Fishing Advice

justadreamaway77

DIS Veteran
I am looking to book a fishing excursion. We can book either 7am or 10am. My family would prefer 10am......is that too late to catch fish?

Fish are usually more active in the morning. If your family is up to it, take the early boat. Catch a nice sunrise and catch some fish to go with it. Also, you would have the advantage of avoiding some of the hotter weather setting in.

I too am looking to book a fishing morning for us in April as a surprise. We may do Epcot that day. Wake up early. Fish. Get back to hotel and chill/nap pool side. Get to Epcot late afternoon and drink around the world :)

EDIT: my opinion comes from the fact that my partner does a lot of fly fishing

I've been fishing many times at WDW and it's worth it to go earlier in my opinion. The fish are hungry after a long dark night and the light is beautiful early in the morning. We've actually seen deer at the water's edge at Bay Lake at first light.

Depending upon where you are fishing out of, you can make a breakfast reservation in advance and enjoy breakfast as soon as you get off the water.

For example, when we fish at Bay Lake we have the boat take us over to the Poly at trips end for a breakfast reservation at Kona. Failing to secure a reservation there, we just head over to Captain Cooks for a quick service breakfast and then hit MK for a couple of hours. There are lots of great breakfast options at all of the fishing locations.

Earlier is better for many reasons, the best of which is that the fishing is better. Whatever you decide, you are in for a treat as the fishing at WDW is a memorable experience.

Have a "fin"tastic trip!
~NM

Early is generally better, but an overcast day can extend the bite. When casting try to look for structure or cover that fish can use to ambush baits. I doubt they allow it still, but walking the banks and making cast parallel to the bank line or to any cover can be a lot of fun. If you are flying there are a number of travel rods that will pack down nicely. Good luck and please share photos!

I’ve only ever done the 7am so can’t speak for 10am.

Personally I like fishing when you’re just about the only ones out on the water and things are peaceful. It’s not as hot and the fishing is often really good (especially at first... in my experiences good bites have tended to trail off as it gets later).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter