Fish Extenders on 3.0??

wdwscout

DIS Veteran
This may be in plain sight, but I am not finding a thread about a Fish Extender exchange for the Podcast 3.0 group.
Does anyone know if our group is already planning to participate? Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks! I thought I remembered something- and it looks like I even signed up!
But- is this for every DIS board member on the ship? Or just the Podcast Cruise people? On 2.0, it was just the PCC people.

I think we'd have more participation if it was here on the PCC boards.

Sorry, can't answer your questions, Linda.

Someone named "triptaker" used to post how long it would be till we sail each Sunday morning - but has since decided she can no longer be with us on PCC 3.0.

At the bottom of her posts there were links to 3 threads specific to PCC 3.0 & this F.E. thread was one of them.....

Thanks! I thought I remembered something- and it looks like I even signed up!
But- is this for every DIS board member on the ship? Or just the Podcast Cruise people? On 2.0, it was just the PCC people.

I think we'd have more participation if it was here on the PCC boards.

Why don't you start one? I agree that limiting the group to just the PCC 3.0 folks is a good idea (the PCC 2.0 group was over 100 rooms!!). I'd love to include every DISer onboard, but it would severely limit the quantity/quality of my gifts.

--Hillary

PS - I think there's another thread for this cruise out there somewhere cuz I'm pretty sure it was much longer than the one on that link. I also think I signed up on a different thread...

DVC family does not seem to be all that active on the boards. If we would like to start a PCC 3.0 FE group I'm cool with it. I have already started my crafts. Lol.

I also don't mind helping to organize it if anyone needs help.

Why don't you start one? I agree that limiting the group to just the PCC 3.0 folks is a good idea (the PCC 2.0 group was over 100 rooms!!). I'd love to include every DISer onboard, but it would severely limit the quantity/quality of my gifts.

I was trying so hard not to "suggest" anything so that I would end up having to be in charge! :laughing: I do know the rules... ;)

To be quite honest, I am somewhat conflicted on this issue. Since it seems the FE thread was started by non-PCC members, yet PCC cruisers have joined it- I hate to dismantle what is already begun.
Yet- like you Hillary- I am not sure I am interested in trying to come up with more gifts for people who are not part of the Podcast Cruise- even though they are DISers. But- I am willing to go however the majority wants.

Do we want/need our own group? I truly enjoyed that on PCC 2.0. And I also loved being part of a group- so we could give a nicer gift and not have to carry/deliver 100+ gifts!

I was hoping to get more opinions here. And then we can decide how to go. If we do choose to have a PCC only FE group- I would be happy to maintain the list of participants and cabin #s.

Here's a vote for a PCC only FE group. :thumbsup2 Including every dis'er on the cruise would be great, however the group can and I'm sure will get very large and unmanageable for some. Just a thought.... :flower3:

I agree with MinnieGarden. If you (wdwscout) are willing to maintain the list of participants, I can certainly help out. Not sure how, but I'm willing to try!

--Hillary

PS - there's now a Facebook group for the FE folks! It includes non-PCCers, but all are welcome to join the group. I don't know about you, but two DIS threads and a FB group is too much for one FE!!! Too many boards to check to see what's going on... I'd rather have a smaller group with just PCCers. You know what they say, The more, the Scarier!

I guess we had better move forward with this.
I am glad there a at least a few people interested in participating in a PCC Group Fish Extender.
I think it is less intimidating than the whole ship.

I will start a new thread and maintain a master list- probably on Google Docs? I think that might work for allowing people to see and print the list. If anyone has a better idea- please let me know (I'm kind of flying blind here).

Thanks for your input!! :cool1:

I guess we had better move forward with this.
I am glad there a at least a few people interested in participating in a PCC Group Fish Extender.
I think it is less intimidating than the whole ship.

I will start a new thread and maintain a master list- probably on Google Docs? I think that might work for allowing people to see and print the list. If anyone has a better idea- please let me know (I'm kind of flying blind here).

Thanks for your input!! :cool1:

I love the google docs idea. Lets people check on it and get updates.

DVC family has that FE going well over there,, I fear that most of that side is PCC as well and if they all jump ship they might end up with a small group. Should be interesting to see what happens.

I think I might just join both groups... hmmmm, not sure what to do at this point.

I love the google docs idea. Lets people check on it and get updates.
Thanks- I hope it will work. Once we get a list going, I'll give it a shot anyway.

DVC family has that FE going well over there,, I fear that most of that side is PCC as well and if they all jump ship they might end up with a small group. Should be interesting to see what happens.

I think I might just join both groups... hmmmm, not sure what to do at this point.

Mike- this is exactly why I started asking the question last month. My goal is not to dismantle the other group. I just feared it being too large to manage.
I know I didn't get too many responses here, so I took what I had and made a decision.
Personally, I do prefer having a PCC3.0 exclusive group. Last time we got a number of gifts dated/personalized/or with the PCC logo. That would not be possible if we also had non Podcaster people in the mix.

So, I guess it would be OK to be on both groups. You just have more gifts to deliver (and receive). And for those of us who want the smaller sized group- staying on just the PCC group (or the non-PCC group) will work well too!

Thanks- I hope it will work. Once we get a list going, I'll give it a shot anyway.

Mike- this is exactly why I started asking the question last month. My goal is not to dismantle the other group. I just feared it being too large to manage.
I know I didn't get too many responses here, so I took what I had and made a decision.
Personally, I do prefer having a PCC3.0 exclusive group. Last time we got a number of gifts dated/personalized/or with the PCC logo. That would not be possible if we also had non Podcaster people in the mix.

So, I guess it would be OK to be on both groups. You just have more gifts to deliver (and receive). And for those of us who want the smaller sized group- staying on just the PCC group (or the non-PCC group) will work well too!

I get what your saying and agree 100%. I plan on using the logo in my gift and really would rather be in the PCC Group. Luckily I have lots of time and my gift won't cost me to much over 6 months so depending on the amount of cabins I think I can give gifts to that group anyways. I just feel weird saying "see ya".

Time will tell and will play it by ear.

Regardless, its fun making the gifts and gets me and the wife in the mood for the cruise, even though its still 5+ months away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter