For the First Time in Forever...I went to WDW Solo. A January 2014 TR

Another great job! So glad your first solo trip went so well. There is no place like Disney and it's nice to be able to visit it through someone else's eyes. I also noticed that you love dogs like I do! I have three rescue dogs (two dachshunds and a yorkie). My sister runs a therapy dog group out west and when you met the therapy dog in the airport it reminded me of her. They do wonderful work with children in foster care. Thanks for the report! A+!!:cheer2::thumbsup2
Thank you again DisneygirlTeacher! :) I am really glad that my first solo trip went well too and I cannot agree more,there is no place like Disney :woohoo:. I am glad that I was able to have you see Disney World through my eyes :) . It is awesome that you have three rescue dogs and I have no doubt they love you a lot! It is also amazing that your sister runs a therapy dog group out west as it really shows that dogs are a man's best friend! I am glad my meeting Adele reminded you of your sister and her amazing work with therapy dogs. You're very welcome and it is my pleasure to give you this trip report :woohoo:.

Thank you for a great report! I enjoyed your pictures and information about meals. I am trying to go gluten free (celiac runs in my family).

I am also traveling solo to WDW next week for the first time, so it was great to see if from that perspective.

Thanks again:thumbsup2

Thank you for a great report! I enjoyed your pictures and information about meals. I am trying to go gluten free (celiac runs in my family). I am also traveling solo to WDW next week for the first time, so it was great to see if from that perspective. Thanks again:thumbsup2

Hi Lori77! :D You're welcome! It's my pleasure to be writing this trip report. I am glad you enjoyed my pictures and information about meals as after all, eating adds to the experience :D . Disney will do an excellent job accommodating you and there is a lot you can eat! I hope you have a wonderful trip next week and I thank you for your kind words! :D

Well, my trip is long over, but no one said that I can't reminisce about it. I have been doing day-by-day updates, but since I want to really tie my trip report in a knot and a bow, I decided to do a day-by-day look in a nutshell.

-Day 1 (Sunday, January 12th, 2014):
Today was the day I would go to Walt Disney World for the fifth time ever and the first time solo. After waking up early at 3:15AM, I had a pleasant flight on Delta to Orlando from JFK and I arrived at 10:30AM. After shopping at Publix for the bare necessities, I arrived at the Hilton Orlando-Lake Buena Vista at 12:30PM. Despite a long wait for my room due to the last day of the Disney Marathon, I took advantage of the 70 degree weather and went swimming until about 3:30PM. I then went to my room, where I got ready for dinner and relaxed. At 8:00PM, I arrived at Chef Mickey's, where I had a festive time dining with Mickey and Friends! :woohoo:

-Day 2 (Monday, January 13th, 2014):
This day marked my first full day and I went to the Magic Kingdom. As always, it was magical and the new Fantasyland was very impressive! I saw many attractions, met many characters, had lunch at Be Our Guest all at a pace that was not too rushed. Since the temperature would reach 81 degrees, I took an afternoon break and went swimming again. I went back to the Magic Kingdom at 6:00PM to ride more attractions and view the Main Street Electrical Parade and Wishes. I capped off my night at The Grand Floridian, where I had dinner at Gasparilla Island Grill, the GF's quick service restaurant.

-Day 3 (Tuesday, January 14th, 2014):
I went to Epcot, where I spent the whole day from EMH at 8:00AM until closing at 9:00PM. I got to check out all of my favorite attractions, meet many characters, and I had a delicious dinner at Teppan Edo. Despite a little bit of rain in the early parts of the day, it was another wonderful day!

-Day 4 (Wednesday, January 15th, 2014):
I went to the Animal Kingdom for EMH at 8:00AM. I rode Kilimanjaro Safaris twice, checked out the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail, It's Tough to be a Bug, the Finding Nemo stage show, rode Expedition Everest twice, and had lunch at Flame Tree BBQ. Again, I met many characters. At 2:00PM, I left the AK to take a break until about 6:00PM, eating food from Flipper's for dinner and going to Downtown Disney for a while to shop and walk around.

-Day 5 (Thursday, January 16th, 2014):
I spent most of my day at Disney's Hollywood Studios, where I went on many attractions and met many characters once again. The day went by at a relaxing pace and I finished touring at about 4:00PM. Since I had wanted to visit the Yacht&Beach Club, as I had never been there, mom advised me to eat at the Cape May Cafe. It was an excellent dinner and while I missed Fantasmic due to bad timing, it was still an awesome night even with the coldest temperatures of my trip, which were in the upper 30s.

-Day 6 (Friday, January 17th, 2014):
I went back to the Magic Kingdom to finish touring and ride old favorites. In addition, I got to meet Cinderella and Aurora at the new Princess Fairytale Hall as well as Lady Tremaine and the Stepsisters, who were a hoot! After staying in the Magic Kingdom from opening until 3:00PM, I headed back to my hotel to get ready for dinner at Fulton's Crab House. My dinner at Fulton's was excellent and retail therapy in various shops as well as a Famous Hot Fudge Sundae at Ghiradelli added to a sweet end to my trip. I went to sleep that night at about 11:00PM to get ready to head home the next day.

-Day 7 (Saturday, January 18th, 2014):
Unfortunately, this was the day I headed back to the real world :scared1:. I woke up at 9:00AM, had breakfast at 10:00AM, and left for MCO at 12:05PM, 25 minutes ahead of my scheduled pickup time. After leaving MCO at about 4:00PM, I arrived at JFK at 6:03PM, finally getting home at about 7:05PM. Overall, it was a fantastic trip and I can't wait to return to Walt Disney World, hopefully sooner rather than later :) .

Overall, it was an amazing trip. While I had my doubts about going solo, it actually worked out well as I was able to see Walt Disney World on pretty much my own clock. However, I realized I would be happy going to Walt Disney World either with others or by myself, as it is always a magical time! In addition, the attractions were awesome, my character interactions were fantastic, and the food I ate was delicious. Plus, the parks were well maintained as always and all of the cast members I encountered went above and beyond. I don't know when I will be going back to Walt Disney World, but I know that I can't wait to return! :woohoo: Before I end the trip report, I would like to extend a thank you to everyone who is reading/has read my TR as it has been my pleasure writing for all of you! I hope everyone has a magical day! :mickeyjum

Last edited:

I really enjoyed your adventures in Disney World! I always think I'd enjoy a solo trip because nobody ever wants to cooperate with my plans!! :grouphug: Hehe!
We've never stayed anywhere off Disney property, so I really enjoyed reading how you made your way to and from the parks. Also, liked the input about Tiffany Town Car. I have always used the Magical Express, and recently considered using Garden grocer for our next trip--I wonder now if it might be less costly to just pay for a town car and get a free stop at Publix! Thanks for all the information :jumping1: and I really enjoyed your writing style--so descriptive! :groom:

I really enjoyed your adventures in Disney World! I always think I'd enjoy a solo trip because nobody ever wants to cooperate with my plans!! :grouphug: Hehe!
We've never stayed anywhere off Disney property, so I really enjoyed reading how you made your way to and from the parks. Also, liked the input about Tiffany Town Car. I have always used the Magical Express, and recently considered using Garden grocer for our next trip--I wonder now if it might be less costly to just pay for a town car and get a free stop at Publix! Thanks for all the information :jumping1: and I really enjoyed your writing style--so descriptive! :groom:

Hi missjackiemcg! :D Thank you very much for your kind words and I am glad my trip report took you to a whole new world! It's a shame no one wants to cooperate with your plans, but traveling solo is great in this regard as you are on your own clock. I am glad you enjoyed reading of my adventures of getting around, though it is quite easy as shuttle service from the DDRA hotels is fairly frequent. While in know many people consider these hotels off property, I comsider them on property as they are across from Downtown Disney, so they are technically still on property. I have never stayed in a Disney owned resort, but I haven't stayed off property either. I am glad you liked the input about Tiffany Towncar (now known as Transportation Orlando but same company) and I found them to be excellent! While they have gone up in price to $127 roundtrip, which is par for the course in Orlando, considering Garden Grocer's fees, Tiffany aka Transporation Orlando is worth it as it is easier than the Magical Express and the grocery stop at Publix, the best conventional supermarket in my book, saves you money on essentials. You're welcome missjackiemcg and thank you again! It is my pleasure to tell a good story! :D

Very VERY late, but such an enjoyable read! My solo trip is in three weeks and I'm getting very excited.

You are a very talented writer, I've never read a TR so detailed and I loved it!

Thank you for a good evening!

It's never too late alwaysadisneykid! :D I am gratified that you love my trip report and it was my pleasure to put all the detail into it, as that keeps the magic alive for me:smickey:. Thank you again alwaysadisneykid and I hope you have a magical time on your solo trip, which will be awesome without a doubt! :D

I'm late here too - I just read your whole trip report and have a huge smile on my face from enjoying it so much! Can I tell you, it's one of the best I've ever read :) I love all of your pictures - and the detail that you put into your descriptions - it made me feel like I was there! Thank you for sharing!

It's never too late alwaysadisneykid! :D I am gratified that you love my trip report and it was my pleasure to put all the detail into it, as that keeps the magic alive for me:smickey:. Thank you again alwaysadisneykid and I hope you have a magical time on your solo trip, which will be awesome without a doubt! :D

You're very welcome! Thank you, I'm very excited! I got lots of food ideas from your TR. :thumbsup2

I'm late here too - I just read your whole trip report and have a huge smile on my face from enjoying it so much! Can I tell you, it's one of the best I've ever read :) I love all of your pictures - and the detail that you put into your descriptions - it made me feel like I was there! Thank you for sharing!
It's all good cynditech! :D I am glad I was able to make you smile and to say that my trip report is one of the best you have ever read is an honor, so thank you very much! :D You're welcome it was my pleasure to share my trip with you cynditech! :D

So happy to have found this report! I LOVE your writing, its like I'm there.
Congratulations on the solo trip, even though its over a year old. Someday I will do one.

Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us! I greatly enjoyed taking a look at the pictures and reading about your adventure!

So happy to have found this report! I LOVE your writing, its like I'm there.
Congratulations on the solo trip, even though its over a year old. Someday I will do one.
Thank you GeminiAngel! :D I am very glad I could transport you with my writing and I look forward to another trip (not sure when) so I could write more! :D Thank you and I hope you do have the pleasure of doing a solo trip! :D

Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us! I greatly enjoyed taking a look at the pictures and reading about your adventure!
Hi DizFanJ2015! :D Thank you for joining my journey and glad you loved reading about my adventures and looking at my pictures! :D Hope to go again soon to give you another adventure to look forward to! :D

Thank you for an awesome trip report. My family is getting ready for our next trip in March and I cannot wait! While we have been to Disney many times, I still enjoy reading trip reports and seeing what other people are doing! I haven't ever written a report myself, but you have inspired me with your excellent writing, and while mine won't be as good, I may give it a try myself. I look forward to reading your 2016 report!

You're welcome pmurphy713! :D That is pretty close and I don't blame you for not being able to wait as it is the best time! :D I agree with you I like reading trip reports too, even though I have been to WDW six times as I enjoy seeing everyone's trips through a different perspective :D. You definitely should write a trip report and I bet it will be excellent too. Thank you again for your kind words and have a magical time on your March trip! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!