*FREE or CHEAP things to do on-site during non-park days*

mcallisk

Earning My Ears
Hello fellow DISers! So I need some help. A friend and I are coming down for MNSSHP on 9/25/15. We are on a budget and could only afford the one park party ticket but will be there on the 26th as well. We'd love to visit another park of course but that's just not in the cards. I'm compiling a list of fun Free or Cheap things to do on-site without a park ticket. I have a pretty big list going so far but I would love more options. Can you help me budget board folks? :)

Really?! thats awesome! We were planning on heading over to Animal Kingdom Lodge anyway. cool. thanks!

Really?! thats awesome! We were planning on heading over to Animal Kingdom Lodge anyway. cool. thanks!
Since you're there already, you can view animals. Also ask for the weekly activities schedule- everything except the pools is open to all.

there is a free tour of Boardwalk Inn. I'm sure resort hopping is already on your list, if not, there you go. Most, if not all, the resorts have a nightly movie.

Tour resorts looking for all the hidden mickeys while taking in all the theming! I agree with AKL, view the animals :thumbsup2Boardwalk usually has entertainment going on, ride the Monorail, watch the Electric water parade at night from Contemporary pool area or Poly beach~ watch MK fireworks from CR 4th floor viewing balcony, ride friendship boat from the Dolphin to MGM, and then back again to Epcot resorts, walk the path back if you like, stopping at Boardwalk. Ride the boat from POR to DTD and enjoy a full day there! You will need more than 1 day to do all the free things available, lol. YOu can also check out the animals at FW if you do the campfire.

I like resort hoping on off days. My favorite is to ride boats around seven seas lagoon.

Yes be there at 3:15 and they will tell you about the restaurant and what some of the deco is and let you sample some of the foods.

Take the monorail around a full loop. Explore the resorts on the monorail. Then take a bus to Port Orleans, take the boat to Downtoen Disney

I enjoy walking between Wilderness Lodge and the campground, and I also enjoy walking around the campground itself. I think canoeing is relatively inexpensive. Do you enjoy fishing? It sounds like you're local so you could bring your own rods.

I'm sure you know you can enter the park at 4:00 on party days?

Oh, and the boat rides all around the property are lots of fun.... eating at different resorts...window shopping at all the shops ..... get a snack at some of the reosrt areas and sit and relax....walk on some of the beaches,or at the campground(see boats) window shop at DTD and just people watch...monorail rides....bowling...a movie.... eating some more.....hang out by your pool....an arcade

Good Tip! I printed off the activities schedule for a couple resorts. Tons going on!
Since you're there already, you can view animals. Also ask for the weekly activities schedule- everything except the pools is open to all.

Tour resorts looking for all the hidden mickeys while taking in all the theming! I agree with AKL, view the animals :thumbsup2Boardwalk usually has entertainment going on, ride the Monorail, watch the Electric water parade at night from Contemporary pool area or Poly beach~ watch MK fireworks from CR 4th floor viewing balcony, ride friendship boat from the Dolphin to MGM, and then back again to Epcot resorts, walk the path back if you like, stopping at Boardwalk. Ride the boat from POR to DTD and enjoy a full day there! You will need more than 1 day to do all the free things available, lol. YOu can also check out the animals at FW if you do the campfire.
We will definitely be going to the California Grill Lounge to relax and view the fireworks! Boat rides too. We've never been on any of the boats so we are really excited about that! This Free/Cheap day idea is really shaping up well! Thanks you you guys of course :)

We did a "transportation day." We took a bus to Epcot, then rode the monorail to the TTC. We did a loop on the parking lot tram which took us back to the TTC. We then took the ferry over to MK, and a boat to Wilderness Lodge. We then took a bus to DHS and did the boat loop to Epcot and back. Then we took the bus to POFQ (or maybe OKW... can't remember which) and a boat to DTD. From DTD we went back to our resort. As corny as it sounds, it was LOTS of fun- and restful (we were going to MNSSHP that evening).

We did a "transportation day." We took a bus to Epcot, then rode the monorail to the TTC. We did a loop on the parking lot tram which took us back to the TTC. We then took the ferry over to MK, and a boat to Wilderness Lodge. We then took a bus to DHS and did the boat loop to Epcot and back. Then we took the bus to POFQ (or maybe OKW... can't remember which) and a boat to DTD. From DTD we went back to our resort. As corny as it sounds, it was LOTS of fun- and restful (we were going to MNSSHP that evening).
Love the transportation day idea. We've never done the monorail so I think it'll be pretty fun. :)

Boardwalk is a favorite of mine in the evening especially you can shop eat a pizza at the dock walk or better yet take a boat ride across to yacht and beach resorts the yacht has free movie night on the beach

Hitting all the resorts on the monorail is a good time. Watch Wishes! from the beach at the Poly. Then jump on the monorail just in time to see the herd leaving the MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter