First round of stimulus checks deposited today

My stepdaughter just asked me a question and I have no idea what the answer would be. They filed their taxes thru Jackson Hewitt, using the rapid refund thing. Apparently the 'rapid refund' goes onto an american express card associated with whatever bank Jackson Hewitt uses. She says the refund gets direct deposited onto that card. So she asked me if the stimulus check would be direct deposited onto that card, since that's how they received their tax refund this year (and apparently for the last few years)
Anyone have any idea on the answer to this one? I have no idea as we file online and get our refund direct deposited to our bank.
I told her to call Jackson Hewitt and ask, but she's too busy complaining that she might have to wait for a paper check., lol!
Apparently it's not enough that her husband is on unemployment and will be getting the extra $600 a week in his unemployment pay as soon as the government gets going on that!!
You told her what she needs to do to find out the information. If she chooses not to, it isn't your problem. :)

My stepdaughter just asked me a question and I have no idea what the answer would be. They filed their taxes thru Jackson Hewitt, using the rapid refund thing. Apparently the 'rapid refund' goes onto an american express card associated with whatever bank Jackson Hewitt uses. She says the refund gets direct deposited onto that card. So she asked me if the stimulus check would be direct deposited onto that card, since that's how they received their tax refund this year (and apparently for the last few years)
Anyone have any idea on the answer to this one? I have no idea as we file online and get our refund direct deposited to our bank.
I told her to call Jackson Hewitt and ask, but she's too busy complaining that she might have to wait for a paper check., lol!
Apparently it's not enough that her husband is on unemployment and will be getting the extra $600 a week in his unemployment pay as soon as the government gets going on that!!

they aren’t going on the cards if people used that for their deposit. She can update her info on the IRS site when they open that up.

https://www.jacksonhewitt.com/tax-help/jh-tax-talk/stimulus-message-from-jackson-hewitt/

My bank (Bank of America) never notifies me of pending direct deposits. They just kind of show up. :)

I think for most major banks, if the deposit date on check was for say 4/15, it won't show up in our accounts until 4/15, not even as pending. IRS may have deposited it to bank already, but they will hold until whatever date is on there.

I think.
It’s a setting, you can change that. it’s under Alerts😉

I got mine today around noon. I bank with a CU and they release the funds as soon as they get them. So although my deposit is dated for 4/15 I get it today. They do the same with my paycheck so I get paid on Tuesday’s instead of having to wait until Friday.

Hi all. My old co-worker was shocked as she got her social security check Saturday also. This has never happened before. So the deposit I got was my ss and not the stimulus my nephew did get his and so did my daughter. My sister said they were comparing at work and it seemed those with credit unions got theirs while regular banks are taking longer seems to be the case in our family nephew and daughter have credit unions but my son and other daughter who haven't gotten theirs yet have Chase and us bank. Me? I owe the irs so guessing they'll keep it

No deposit this morning for us.

like I stated previously, we owed for 2019 and paid with our debit cards back in February (unmarried and we file separately).

For 2018 taxes we did receive a deposit and it was direct deposited. I don’t know how that’s going to work. If they’ll go back to our 2018 taxes to check our deposit info.

either way we are still working and don’t need the money. We were just going to use it to do some house stuff we’ve been wanting to do. So we can wait.

Hi all. My old co-worker was shocked as she got her social security check Saturday also. This has never happened before. So the deposit I got was my ss and not the stimulus my nephew did get his and so did my daughter. My sister said they were comparing at work and it seemed those with credit unions got theirs while regular banks are taking longer seems to be the case in our family nephew and daughter have credit unions but my son and other daughter who haven't gotten theirs yet have Chase and us bank. Me? I owe the irs so guessing they'll keep it
Interesting observation on CU vs Bank. My DD has Chase so I will pass that on. I hope they wouldn’t keep yours for tax payment that seems like it would defeat the purpose. I’ll cross my fingers for you that isn’t the case.

Ours showed first thing this morning. We are with a Credit Union.

My sister said they were comparing at work and it seemed those with credit unions got theirs while regular banks are taking longer

Many credit unions release pending deposits immediately as a perk for their members. Regular banks tend to wait until theyve received tge depisit before releasing it to you - its pending from the time the aee notified by ACH until they have the actual funds.

Both DH & I and our adult DD have Chase Bank accounts --- nothing yet. Interesting posts about credit unions vs banks.

Maybe tomorrow .....

I have USAA and my deposit showed up this morning. I have filed and received a refund via direct deposit for the last 10 years. I filed 2019 and received my refund in early February.

The IRS is launching their “get my payment” tool on Friday 4/17. You can check the status of your payment and update any direct deposit info.

Yes, our son had his deposited. I'll be honest, this makes no sense to me. He has a good job. Working steadily from home and just got a raise. He doesn't need this...

I would rather it go to people who need it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter