for those going to WDW of the 4th of July

tomerin

DIS Veteran
since this july 4th will be our first trip to wdw on the 4th i would like to know what did you do on the 4th. my wife on DS#1 will be arriving around noon time, i will be already there with DS#2.

just looking for advice from veterans of the 4th of july as to ideas. i know MK will possibly be closed so my first inclination is to make a PS for citricos and just enjoy the fireworks from the beach. our next choice is to go to epcot

all ideas are always appreciated :disrocks: :disrocks:

Hi,
We went to MGM on 7/4/04 because they had the
Socerey In the Sky fireworks. They use to have these
all the time at MGM but quit a few years ago and would
only have them on July 4th and New Years. If we were to be
at WDW again on July 4th I would most likely go to MK or
somewhere like the beach at the Poly and watch the
fireworks. It was a crowded day. You had better make
ressies for lunch or dinner, early. Good Luck

I think those are both great options. We made the mistake of going to the MK last year and it was just dangerously crowded!

ALostBoy said:
Hi,
We went to MGM on 7/4/04 because they had the
Socerey In the Sky fireworks.

My Wife & I watched these last year - then hauled @$$ over to EPCOT and caught Illuminations. It had a spectacular ending, a tribute to our troops. Great time if you can do both!

I'll be there too for the first time on the 4th of July, What is the least crowded park and is there anyplace that you can see all the fireworks from?

Just to add another question to this 4th of July thread (rather than start a new one): does anyone know how crowded the water parks are that morning? We're planning to avoid the theme parks but will be staying at the Poly so will watch the MK fireworks from the beach...will that be crowded as well? TIA

This doesn't answer your question, but I just wanted to say that when we went to Animal Kingdom on the 4th of July, CMs were handing our American flag pins at the entrance. I thought that was a nice touch.

Hi,
Bacs22- We wanted to do that but we were just
too tired. Our younger daughters were ready to
leave.

FLORIDAFUNFAMILY- I don't think there is a
"least" crowded park on the 4th. I think epcot
is the biggest park so it can handle the crowds
better.

DisneyLisa- Not real sure about the water parks
but I would suspect they would be as crowded
as the parks. I think the beach at the poly will
be crowded but not like the parks.

Just to mention, even with the crowds we still
had a great time.

GoodLuck

we did both - EPcot fireworks - then got on the monrail - saw the MK fireworks from the beach at the Polyn - then about a half hour later - went to the MK.

It was great - everyone else was leaving....

this only works when the MK is open after the fireworks.

Count us in. We've always gone second or third week of July or August so this will be our first 4th of July. I've asked a million times which fireworks presentation is the best and I've gotten a million different answers. We're going to just hang at our hotel that night (GF - Lagoon view) and hope we'll be able to see the fireworks from our balcony. AM we thought we'd go over to Epcot, go back and swim, and hopefully be able to get into MK for a PS at Liberty Tree Tavern. IF not, I'm going to make a back-up PS just in case. We really want to take it easy on the 4th and not fight the crowds (except trying to get to dinner!). I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. :banana:

sorcery in the sky. I have heard one say good one say bad. Any opinions about it? thanks

we will be there too, have to watch this thread to figure out our itinery

We'll be there again this year for the 4th. Last year we were at Epcot, MK was shoulder to shoulder. We watched Illuminations and then they had additional fireworks for the 4th. It was great. This year we're staying at Contemporary so I'm going to get a PS at Cal Grill and kick back and enjoy the fireworks. I know it's not as much fun as watching at the park, but much less squished.

:jumping1:

Count us in as July 4th veterans. We took a different route and didn't go to a park at all that day. We hung out at our hotel (the Dolphin) and enjoyed the pool both day and evening. We were able to watch Sorcery in the Sky right from the pool area.

After they ended we strolled the Boardwalk and found a spot on a bridge between the Dolphin and the YC and watched the high fireworks from Illuminations followed by an extra fireworks show right from Epcot. It was a great spot and in the distance Mother Nature was displaying some fireworks of her own - we could also see lightening!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter