Fourteen Days of Food Booths - Epcot Food & Wine Festival 2014

Thanks for the wonderful reviews. We will be at Epcot on Monday for dinner!

Jen, again, really enjoying the reviews and I'm really digging Kermit freaking out in your signature.

Great reviews - Thank you so much for doing them! Can't wait to sample on my own in 2 weeks!!! :thumbsup2

Hi Jen,

I love reading your reviews & seeing all your photos! Thanks for starting this thread! :goodvibes

I think the reason they use so much fake meat is due to some sort of deal with Gardein. I'm glad they use something like that since over a two week vacation, if I were just eating vegetables for most meals, I wouldn't be getting enough protein.

I swear I can taste your reviews reading them! I have to live vivaciously through you no FW this year after 5 years in a row. Will return next Sept!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I think the reason they use so much fake meat is due to some sort of deal with Gardein. I'm glad they use something like that since over a two week vacation, if I were just eating vegetables for most meals, I wouldn't be getting enough protein.

I have to respectfully disagree. I have two children who are vegetarians and they never eat any fake meat products. There are lots of other sources for protein.

1d9882150da7231537f7d3c745533227.jpg

This dish was more about lobster flavor than actual lobster meat. The lobster was infused into the creamy, cheesy Alfredo sauce, which was delicious, but there were only 2-3 small bites of lobster in my portion. The dish used macaroni for the pasta, and it was topped with breadcrumbs for texture. For me, this was more of a pasta dish than a lobster dish.

We had this on Friday and after reading your review, I advised my husband not to except big chunks of lobster. Either you were unlucky or we were just incredibly lucky, but our dish had 4 very large chunks of lobster.

I have to respectfully disagree. I have two children who are vegetarians and they never eat any fake meat products. There are lots of other sources for protein.
In the real world I would agree, since usually all I will eat then is a fake burger once in awhile when I get a craving for one. But in Disney, choices are more limited.

We had this on Friday and after reading your review, I advised my husband not to except big chunks of lobster. Either you were unlucky or we were just incredibly lucky, but our dish had 4 very large chunks of lobster.

Glad to hear it! Always better to have lowered expectations that are exceeded :)

And sorry for the delay in posting. The family arrived, and I became a bit busy. But I'll have more coming soon!

Wonderful, thorough reviews, thank you!

I had subscribed to this thread for our Sept 2014 trip, and your photos & descriptions really helped us narrow down our must-try dishes.

We will be returning this Sept, 2015. If you do one of these again for F&W 2015, could you please update this thread with a link to it? TIA!!

Thanks so much for sharing!! It was fun to read your posts. We are going to the Food and Wind Festival in October 2015! Your posts made me wish it was time to go now!!!

Thank you for sharing this! I am visiting during the Food and Wine Festival this year, so I hope that some of these dishes are repeated. Opting for booth samples instead of lunch! :)

You defintely are its a great way to try things that you never wouldn't usually. They do keep some of the same items but seem to add some each year.

you make me hungry! and yearning to go back this year for the food and wine fest!

The pork belly from Brazil was absolutely amazing! The group I went with all ordered seconds they loved it so much! Highly disappointed in the filet from the Le Cellier/Canada booth. In 2012 it was great, missed 2013 and 2014 was a huge let down. Brazil, Puerto Rico and Italy were my faves

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter