said there was VERY little availability. We ended up booking All Star Music and I'll call back in a few months to see if I can at least move us into a Mod.

Hi! I have two questions (one I asked before but nobody seemed to know, I'll ask again anyway!)

1) Do CM's get a dining discount at a buffet such as Boma? If so, how much and does it apply to everyone on the same bill?
2) Do CM's get a discount on party tickets like MVMCP? If so, how much and how early can you buy? Thanks!

Hi! I have two questions (one I asked before but nobody seemed to know, I'll ask again anyway!)

1) Do CM's get a dining discount at a buffet such as Boma? If so, how much and does it apply to everyone on the same bill?
2) Do CM's get a discount on party tickets like MVMCP? If so, how much and how early can you buy? Thanks!

1. I don't *think* they discounts at individual restaurants but could be wrong. If they do, I don't think Boma is something special that would be excluded.

2. Yes, but not sure of the exact amount. The dates for CM discounts are limited and usually only for the first half of parties.

Last year we went to MNSSHP at the end of September and it was the last CM discounted party.

I've seen posts that Free Dining has a good chance of coming out soon. So my question is...During Free Dining, do cast members get any additional discount on the dining plans (with resort stay) that would be more than the usual discount they get for the dining plan? Should I tell my son to look for something additional? He arrives in June. We are looking at going in Sept.

I've seen posts that Free Dining has a good chance of coming out soon. So my question is...During Free Dining, do cast members get any additional discount on the dining plans (with resort stay) that would be more than the usual discount they get for the dining plan? Should I tell my son to look for something additional? He arrives in June. We are looking at going in Sept.

No. They're separate discounts and discounts can not be combined. FD doesn't doesn't affect what the CMs get.

For those that have had friends and family discounts, do the employees always have to send over (fax? email?) their employee ID prior to your check-in date?

And are the employees contacted by Disney to remind them? Or are they just supposed to remember to do it themselves?

Thanks!

For those that have had friends and family discounts, do the employees always have to send over (fax? email?) their employee ID prior to your check-in date?

And are the employees contacted by Disney to remind them? Or are they just supposed to remember to do it themselves?

Thanks!

Yes, it's a must.

They aren't reminded by Disney. It's up to them to remember.

Thanks!

For my last F&F stay last week...the Disney employee who booked it for us said that instead of faxing over a copy of their ID, they were able to call and provide their Disney personnel number (PERNR) which was noted on the reservation. They made that call a month prior to the stay.

I'm so mad at myself! We were booked at an All Star with the 40% F&F discount. In a moment of weakness I switched to CSR- Business Class. When I realized we were in a King room, and knowing standard was cheaper, I called back & explained to a different agent that I wanted a standard BC room - not King. All was well, until I logged into MDE and noticed she put me in a straight up standard room. Frustrated I called back, asked for Standard Business Class, and was told there are no Business Class rooms at all for my dates -King or Standard (under the discount). I said fine, put me back in a value then -- and the agent said all that's available are moderate hotels, no values. Uugggghhh, I'm so mad at myself. I was ONLY willing to stay at CSR becsuse BC is a good deal for us, but now I can't even get it.

I should keep calling back, right? I mean, I have until November, but I'd like to know I have a room that I actually want.

EDITED TO ADD: Finally got back to a value. It's AS-Sports, and a preferred room, but still only $20 more than the standard room we originally had booked @ Music. Whew. Glad that worked out :)

(((says to self: I will not switch resorts again, I will NOT switch resorts again...)))

Last edited:
I doubt it, since room rates haven't come out yet for 2017.
Do you know if they are out now?
I made a res last week and they made a mistake and had it down for 2016.
When I called back to fix it they told me the rate was now $500 more since it was in 2017.
Tia

Side note, I believe a couple of yrs ago when I made a res that I was given and able to keep the rate even though it changed after the fact with the new yr

Do you know if they are out now?
I made a res last week and they made a mistake and had it down for 2016.
When I called back to fix it they told me the rate was now $500 more since it was in 2017.
Tia

Side note, I believe a couple of yrs ago when I made a res that I was given and able to keep the rate even though it changed after the fact with the new yr

Regular room/package rates aren't out for 2017 yet and the CM discount rates won't come out until well after.

I have the friends and family 40% off rate booked for our July trip. In 2014 I was able to call and change to 50% off closer to our stay(I think 3 weeks before our trip) Does anyone know if they still offer the deeper discount for friends and family, or if it is capped at 40%?

I have a son who is about to start the college program -- how often can he use a friends and family discount?

Regular room/package rates aren't out for 2017 yet and the CM discount rates won't come out until well after.
Thanks

So how come I was quoted over $500 more for my reservation in 2017 vs when they made a mistake and booked it for 2016?

I swear when I booked in 2014 for our 2015 trip the price didn't change

Thanks

So how come I was quoted over $500 more for my reservation in 2017 vs when they made a mistake and booked it for 2016?

I swear when I booked in 2014 for our 2015 trip the price didn't change

Until the rates come out they'll quote 2017 rates based on the highest seasonal rate from 2016. You could've booked 2015 in 2014, but if the package rates were out (you called in late June or something) then it'd be an accurate price.

We just found out that we can go to Orlando at the end of the month to see my Grandaughter, she is a CM and she is going to see if there are any discounts available the last week of June into July. She is going to look into this tomorrow. Is it too late? If not, what diccount could she possible get at this late date? Thanks, It had seen a while since we saw he can't wait

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter