for those that traveled Jan 1st /2nd this year

a*lil*bit*goofy

I miss the tag fairy
Hey there

For the discounts that came out for the 1st week of Jan this year, how easy or hard were they to get?

We want to arrive either Dec 31 or Jan 1st. probably Jan 1st, 2018 until Jan 9th. Just wondering what the chances are of actually getting a deal assuming they are available from the 1st as they were for this year....whether it be resort discount or stay play and dine.

Meaning...we may arrive on the start day of the deal but what are the chances that we can get one re availability if we arrive on New Year's day

we are looking at a mod. don't care which one. whichever I can get a discount to help the price. lol

I don't think the deals from Disney were offered til the 2nd this year. We originally booked Dec. 29-Jan. 5th but we were paying full price from the 29th to the 2nd. That was for room only.

Thank you. DId you have any issue booking with the discount from the 2nd? what did you do for park passes for the 29-the 2nd?

Thank you. DId you have any issue booking with the discount from the 2nd? what did you do for park passes for the 29-the 2nd?

We actually dropped our booking through Disney and went through a travel agent with a much better deal. I have an AP, so no need for tickets. We booked one reservation from the 29th - 5th. We could have opted to book two separate reservations, because the savings would have been a bit more from the 2nd-5th, but it was so minimal, we didn't bother.

I would not count on any discounts that week. I am going the same time for the marathon - it is the 25th anniversary and 5th anniversary for Dopey. It falls a lot earlier this year and runners will start showing up Jan 2nd and 3rd. Plus most schools are all still out that week due to how Christmas falls and you will see a lot of families.

The deals did start the 1st. That was our arrival day and we got the PSD deal through the 10th.

We actually dropped our booking through Disney and went through a travel agent with a much better deal. I have an AP, so no need for tickets. We booked one reservation from the 29th - 5th. We could have opted to book two separate reservations, because the savings would have been a bit more from the 2nd-5th, but it was so minimal, we didn't bother.
We did the same. I had booked ours back in July through the travel agent (most likely the same one) and didn't find anything cheaper through Disney when their discounts came out.

I just mentioned this on another thread, but I was able to book with a travel agent for January 3-8 of 2018 already and with a nice discount! I would look at travel agents that normally handle blocks of rooms for race events. In 2018, marathon weekend is 1/3-1/7. I think the discounts offered to the public for that week will be sparse because of how most schools holiday break falls next year and the fact the marathon falls that same weekend. We are taking advantage of the fact our kids will be out of school and they are coming with us for the races.

If you are visiting at this time of year, you won't notice the parks are more crowded. Most runners are waking up really early to run and then rest because many of them are running multiple races (like my crazy husband). It may take you longer to get to the parks via bus transportation in the morning, especially on Sunday if you are going to MK. I know that we got daily messages on our phone at the Epcot resort area about possible noise from the corrals starting (5:00-6:30). The resorts will be very crowded.

I just mentioned this on another thread, but I was able to book with a travel agent for January 3-8 of 2018 already and with a nice discount! I would look at travel agents that normally handle blocks of rooms for race events. In 2018, marathon weekend is 1/3-1/7. I think the discounts offered to the public for that week will be sparse because of how most schools holiday break falls next year and the fact the marathon falls that same weekend. We are taking advantage of the fact our kids will be out of school and they are coming with us for the races.

If you are visiting at this time of year, you won't notice the parks are more crowded. Most runners are waking up really early to run and then rest because many of them are running multiple races (like my crazy husband). It may take you longer to get to the parks via bus transportation in the morning, especially on Sunday if you are going to MK. I know that we got daily messages on our phone at the Epcot resort area about possible noise from the corrals starting (5:00-6:30). The resorts will be very crowded.
I disagree about the crowds in the parks. The parks were a 9-10 crowd rating every day through the marathon this year and last, and it will be so again next year because so many stay after New Years. Starting on marathon Sunday the crowds drop. Tuesday the parks will be empty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter