Free Dining Extension ~ Oct-Dec

Por has been sold out for hours, but not sure how she checked as the system has been down for quite sometime now. They can't get into any reservations of check anything.

It did go down but was back up and working about 12:15-20. We changed from POFQ to POR two rooms 11-1 to 11-8.

All morning I was checking and different ones showed avalibility at different times. This happens as many are booking multiple room and than releasing others. I just kept trying.

One Travel Agent reported a FIVE HOUR wait on the phone line.
:scared1::scared1::scared1:

Glad I'm going in Sept! LOL Also glad I didn't go with our original plan to go the week after Thanksgiving "They always offer free dining then." We'd have been out of luck!

My very kind TA sat on hold for 3 hours today, but in the end got me FD for BC Nov 15-23, and it saved me $691! Weeeeeeeeee!:goodvibes We were booked and going no matter what, but that extra savings made my day! :yay: I was also quite happy that I wasn't the one that had to sit on the phone for 3 hours.

Things still must be crazy as I tried to make an ADR a bit ago, and the system just churns and then does nothing. I will let that go for now and try again tomorrow I think!

I think they are having issues with MDE today. I just looked and our dining plan is just gone...but I'm pretty sure it wasn't canceled! I'm hoping things will get back to normal tomorrow.:confused3

I went online at 5:15 this morning and made my reservation there for Nov 18-23. There was nothing avail for POR so I got CSR. I like CSR alot but was hoping for POP. Maybe later on they will release another block of rooms...I guess it wouldn't hurt to call every other week or so to check. The worse they can say is no, and I still have my room and free dining so it's all good :)

I got the same answer. The best she could come up with is FD at BC, which is $350 more than we would be paying full price with DP at POR. Since it goes over our budget, I doubt I will be able to talk DH into it....

Earlier there was a family of 5 green view room at POR for oct 26-nov 1- don't know if that works for your dates, but thought I'd mention it!

It did go down but was back up and working about 12:15-20. We changed from POFQ to POR two rooms 11-1 to 11-8.

All morning I was checking and different ones showed avalibility at different times. This happens as many are booking multiple room and than releasing others. I just kept trying.

Yeah I called on my lunch break- she said the system had been down for hours but had just came back up in the last 15 minutes before I called :)

Have been trying to call to change my ressie for the past hour and a half and all circuits are still busy! Thought it might be less if a hold time tonight, lol!

Have been trying to call to change my ressie for the past hour and a half and all circuits are still busy! Thought it might be less if a hold time tonight, lol!

Try calling the dining reservation number and have them transfer you to room reservations ;)

I called the main disney number, finally got through to the automated lady and have been on hold with the "lovely" disney music for about 20 mins now...but at least i got past the angry man telling me all circuits are busy right? lol

Try calling the dining reservation number and have them transfer you to room reservations ;)

Thank you so much for that suggestion!! I asked about ressies at BOG & then asked him to transfer me over to CRO, I was on hold for about 30 seconds & the phone was answered. I changed from POFQ to CBR w/ FD! :)

Thank you so much for that suggestion!! I asked about ressies at BOG & then asked him to transfer me over to CRO, I was on hold for about 30 seconds & the phone was answered. I changed from POFQ to CBR w/ FD! :)

Awesome!! Glad it worked out!!

Hang up and try calling the dining or BBB number- I got right through multiple times today!

My fiancee has tried several different # on his phone...he keeps getting the all circuits are busy...while I am stuck on the disney music...and i've been on here so long its started to repeat...which i didnt know was possible with all the disney songs they had!

I called to update my reservation to free dining at Caribbean Beach stadard room and I'm told it's not available 10/26-11/3. It is still showing online and she says her system is different and that I should re-book online then call to have the money I have put down transferred to the new reservation. I'm on hold to try to get a different cast member now. She sounded very confused. Does this make sense?

I called to update my reservation to free dining at Caribbean Beach stadard room and I'm told it's not available 10/26-11/3. It is still showing online and she says her system is different and that I should re-book online then call to have the money I have put down transferred to the new reservation. I'm on hold to try to get a different cast member now. She sounded very confused. Does this make sense?

It's happened before. I usually see CMs with more inventory than online, but what she told you to do is entirely possible and people do it all the time. You can transfer money from a package to a package... If your current res is a room only it won't transfer.

I'd verify free dining is applied to what you're looking at online. Lots of people were saying the special offers page was not applying it.

Does anyone else see the problem with someone BOOKING a room at a certain smaller resort in advance, hoping for Free Dining, and then complaining when FD isn't offered for that resort?
Hello...if the rooms are ALL BOOKED, then don't need to fill them. They already sold you a room WITHOUT a sale. They don't need to catch you...they already have you.
BUT...it is possible as people leave that resort for other resorts that do have free dining, and others cancel altogether, sometimes rooms open up.
At the most popular resorts, not always. But sometimes.

If you want the room even without the discount, go ahead, book it in advance.
If you'd rather have the discount...WAIT. Be flexible with your choices.
The less people book that resort in advance, the more availability there will be.

Sales are meant to get rid of items that are plentiful. Things that sell well don't need to be discounted.

Finally got through to switch my reservation last night at 11pm, after 1hr 40min wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter