Flies - Flies - Flies The newest cast members

Is WDW the new Lord of the Flies?

• Total voters

Kevin Campion

Earning My Ears
Just got back yesterday from a quick 3 day stay at the DYCR. I was stunned by the significant number of flies at all locations. We have visited WDW each year over the last 11 years; many years we have been blessed to visit multiple times. Never have seen it like this!!!

We had popcorn and drinks at Backlot Express in HS and were swatting away.

We got a Dole Whip at the Poly - and were really grossed out by the flies buzzing and landing on the few tables there. Went inside for cover, but to no avail. Even there as we ate at Kona we had "flying visitors".

We ate at the Seasons in EPCOT, and spent our time swatting flies. Really gross. A cast member apologized but had no reasons for it.

In our 11 years it has never been like this, and in the heat of August makes it more difficult to endure. (we tend to travel in late July / early August)

Has anyone else noticed? Is there a reason for it? Can it be fixed?

Oh my gosh! That is horrible. I have never heard about a lot of flies. We have the crazy love bug season, but never heard about flies. I am so sorry to hear that happened on your vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter