"Flat Stanley" Project Help!!

bunny213

DIS Veteran
This Grandmother just got a visit from "Flat Stanley"....and I need to send him back along with an adventure that he had with me here in Texas!! I am pulling a blank as just what adventure he could have. Supposedly he got hit with a bulletin board and is fine...except he's flat as a pancake! I'm thrilled that my Grandson sent him to us....but I need help with an idea. The little note says he can fit in all sorts of places that regular people can't - okay...I can understand that....can you think of something he could do? I want my DGS to be happy with me....and my imagination right now is as "flat" as Stanley! :rotfl: thanks for any ideas you can pass on! Barb

My son helped out a friend on a flat stanley project and it was so much fun. Stanley went lobster fishing, to a valentine's party and attended Tae-kwon do classes.

Oh my! This is a total hoot!! Flat Stanley visits the White House: http://www.flatstanleyproject.net/whitehouse/whitehouse.htm

12-p25641-01-398h.jpg

04-condi2-398h.jpg

Okay, just to show you what a total Disney FREAK I am..... I thought Flat Stanley was the Stanley from Playhouse Disney but just flattened. :rotfl:

My DD did this quite a while ago but it was with a Teddy Bear. Her cousin took it to Germany with her!
Well, I don't know how far you are from Dallas, but what about a photo outside the Dallas Cowboy Stadium? Or how about with a dead armadillo...yes, I lived in Houston for a while...I remember all the dead armadillos with beer cans on their snouts.
What about a photo with him and some jalapeno chiles?
Or take him to dinner and show him with some of that wonderful fried okra!
Boy, I miss good fried okra, real iced tea and good chicken fried steak....

Lisa

My youngest did this and sent Stanley to my parents. They took pictures of Stanley with my son's favorite cat, with Grandma and Papa, behind the wheel of the car. My son really didn't care there was no grand adventure. He was just thrilled they mailed him back like they were suppose to.

Let's see, Texas...

If you're not too far from Dallas, you could pose him on those statues of the longhorn herd and write that he went on a cattle drive.

A lot of dinosaur fossils have been discovered in Texas! You could make him a paper shovel and pose him "on an archeological dig" in your back yard.

Or make a reduced-size photocpoy of him, take pictures of your version next to everyday things, and have him write back to the kids about everything being bigger in Texas.

Good luck.

My DSIL works in television/film in L.A.
DS7 sent Flat Stanley to her.
She took Stanley to a movie set or commercial shoot...I can't really remember (and this was only last year!!)

DD8 is in 2nd Grade and just did this but instead of Stanley they made Flat versions of themselves. DD sent "Flat Abbey" to my friend who is a journalist in Chicago. Flat Abbey went to work with Erika and helped her proof copy then went to see some sites in Chicago and then shopping at a market for a gift for the teacher. Erika went overboard and made a whole book with pictures about Flat Abbey's adventure then sent her home with a scarf for full size Abbey and a tiny one for Flat Abbey.

Her report was the hit of the class! The gift for the teacher was a bonus too. ;)

Flat Ben from Indiana went to a kindergarten teacher friend of mine in L.A. She took him to school and got autographs from the kids. Then he was mailed to Arizona where another friend of mine took him to the pool and on a hike in the mountains. He was one of the most traveled of the flat kids.

Do you have any landmarks (famous or not) near to where you live? Just take a picture of Flat Stanley in front of something like that. (Something Texas-like). My cousin's daughter, who lives in California, sent me her Flat Stanley; I took him to the Atlantic Ocean for a visit and snapped a pic. Then, since we were leaving for Disney, he got to take a plane trip with us as well. When we arrived at Disney, I had Stanley send a postcard to the class.

Wow...I just knew I could depend on you all for good ideas! Thanks too for the "sites" to check! Last night I sat and made a "paperdoll" cowboy outfit for him, some pajamas, a Texas t-shirt and a baseball cap for him. I think I'll make a paper suit case for him to take his new clothes home with him! Today we'll do something...maybe go to a Mexican restaurant and take some pictures..We're in Fort Worth...and it's sunny, so we'll see what happens. This is sooo much fun...it makes me feel so much a part of my grandson's 1st grade experience even though he's in California! I wish it would go on and on!! Thanks again....Flat Stanley's Grandmother (otherwise known as Bunny)

My Mom takes her grandkids flat stanley with her all over the world. Some great photos of Stanley in Russia, England, Spain, Turkey.........she has more fun with it than I think the kids do. Even her husband poses with Stanley. Great way to have fun with your grandchildren, and they will always remember. Love the paperdoll idea, have to tell my Mom to start dressing Stanley more appropriate for her travels ;)

How about a day having Flat Stanley doing all the things your grandson would be doing if he was visiting. My son's Flat Stanley went to Afganistain, to visit a cousin in the Guard.

Where in TX are you? Get a picture with him and a cowboy (football or real) and him him autographed.

I teach, and one of the most hilarious places a child sent a flat-self to was to his aunt who worked for a plastic surgeon...they took him in and took a before/after picture of him...the surgery?? The nurses trimmed a little off his thighs. FUNNY!! SO, if you have a plastic surgeon near by....Stanley could have a tummy tuck :)

My husband and I received one from a niece in another state and she had never been to Ga, so We took flat stanley on a motorcycle tour of our area and took pictures which we put in a small scrapbook for her. I also went to our local welcome center and purchased a t-shirt, some maps and a coloring book on the state of ga to include. I wrote a letter back to her from flat stanley explaining how much fun he had on his motorcycle tour. Her Mom called me that night and said I knew if I sent this to you it would be neat. Wish I could get another visit from flat stanley but alas no more younger children in my family. Have fun with it, we did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter