Forgive my crazy but did they just announce parks closed until at least July 1?

ILoveMyDVC

DIS Veteran
So they are going to potentially open duringon of the busiest months of the year as their trial opening? Ineresting...
Or will this be another false hope for everyone holdi reservations...

Also, I saw no metion of opening to resort guests only so it will be a free for all - jam packed to the gills trial month.

I think it's another false hope balloon to keep people hoping.

No official announcement has been made. Speculation by news. Don’t believe any rumored news floating around until Disney officially announces.

They have not made an announcement about anything. The theme parks remain closed until further notice, as has been Disney’s statement for awhile now. Yesterday they stopped making new resort reservation and ticket sales for 6/1+ and moved it to 7/1+, that is the only recent update. There is no definitive news as to when the theme parks may reopen.

I would encourage everyone to read and absorb the information on Disney’s operations update page and update expectations accordingly.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/travel-information/

Agree with above post. The parks will be drastically inferior to what we're used to when they reopen and it's not advisable to go until they go back to their usual former selves, whenever that is

So they are going to potentially open duringon of the busiest months of the year as their trial opening? Ineresting...

Also, I saw no metion of opening to resort guests only so it will be a free for all - jam packed to the gills trial month.

It will not be jam packed.

That may be the case according to my CM son. He works at DS; apparently they ARE opening May 20 [3rd party establishments only] - Disney will closely monitor for any spread of Covid-19 or surges in cases. He, along with thousands of other CMs, will be receiving specific training regarding coronavirus protocol. It is only then that they will decide to open only one or two parks at most [of course, at 50% capacity], along with resorts. I'm only speculating here, but my guess is first preference towards DVC members who already have existing reservations, since they aren't accepting reservations BEFORE JULY 1.

That may be the case according to my CM son. He works at DS; apparently they ARE opening May 20 [3rd party establishments only] - Disney will closely monitor for any spread of Covid-19 or surges in cases. He, along with thousands of other CMs, will be receiving specific training regarding coronavirus protocol. It is only then that they will decide to open only one or two parks at most [of course, at 50% capacity], along with resorts. I'm only speculating here, but my guess is first preference towards DVC members who already have existing reservations, since they aren't accepting reservations BEFORE JULY 1.

We have DVC reservation in late July. We are bringing a family with 3 children as guests - they are not wanting to go if half the parks are closed, there are no character dinners and half the entertainment isn't there. I am not aruging for or against just for the information in a reasonable time for people to make an informed decision.

I wondered if they would be resorts only inititally but, again, Disney has chosen to be silent as if that is a national secret. Might be nice for those people planning an offsite trip to know it's not in the cards for quite some time based on simple logisitics and math.

We have DVC reservation in late July. We are bringing a family with 3 children as guests - they are not wanting to go if half the parks are closed, there are no character dinners and half the entertainment isn't there. I am not aruging for or against just for the information in a reasonable time for people to make an informed decision.
I wondered if they would be resorts only initially but, again, Disney has chosen to be silent as if that is a national secret. Might be nice for those people planning an offsite trip to know it's not in the cards for quite some time based on simple logisitics and math.
....I hear ya....my CM son's older brother is DVC; he and his GF have already moved their date from May 7 to June 10, but who knows if he has to move it up again... :confused3 However, he isn't too concerned about visiting parks, since our whole family just visited during Christmas week 2019.

So they are going to potentially open during one of the busiest months of the year as their trial opening? Ineresting...

July is no longer one of the busiest months of the year at Disney World. Mid to late fall and holiday season are much, much busier than most of July. The first week of July is busy due to Independence Day, but I've seen much worse crowds at other times of year, and mid-to-late July now has fairly light crowds. Might be heavier (or not) crowds this year due to pent up demand, but the trend of the past five years has been lower crowds in summer.

Florida's governor extended Florida's state of emergency to July 7th, so Disney might wait until then to reopen, thereby skipping a busy week and opening into the mid-July doldrums.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter