Fort Wilderness Horses

need2travel

DIS Veteran
Is it worth going over to Fort Wilderness to check out the horses if we aren't planning on going horseback riding? Are you able to see them in the late afternoon or are there set hours? We are having dinner (casual) at Wilderness Lodge so we could walk or take the boat over before dinner.

TIA!!

I think the stables are amazing and the horses are just beautiful. There is also an old calliope in the stable which is quite stunning. Definitely worth a look, IMHO!

Thanks guys! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't dragging DH over there for nothing. I can't wait to see them, thanks for the stable hours too!

there are two stables - one for the MK horses - this is near the restaurant and boat dock. the other is the riding horses (for you to ride) - this is closer to the front of the resort - where you check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter