First trip with 2 small kids

JediMomma89

Earning My Ears
I have been to the parks many times but this will be my 5 and 7 year old kiddos' first trip. It has been years since I've been to WDW. Any advice for visiting with small kiddos? What should we bring with us, what is worth buying/renting there. What are some must-haves that I may not be thinking of? We will be going in early August, so I know extreme heat is a factor. I grew up in S. FL, I remember the heat.

Spray fans
Bringing your own autograph book can save money. Also the clicker sharpies are easier to deal with for character meets
Light up stuff can be nice to have in advance, so the kids already have something when the pushers come walking straight at you.
A second pair of shoes for everyone....and a third. Wearing the same shoes every day at Disney makes your feet tire quickly. I like to switch off every other day....at least Also, then if your shoes are wet, you don't have to wear them.
Sunscreen
I wouldn't completely rule out a stroller, but I'd probably just have a single that they can take turns in, and I might rent it from Disney, so I don't have to deal with it on the bus or in the car. I also just enjoy having somewhere to store extra stuff. I'll be sad when my youngest ages out of a stroller. I'm not an over packer by any means (my preferred park bag is a fanny pack) but its nice to have a place to put stuff down....even if just the sunscreen lives in the stroller.
microfiber quick dry travel towel - this is more for traveling in general, because I've found lots of occasions when a towel it helpful, especially when traveling with kids.

I have been to the parks many times but this will be my 5 and 7 year old kiddos' first trip. It has been years since I've been to WDW. Any advice for visiting with small kiddos? What should we bring with us, what is worth buying/renting there. What are some must-haves that I may not be thinking of? We will be going in early August, so I know extreme heat is a factor. I grew up in S. FL, I remember the heat.
an extra poncho to place over stroller when parked in case of sudden rain. nothing worse than a wet stroller. with kids that age I would buy double the misting fans and let the kids have one each to play with before your trip to get over the fub of just spraying. also put some ice in with the water to keep it cooler. I also agree about having 3 pairs of shoes for everyone. that way you have one to use while one is drying from rain. I would also keep the day after arrival sloe day in case kids do not sleep well first night in strange bed

If you do any dining, bring coloring books and crayons. I know most people tend to use electronics, but my kids are just as happy coloring at the restaurant table while they wait for food or if they've finished early and we're still eating.

I remember seeing a double stroller parked at space 220 and my husband was impressed. It had at least one popcorn bucket on the handle, held to the stroller with a mommy clip. There were two huge freezer bags full of goldfish and other snacks. Stroller fans, etc.

We bought a ton of cooling towels in the parks, but I'm sure you can get them cheaper at home.

I always make a dollar store trip for glow sticks. Enough for mine and we usually grab extra as my oldest likes handing them out to other kiddos while we wait on fireworks. I also buy bubble wands on amazon or shopdisney with sales.

other must haves for us with three kids (1, 4 and 8): snack sized ziplock bags for portioning snacks up, plastic shower curtain and clothespins for covering the stroller in rain, full extra outfit for each kid sealed in a gallon bag at the bottom of our park backpack

I always make a dollar store trip for glow sticks. Enough for mine and we usually grab extra as my oldest likes handing them out to other kiddos while we wait on fireworks. I also buy bubble wands on amazon or shopdisney with sales.

other must haves for us with three kids (1, 4 and 8): snack sized ziplock bags for portioning snacks up, plastic shower curtain and clothespins for covering the stroller in rain, full extra outfit for each kid sealed in a gallon bag at the bottom of our park backpack
also a change of clothes for mom and/or dad in case why change needed includes them

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter