Follow me to the Boardwalk! 10/23 - 11/7 UPDATED 4/13 BEACHES & CREAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I had known about those pumpkin pancakes, maybe we would have squeezed in a breakfast af Kona. I loved Halloween at Disney, but am looking forward to experiencing Christmas next time we go.

I hope you have a great Christmas time trip next year!

This is my favorite thing in WDW! I can just taste them through the computer.... *Droooooool*! Since my last trip I can no longer eat wheat, but I am hoping to be able to get an allergy-friendly version of theses wonders from heaven's kitchen in October.

Disney World restaurants seem to be very accommodating to those with allergies and dietary restrictions so I bet they will take good care of you at Kona Cafe.

Great review! It is because of your wonderful reviews, that I also love those pancakes. When we were there last they told me I can choose one, two, or three stacks. I am hoping to see if that is true on our next trip.

As for the Holidays I love both!

Thanks so much for this great info! I had no idea you could get a smaller order of pancakes.

Kona looks fabulous as always. Glad you finally got your pancakes, even if they were 6 months in the making ; )

I can't believe they turned from Halloween to Christmas so fast. I can't even get my Christmas decorations down in a single day

I hear ya! I just noticed a few days ago that I had forgotten to put away a Christmas decoration that was sitting on one of our bookshelves. Oops! :laughing:

After reading about the fabulous NY strip and red snapper, I HAD to get those when we went to Flying Fish. But I saw the scallop entree on the menu and it sounded soooooo delicious! I am so glad you enjoyed it. Sometimes I hate deviating from my favorite thing because you don't know if you'll like your new choice, but sounds like it was a winner. And I was eyeing up those crab cakes too.. they look equally as good. ;) I am excited to see what it is like post-refurb but having only been there once, I really enjoyed it and I hope it doesn't change too much. Can't wait to go back again.

Those pancakes are TO DIE FOR! Seriously! So filling, I couldn't finish either, but boy I wanted to.

I too am looking forward to seeing what changes to the menu (if any) are made at Flying Fish when it reopens. Hopefully the food will be just as good as it was or even better! :thumbsup2

Love your Kona review! One day I will get the pancakes, but I loved my Tonga Toast so much it would be hard to deviate :P

We were lucky enough to visit Disney in September when they had the Halloween decorations up, and then we went on a short trip before our Christmas family vacation. I loved both kinds of decorations, but the weather was so much better in December that I think it really made that season more magical for me. The giant Christmas tree, the castle lighting, and all the little touches were the perfect way to start our Christmas vacation. However, I think the Halloween Mickey lanterns on all the lamp posts were actually my favorite :) They are just so cute!

I agree, I too prefer the slightly cooler weather that I've experienced during my two early December trips. I also agree with you though about the Halloween Mickey lanterns. Very cool...especially at night when they are lit up! :thumbsup2

I've always wanted to try Kona for breakfast but never have. I've only experienced the Christmas decor. Some day I'll see Halloween.

You should definitely give Kona a try for breakfast sometime! ::yes::

Wow those Kona pancakes look amazing!! :cloud9:

Yep, and they taste as good as they look! :thumbsup2

I have never tried those pancakes, but have seem them in person while dining with friends (Brenda & Michael) and they look quite delicious. I agree that statue is way too small for that lobby.

I too have had the honor of their company at Kona for breakfast. The food tastes even better when you have great dining companions like Brenda and Michael. :goodvibes

Absolutely loving your review!

Thank you and thanks so much for reading!

My original plan following my breakfast at Kona Cafe was to spend the rest of the morning at Magic Kingdom and then take the monorails over to Epcot for lunch at the Food & Wine Festival booths. However, by the time I reached Epcot it had begun to cloud up and a look at the weather forecast on my phone showed there was a good chance of rain that afternoon. I guess I wasn't all that enthused about lunching at the booths again, because I used the threat of rain as an excuse to ditch my original plan. A quick check on the Disney Dining app to see what might be available in the Epcot/Epcot resort area for a last minute lunch ADR showed a surprise opening at...

So for the second time of this trip I headed to the Beach Club to dine at Beaches & Cream. Here is their menu, which is the same whether you have lunch or dinner there...

Last time I tried the Beaches Hot Dog, adding chili and cheese. I didn't really like the chili and cheese, so I regretted adding them. I therefore considered ordering a plain hot dog this time, but instead went with another Beaches & Cream classic...

Angus Beef Burger topped with Cheddar Cheese, Lettuce, and Tomato on a Fresh-baked Bun served with French Fries

And a look underneath the hood... ;)

This was a good burger. Not out of this world good, but a solid choice. And the french fries were again great. I had considered subbing them for onion rings, since I really like them here, but decided that I didn't want them bad enough to pay the extra charge. However, even though the fries are very good at Beaches & Cream, I still must say that their onion rings are even better. I mean, just look at my onion rings from my visit to Beaches & Cream in Oct. 2014... :thumbsup2

Anyway, I forced myself not to clean my plate because I wanted to follow the suggestion of this sign...

But when it came time to order it, I just couldn't do it. I decided that a 3 scoop ice cream sundae was more than I could handle by myself, so the Banana Split will just have to wait until another time. What I did order again though was my favorite 2 scoop ice cream sundae at Beaches & Cream, a smaller version of their No Way Jose...

This had one scoop of vanilla and one scoop of chocolate ice cream, topped with both peanut butter and hot fudge, a mound of whipped cream, mini chocolate and peanut butter chips, and a maraschino cherry. This is actually considered (and charged as) a regular two scoop sundae with an extra $.99 charge for the extra topping. The only substitution that is made to make it more No Way Jose-like is that it has the chocolate and peanut butter morsels instead of toasted almonds. I can't imagine that Beaches & Cream's Banana Split could be any better than their delicious No Way Jose sundae, but maybe someday I'll be able to compare these two. And then there is their Milky Way sundae...so many awesome ice cream treats to try here, if I can ever actually say "No Way" to Jose. ;)

Next up: Dinner at Cape May Cafe

Yum yum yum! I have been guilty of adding a little peanut butter to my own ice cream at home in an effort to recreate the No Way Jose, but it's just not the same.

Can't wait to hear about Cape May - we've got an arrival night reservation there, and I'm hoping it was a good experience for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter