"free souvenirs" and DDP meals

lexmas

DIS Veteran
I didn't know where to look this up, but someone must know!

I know that at some places you can get something with your meal. For example, I heard that at Hurricane Hanna's the kids meal comes with a pail and shovel. Are there other places you can get this sort of thing? Maybe using snack credits? DS would be more than happy with this sort of "souvenir" so I'm just wondering what's out there!

Thanks in advance! :goodvibes

Since you used quote marks for the word free, you obviously know that nothing is :rotfl: but I do know what you are getting at.

Last trip DD and I started collecting souvenir mugs from CS places in the parks. You pay for them and they come filled with a drink, but some like the ones at DHS were only $4.25 for a large mug filled with enough soda for the two of us to share. If you take the cost of a soda off that amount, the mug itself cost under $2. Trying to remember off the bat who had some. I know for sure we got a Toy Story one from Pizza Planet and Backlot Express and one of the other CS at DHS also has them on the menu.

Epcot has the build your own mug at Club Cool. Not free and it was around $8 for the mug but that is a whole experience so you have to keep it in perspective.

AK sells the souvenire sports bottles which you can fill for a discount in the park (about $1 for a refill). That was around $7 last year. Not sure of current prices.

Didn't find anything in MK but we only started doing this late into our trip so we ran out of time. We will continue when we go back. ;)

I'm pretty sure the "pail and shovel" kids meals are the only way to get a "freebie" like this with dining plan credits, meal or snack.

Edit: Self-correction -- there are the wands/swords and "wishing stars" at CRT, of course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter