Food ordered through the app

Ratpack

WL VET
DVC Gold
Hi all, this will be our first trip that we can order food ahead on the app, so I was wondering how it works. If I order, is there a place to just go to the counter and pick it up? Is there a lag time between ordering and pick up time? Thanks for all info.

Yes, there's a spot at the counter for mobile order pick-ups. It will (should) be clearly marked. You can order any time and then when you get close to the restaurant, you have to use the app to tell them you're there. That's when they start preparing your food. So you don't need to worry about hurrying somewhere or what the lag time is because it's not made until you get there anyway. One note - often the mobile order pick-up window was MUCH busier than just going through the regular ordering widows. So you might want to scope out that situation first to see if mobile ordering is even worth it that day...

Every QS that we have used mobile ordering for has a large sign that says Mobile Ordering pickup.
You can order the food as early as you wish for the day. When you get to the restaurant, just click the "I'm here" button on the app and you will receive a text when the food is ready to pick up.
I have not seen the mobile ordering window busier than the regular ordering windows, but agree that I would look at the lines and see whih is faster.

Just following for any other info/opinions on this. This has been the first time mobile ordering was available when we're going (leave Saturday!) and I was hoping someone had posted recently about this. Seems like a great option with two little kids in tow!

I read that you have to use the regular line if you want to use your discount. It might have been an old article.
Is this still true? I have an AP. It seems like using MDE would show my AP and they could apply the discount from that.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter