• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Friends and Family Discount

CMs can book three reservations for the same resort and dates, as long as they are staying in one of the rooms. CMs can make unlimited reservations for themselves. Friends and family reservations have a limit of five a year.

No news on deeper seasonal discounts for Spring.
Thank you!!! I was worried, she wouldn't have the discount available to her if we used one them.

Thanks, jcarwash. Keep us posted. I have a 40% reservation in March and have been wondering about the 50% or discounted dining plan.

I got more info and the f&f discount for my April dates is still at 40%. The 50% discount the cast member is seeing is for the CM themselves, not f&f.

Nothing more than the 40% for my dates in March. I was able to switch from a preferred room to a standard room (which hadn't been available in the past.)

Can anyone tell me if there is a F&F discount on the dining plan for April? My contact just tried to get us a room but there isn't any left for our April dates. But I'm wondering if there's a dining plan discount we could use instead? Thank you!

There has been no discounted dining for friends or family sent last fall. They did not offer it for the big holiday discount and many believe this brings an end to friends and family dining plan discounts.

You can't have a dining plan without a resort stay. Room discounts are very limited for even the regular cm discounts.

Can anyone tell me if there is a F&F discount on the dining plan for April? My contact just tried to get us a room but there isn't any left for our April dates. But I'm wondering if there's a dining plan discount we could use instead? Thank you!

You can't get the dining discount without the room discount. They go hand in hand.

Good to know.
I actually just adjusted our dates by one day and now we have the F&F room. Any dining option that you know of?

I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask. I'm going with a friend to WDW in 2017. She has a friend that works at ESPN and can get us the 40% discount. How does payment work on that? Do they book and we pay at check in?

Pay a 1 night deposit within days after booking and pay the balance at check in.

Question..if I remember correctly from last year...I can get the CM Friends and family discount on my room, then add dining through Disney, and buy the tickets separately? Just because of the rumored price increase for Sunday, I wanted to know if I can buy my tickets now, then add the Disney Dining plan to my CM F and F reservation.

Question..if I remember correctly from last year...I can get the CM Friends and family discount on my room, then add dining through Disney, and buy the tickets separately? Just because of the rumored price increase for Sunday, I wanted to know if I can buy my tickets now, then add the Disney Dining plan to my CM F and F reservation.

Yes. It's a ticketless package.

In a past example, when I called to add F&F discounted dining to my existing F&F room reservation, I was told the CM/employee would have to call and make that change (add discounted dining).

But if you're adding full price dining to an existing F&F room reservation, is that something the guest can do themselves? Just wondering.

In a past example, when I called to add F&F discounted dining to my existing F&F room reservation, I was told the CM/employee would have to call and make that change (add discounted dining).

But if you're adding full price dining to an existing F&F room reservation, is that something the guest can do themselves? Just wondering.

It just varies. The rule is that the cm books the initial reservation and then the guest can make any modifications.

Since adding dining changes it to a package, some CMs will consider it a modification and some consider it a booking.

It's just luck of the draw, but from their end, it's safer to require the CM to do it rule wise.

Following. Have a wonderful cousin who usually can give us her FF discount but I hate to bother her with questions all the time! Great thread.

Can someone confirm for me if I have this right? If my cousin books a room for us now (at a resort we don't want at all but its the only one showing on the HUB currently), we can call in ourselves and change resorts and possibly dates?

Yes, I have been able to do that. The dates and rate have to be available at that resort. It also depends on the CM you get. Some are more helpful than others.

Does anyone know how far in advance F&F discounts are usually released? We're not going until March 2017 but would like to get an idea of when I should ask my friend to book our room without bothering them too much :). Thanks.

Does anyone know how far in advance F&F discounts are usually released? We're not going until March 2017 but would like to get an idea of when I should ask my friend to book our room without bothering them too much :). Thanks.

Pricing for 2017 on rooms gets released around June/July. CM discounts for next year will likely be after that. It's not really around a set time, so it's hard to say when. They can check online to see when they're available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter