• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"First Of All, How Dare You" A November 2015 TR! **New TR Link!**

Love the update! You sure got your princess on! And don't feel guilty taking group photos-- that is what you're there for! You waited in line (or booked your fastpasses) same as everyone else! Actually when we met A&E the first time and struggled to get FP's, I remember being grumpy that we needed two fastpasses, since if I went by myself it took the same amount of time... but really I think this is the reason! You're entitled to your pictures!

Also, I love your magical ribbons! You shared her website with me before my last trip, and my mouse ears from her are one of my most prized posession. Love the bow you have on when you met Cindy and Rapunzel!

Aw, Princess Kiara adopted you! Too cute! Congrats!

Your family pic is great! Glad you were able to get at least one.

Thanks! She really is a sweetie :)

Thank you, I'm really glad we did get it too!

Aww, kitty! She looks like my Rocket, who did basically the exact same thing lol.

I love the princess pictures!

Rocket sounds like a very fitting name then, if she also bolted right into your house!

Thank you :) Elsye and Rapunzel's hug is one of my favorites!

Love the update! You sure got your princess on! And don't feel guilty taking group photos-- that is what you're there for! You waited in line (or booked your fastpasses) same as everyone else! Actually when we met A&E the first time and struggled to get FP's, I remember being grumpy that we needed two fastpasses, since if I went by myself it took the same amount of time... but really I think this is the reason! You're entitled to your pictures!

Also, I love your magical ribbons! You shared her website with me before my last trip, and my mouse ears from her are one of my most prized posession. Love the bow you have on when you met Cindy and Rapunzel!

We do love us some Princesses Meet and Greets! And that's actually a really good way to think about it. I mean, I don't think we'll start taking up too much time even with that in mind, but you're right. Technically, every person with a FP deserves their FP experience.

I'm really glad you like your ears! I really love mine as well! I actually have two pairs now, cause I had the sequined ones first, and then Amber wanted the plush ones, but as it turns out the headband gives her a headache so now I pretty exclusively wear them :P I actually like the plush ones a bit better too, cause it doesn't get stuck in my hair like the sequins do.

Real Life Update #2

The past month has been tough. Disney depression hit hard when we decided that we were canceling our Christmas trip, and the idea that out next visit wouldn't be until May 2017 made it that much worse.

I know, we've been spoiled with our Disney visits - I can't stand the idea of having to resort to every other year, although I know there'll come a time when there'll be a much longer gap between our visits.

But the whole of it made it hard for me or Amber to update this, because it just made us miss our second home that much more.

I coped by trying to put my energy in planning the trip we decided to go on to replace our one vacation this year. We have another vacation week in August, which we had initially planned on using to visit the family in Michigan, but since we're going there for Christmas now, we decided August would be our out of country vacation time.

We hesitated between a cruise and an All Inclusive, and the cruise won over based on price. We looked at a couple of different itineraries, and landed on the Carnival Dream, sailing out of New Orleans on August 7th. I was really excited about this - cruising is my second vacation love, after Disney, so I was definitely looking forward to being on a ship again! We started planning out our excursions, adding an extra night in New Orleans to visit the city, just trying to make it as nice a vacation as possible.

Then, I started looking a bit more into the price. And it just... didn't seem right to me. It wasn't a bad price per say, not for a cruise and flights to New Orleans, especially not with the current exchange rate. But it was still more than I would have liked to spend. Like, if I was gonna spend that kind of money, I'd rather spend it on Disney...

Do you see where this is going?

All of this to say, on Wednesday, we canceled our cruise.

And on Thursday, we booked our non refundable flights to Orlando.

That's what. We're going to Disney World in August!

:jumping1:
:mickeyjum:goofy::donald::tigger::sulley::stitch:
:cool1::banana::cool1::banana::cool1:

I mean, did you really think we could stay away?

In a way, it all falls into place. We decided not to go for December because it was too expensive, but I can find cheaper prices for August on the hotel, and definitely the flights as well. So it at that point, it came down to the best of both world - going to Disney, with a budget that fits for us.

We can't view the summer crowds as a downside - we were initially preparing ourselves for Christmas week attendance.

But - the heat will definitely be a different story. I am excited to experience Disney in the summer, to see the summer trolley show. But I do not handle heat well, so that'll be interesting. At the same time, we were planning on going to the Caribbean in that same week's timeframe, and the Caribbean isn't exactly known for being cooler than Florida in August. It's fine - we'll brave it!

So now that we have another trip to look forward to, and it's so much closer than it would originally have been, I'm back the proper state of mind to happily update this TR!

Let's do this!

Click for next post

Day 3, Part 3 - It's The Jingle Cruise!

Winnie the Pooh is one of Amber's favorite rides, as I'm sure you've all gathered by now, so of course we had to make sure the family would get to ride it. Elsye also really likes Winnie the Pooh (she would steal Amber's Winnie bear when she was staying with Aunt Sarah and Uncle Butch during her radiation treatments) so we felt she was bound to like it.

047_zpsgrxspjou.jpg

048_zps4zvajuub.jpg

We got in the FP+ line and started planning for the riding groups. Which lead to the first sulking fit of the trip.

We told everyone that this ride is a two by two seating, except for the little one, meaning Elsye.

Well, I guess Aunt Sarah didn't hear that part. It was already established Elsye was riding with Uncle Butch, but when Aunt Sarah asked Ramsey who he wanted to ride with, he said he wanted to ride with his Dad. She proceeded to tell him he couldn't because Elsye was, but we said it was fine because both he and Elsye would fit with Dad.

She then got upset, claiming we had just said it was two by two, at which point I reiterated that we also added on 'except for the little one'. That wasn't a good enough answer for her though, and she remained sulkily silent for the rest of the queue.

Honestly, that wasn't too far stretched from what we'd expected, so we took it in stride, and I volunteered to sit with her once we got to the end of the line.

I think you can see from Grandma's face what her opinion of the whole ordeal is.

049_zpsirbznpdz.jpg

Thankfully, we didn't have to wait in line too long.

050_zpsjpxdwlah.jpg

And soon, we were getting into our little Hunny pots.

I tried to get a back shot picture of Elsye. It was not a success.

051_zpsmcpgad93.jpg

By the time we were off the ride, the general mood was pretty much back to a normal state, so you know, there's that - we have little storms in this family, but they typically pass over pretty fast.

052_zps5rugy4ve.jpg

Our next FastPass selection would take us to a different land at this point, but there was still a bit of time before we'd be able to use it. We still headed over toward Adventureland, so that we would be in the area we needed to be.

053_zps1c3jdcij.jpg

054_zpsysvdlh1v.jpg

We decided to head to an attraction we hadn't done since our very first trip in November 2012.

055_zpsbk5ebsiv.jpg

The Enchanted Tiki Room!

056_zpsca5uvxue.jpg

We got there just as a show had started up, so we got in line to wait for the next one. Since there was nobody else in the general vicinity, we all stuck together and went through the accessible line with Grandma.

Amber decided it was then time to pass the time by taking pictures of everybody. You know, for posterity.

057_zpsa7bx5c7r.jpg

058_zpsaquko6ag.jpg

059_zpswlkukfdo.jpg

060_zpszbafpxfh.jpg

061_zpsucdgizib.jpg

062_zpsx1zwzdqd.jpg

Clearly, some people were more into it than others.

Aunt Sarah was looking through her own pictures at that point, and she came across a pretty old one, back from 2013 when Amber was still going through treatments.

063_zpsvnhij5qo.jpg

It wasn't too much longer until we were let in, and everybody really seemed to enjoy the show, which I was glad about. It was actually quite a bit longer than I remembered - probably because I bought the soundtrack of Walt Disney World park songs, and the version they have of this show pretty much ends at the first song.

By the time we were done being amazed by animatronic birds, we made our way over to one of the surprises of the trip.

064_zpsxxbspllm.jpg

It's the Jingle Cruise!

Guys, we'd never done the Jingle Cruise before! And we definitely weren't expecting to get to do it this time, either! We had been there later in November before, after all, so we had figured it probably typically got put up in either late November or early December.

065_zpsrhyupfk4.jpg

Unfortunately, we sat in a rather poor picture taking spot, but that surely didn't stop our enjoyment of it.

066_zpsq724nqk0.jpg

067_zpsyaf4xbrn.jpg

I love this burlap sack snowman, he's so cute!

068_zpsebkfyaxq.jpg

069_zps31x7sqzf.jpg

I really think it's neat how they found a way to change up a classic attraction to just give it a bit more magic during the holiday season. It doesn't take away from the usual experience, but it just gives it a special touch.

070_zpszo71oof6.jpg

Click for next post

Last edited:

This looks like such a great trip! With great pictures to match, I especially like the visit from the cat.

So happy you guys get to go back to the world! We'll be there around the same time!

We do August every year because it's the only time we both can get off from school and work. I'm not going to lie, the heat and humidity is a lot-- but it is totally manageable because, hey, at the end of the day hot at Disney is better than a cool day anywhere else. Drink your free counter service water, and take advantage of any air conditioning you can get. We were surprised at how little of the day you actually have to spend in direct sunlight.

The worst part for me is the parade-- I can't figure out why Disney schedules FOF at the absolute worst part of the day, sun exposure wise, when there is no shade to be found anywhere. But that parade is worth it. Our first trip it was so not waiting for the parade in the direct sun that our phones shut down. Oops.

Life the update! Some day, when we both finish graduate schools, I'd love to see Jingle Cruise...

This looks like such a great trip! With great pictures to match, I especially like the visit from the cat.

Thank you, it was pretty great in spite of the few bumps! (But then, what family vacation has no bump amiright?)

We do love our new kitty, she's our little baby princess :lovestruc

So happy you guys get to go back to the world! We'll be there around the same time!

We do August every year because it's the only time we both can get off from school and work. I'm not going to lie, the heat and humidity is a lot-- but it is totally manageable because, hey, at the end of the day hot at Disney is better than a cool day anywhere else. Drink your free counter service water, and take advantage of any air conditioning you can get. We were surprised at how little of the day you actually have to spend in direct sunlight.

The worst part for me is the parade-- I can't figure out why Disney schedules FOF at the absolute worst part of the day, sun exposure wise, when there is no shade to be found anywhere. But that parade is worth it. Our first trip it was so not waiting for the parade in the direct sun that our phones shut down. Oops.

Life the update! Some day, when we both finish graduate schools, I'd love to see Jingle Cruise...

I'm so happy and excited too! I feel like all is right in the world again, now that I have another trip to plan!

I do see from your ticker that we'll probably be there right about the same time! We're flying into Orlando on the 7th, but we won't actually check in on property til the 8th, so that'll be our first park day.

I'm really glad to hear your account of it. I had the mistake of checking a March vs August thread, bad idea! I mean, we've been to Florida and the Caribbean in July before, and this part November was surprisingly and excessively hot. We're starting to get used to it a bit, but I'll definitely use your advice - seek out a lot of AC and drink tons of water! We'll probably also try to be better than usual about midday breaks.

That parade is really bad. I remember in May, it was sooo hot, and we were in the old FP+ section so right at the hub, facing the sun. I'm thinking if the location is gonna stick to the flagpole area though, we might do that. It'll still be in direct sunlight, but we won't have to brave sweaty crowds to find a nice spot. Maybe we'll invest in a parasol :P

It was really neat to see the Jingle Cruise, so I do hope you get to see it someday! It was totally unexpected for us and I think that made it even better :)

I do see from your ticker that we'll probably be there right about the same time! We're flying into Orlando on the 7th, but we won't actually check in on property til the 8th, so that'll be our first park day.

I'm really glad to hear your account of it. I had the mistake of checking a March vs August thread, bad idea! I mean, we've been to Florida and the Caribbean in July before, and this part November was surprisingly and excessively hot. We're starting to get used to it a bit, but I'll definitely use your advice - seek out a lot of AC and drink tons of water! We'll probably also try to be better than usual about midday breaks.

:)

How exciting! I think we'll be in MK on the 8th-- our last park day :-( -- but if you're there maybe we'll cross paths!

So glad you get to go back sooner than you expected!
We are at the point where anytime one of us wants to buy a non necessity the other one asks 'would you rather have that or go to Disney?'

How exciting! I think we'll be in MK on the 8th-- our last park day :-( -- but if you're there maybe we'll cross paths!

We always start off with MK, so we'll definitely be there on the 8th!

So glad you get to go back sooner than you expected!
We are at the point where anytime one of us wants to buy a non necessity the other one asks 'would you rather have that or go to Disney?'

So are we, it's so exciting too to have such a short countdown! This is by far the shortest countdown we've had, save the trip we took after Amber finished her chemo treatments :)

That's a good motto to live by! We should really try to have proper savings put aside with our future Disney trips in mind

Day 3, Part 4: Bus Buddies

Everyone seemed to enjoy the Jingle Cruise and I'm glad that it's an activity that we managed to have fun for the whole family on.

The only negative aspect came when getting out of the boat. Grandma isn't too steady on her feet, so Uncle Butch went to help her out of the boat and steady it with his foot. Well, you aren't supposed to do that and the Skipper at the dock told him off, which I can understand. However, she then did nothing more to help with putting more weight on the boat to help her get out more easily. So, Uncle Butch did it again and got told off again and then the Skipper finally got another to help. Which annoyed Uncle Butch because he was handling it and Grandma because she just wanted the help to get out. In the end though, it didn't mar the whole experience or anything.

Since we had more time before our next fastpass and everyone was getting hungry we decided to go to Peco Bill's for lunch and try their new menu. This turned out to be a mistake for several reasons. One, once we got there Boston started saying that he didn't like Mexican food (very confusing since he eats tacos, fajitas and burritos at Grandma's all the time) and that got Aunt Sarah annoyed about everything again and snappy.

I agreed that after everyone had their food I'd go ahead and take Boston elsewhere to get a meal. I guarded tables until then, having to snag two for our large group as best I could. Aunt Sarah's mood and the slight wait for food did nothing to improve everyone's sentiments.
071_zpsie1z6pvq.jpg

Marie and I both got the fajitas which I thought were alright, but Marie did not enjoy at all.

We didn't get pictures of everyone else's food but the amount of food in the kid's meals is ridiculous. It's a good thing Elsye isn't a big eater because her rice bowl was laughable and Ramsey's food was not enough for him.

Luckily, I took Boston and intended to head for Casey's or Cosmic Ray's but just outside I discovered Tortuga Tavern was open and we went inside and got him a barbecue chicken sandwich on Texas Toast with gelato. He didn't want the gelato so I ended up eating it and by a twist of fate, they accidentally gave us two sandwiches even though we'd only ordered one. The extra sandwich Marie and I both took bites out of to try, but gave to Ramsey to finish so that he wouldn't starve the whole day.

Aunt Sarah, uncle Butch and the kids sat with Marie and I sat with Mom, Grandma, Kameron, and Curtis. Mom and Grandma were upset because Aunt Sarah was in such a sour mood and therefore were happy that the next plan had us splitting ways.

We were headed to Splash Mountain, which Mom and Grandma had no interest in, so we said our goodbyes for the moment. They were going to just wander around and rest a little.

Once we got to Splash our fastpass window was open and we got a rider swap for Aunt Sarah and Uncle Butch to both be able to ride with Boston and Ramsey. First, Aunt Sarah stayed behind with Elsye, who was graced with a Future Splash Mountain Rider card.

072_zpsi0jvojpo.jpeg

Don't let Boston and Ramsey's looks of terror fool you, they loved it. So did Kameron and Curtis. Marie was pretending to be my body guard since I was obviously a celebrity too bored with everything.

Next, Aunt Sarah took the boys back to ride with them and the rest of us waited outside with Elsye. Like usual, I took to photographing and videoing.

073_zpsnomgmr7z.jpg

Elsye was happy to chill.

074_zps4b0c0aqf.jpg

075_zpsmpamm1kd.jpg

076_zpsfduqy4rw.jpg

Marie turned the camera on me and I look like a ghost.

077_zpsddlg7r9e.jpeg

My favorite thing is that Boston and Ramsey's faces are practically identical even after just riding.

With everyone having rode, we texted Mom and Grandma to find out where they were and it turned out they were waiting in the Hall of Presidents, so we told them we'd go and meet them.

078_zpspwwh7zxo.jpg

A beautiful view.

079_zpsimjbni5k.jpg

I still love walking pictures.

080_zpsnekl1smz.jpg

And crowd pictures.

Once we got to the Hall of Presidents, Mom expressed wanting to go on the Haunted Mansion while others expressed wanting to go back to the hotel to get settled into their rooms. It was decided that everyone but Boston, Mom and me would go back to the hotel and team park would hit the Haunted Mansion. I'm always up for extra rides, after all.

081_zpso6r7yfh8.jpg

I think we waited about 15 minutes probably.

082_zpscrjgfn8e.jpg

And Boston cheesed it up.

Once we'd visited the 999 Happy Haunts my Mom wasn't ready to head back and decided that she was going to stay in the park. I would have probably stayed too, but someone needed to take Boston back. So, we started heading toward the front of the park with Mom saying to message her when Marie and I were heading back.

083_zpsmxldg8fz.jpg

We stopped by the most beautiful bathrooms so I could show them off first though.

084_zpsbkkqsjmj.jpg

085_zpsiem3k1zn.jpg

And I did have to take a Castle picture.

086_zpsggvnzx0o.jpg

And a walking picture.

087_zps4lthhyqg.jpg

Another Castle picture.

088_zps91deytih.jpg

089_zpsqrzfh0bl.jpg

After telling Mom I'd see her later, Boston and I headed out to the bus. We got to the stop around the same time the bus did, and we had one of the fancy super long ones.

090_zpspvgopnik.jpg

Which was mostly empty considering the time of day, but what can you do?

091_zpsc3idask4.jpg

Boston and I were very happy to be bus buddies.

Click for next post

Last edited:
Day 3, Part 5: "This is just pineapple."

When we made our way back to the hotel, Marie wasn't answering my Facebook messages (our method of communication since our phone service didn't work in the States) so I stopped by the front desk in order to get our room number.

We were in the Surfs Up section and I took Boston with me while I waited to find out where the family was situated.

I got a little lost trying to find our room, and when I went the wrong way the Touchdown section was visible.

092_zpsqrr2kfsn.jpg

Finally though, I managed to get myself to the right location.

093_zpsl1rc4mna.jpg

Here was our home for the week.

094_zpspbqfu6dx.jpg

Boston took a picture of me as we waited to hear back about where I was to take him.

Eventually, I did hear back and took Boston to find the family in their Hoops Up room. They were on the first floor in building 2, facing out toward the parking lot and they were happy with things besides the whole wrong rooms connecting matter. Still, they ended up spending a lot of time there and were always happy.

Once Boston was back with the family, Marie and I went back to our room and unpacked a few things before we got ready to head back into the park.

095_zpskqccny4t.jpg

Stars!

096_zpsnwqugk2f.jpg

The bus wait was pretty standard, but at that time of day it wasn't surprising.

097_zpsohjcdtkr.jpg

There was a party going on that night, but we were just planning on staying until 7 or so anyway.

Messenger wasn't working on Mom's phone so she didn't get our message saying we were headed out, but had remembered when we were going to be back anyway. We went in the proper entrance and then tried to cut along in front so that we could go get Mom who was waiting just in front of the tunnel on the right but got told off and had to go around into the park and then walk upwards. Really, it wouldn't have bothered me if we hadn't just seen other people do the same thing because I guess they were trying to make sure that we weren't trying to sneak into the party but whatever.

Mom told us that she'd walked around for a bit, rode the Peoplemover a few times and overall just had a good time by herself, which was lovely to hear.

We asked if she'd like to head back to Tomorrowland for another ride because we still had a little bit of time before the Castle lighting, which was what we wanted to see.

098_zpswh8b9wai.jpg

Given the low wait time we ended up at the Laugh Floor, pretty much walking right in with only five minutes until the next show.

They did the bit where they asked for a country and because I wanted to be heard, I shouted "Canada!" super loud so that my voice from the back might reach the front.

Except... no one else said anything. So it was just my super loud Canada and silence all around, which was pretty awkward.

The show was super funny as usual though and Mom really enjoyed it.

Once we exited it was dark and we made our way into the extended Hub area so that we might have a good view of the Castle for the lighting that would happen at 6:30 as it happens twice on MVMCP nights.

There was about 15 minutes to wait, but Mom was happy to stand and chat with us.

099_zpsabowbzck.jpg

Besides, it's beautiful at night.

100_zps8wtak1wt.jpg

The Frozen show wasn't anything we could see from our vantage point, although we heard it. Besides, even without seeing the show, it was worth it to see Cinderella Castle all lit up.

101_zpsfthrrqh1.jpg

I mean :lovestruc

Isn't it just the most beautiful?

With the show watched and the park hours for non-party guests drawing to a close we decided to head out.

102_zps7skb81o4.jpg

But first I had to take a picture of the beautiful tree.

103_zpsjrfq60hw.jpg

Not tonight party, but we'd be back for it another day.

Instead of heading to the bus, we made our way to the monorail so that we could go and get dinner.

Our destination?

104_zpsr2pjxhth.jpg

Poly!

We had to see the new lobby, after all and we wanted to try Capt. Cooks.

105_zps5czhffwe.jpg

Marie and I share the opinion that the new lobby of the Poly is way prettier than the old one.

I tried to take a surfboard picture but I was too close.
106_zpsn69z2pet.jpg

Marie is still unimpressed with me.

We all placed our orders and got beepers, taking a seat inside because it was a bit chilly.

108_zpspcxzrwwi.jpg

Marie had the Big Kahuna sandwich which she loved. Though she mentions that cutting it in smaller pieces to eat it is necessary.

107_zpsvidra47o.jpg

I had the pulled pork nachos and I had a problem with them. See it says that it comes with pineapple salsa, but this was not pineapple salsa; it was just chunks of pineapple which is not the same as salsa. I don't like pineapple and had to scrape all of it off. Otherwise though, it was pretty good.

Marie and I were planning to watch the Holiday Wishes fireworks from the beach but Mom was pretty tired, so she opted to head back to the resort, so we said our goodnights.

Then we sat around for a little while longer, just taking some time to chat and that's when we decided that we didn't actually want to wait for the Holiday Wishes either.

We did decide to go and look around Boutiki though.

109_zpswstrml5g.jpg

Michigan represent!

I also got myself a sweatshirt because I'd been wanting one and I had to debate between a couple. I really loved the 2015 one but it was white and I know how dirty white can get, so I opted to get a Minnie Mouse sweatshirt instead.

110_zpsowaovwnj.jpg

Here I am in it, looking like a ghost.

I do love it though, it's comfy and cute.

The bus back didn't take too long to come, luckily and soon we were back to our room to settle in for the night.

111_zpst21wosbw.jpg

Before we could go to bed though, we called the family to let them know what time we wanted to meet in the lobby the next day. With that done we were free to relax some before heading to sleep.

Click for next post

Last edited:
Loving your updates! It sounds like your Mom really enjoyed her alone time.

Thanks! She really did and I think it was good for her to feel like her vacation wasn't needed to be spent all the time just doing what Grandma or everyone else wanted to do.

Day 4, Part 1: Soarin' With Nemo And Friends... Wait What?

Our turning in early the night before did help set up an early meeting time, with the hopes that we'd make it to Epcot for rope drop. We had FastPasses to Test Track that day, so we wanted to rush to Soarin' to try and get in a fast Standby line and ride it first thing in the morning.

We left our Mousekeeping envelope of the day

001_zpsfiywgtcf.jpg

And headed out of our room to go meet the group in the lobby.

002_zpsmrruxyx8.jpg

We arrived and saw that most everybody was already there, except for Kameron and Curtis. This would become a trend - we started telling them to meet us earlier than the actual time after this, actually.

By the time they arrived, Aunt Sarah had headed back to the food court to fill up their resort mugs, so we waited some more. Amber made good use of that time to get Kameron to go ask for a birthday balloon, as it was his birthday.

003_zps9ugjjqcz.jpg

Of course, it ended up getting tied up to Elsye's stroller, which worked too anyway since it was her birthday week as well.

Finally, everybody was back where they were supposed to be, and we headed into the bus line, definitely later than planned. But you know, such is life during group travels.

At least this cutie was happy to be up.

004_zpsyqwbxkxh.jpg

You may notice she's wearing the same shirt as the day before. I promise, she has more clothes - she just would not put on anything else, she liked it so much.

Before too long, we got on the bus and were on our way!

005_zpsgjqrf8se.jpg

And although the All-Stars are really closest to Animal Kingdom, they have a pretty short ride over to any other park (except Magic Kingdom, which is lengthier) so it didn't take too much time before we pulled up at our park of the day.

006_zpst8phzksf.jpg

Show of hands who can guess? (Or whoever has read our PTR, you know, whichever works).

007_zpswrikmlqp.jpg

008_zpslxyqgwuf.jpg

I see a bit of silver peeking...

009_zpssdiccqfk.jpg

Hello, gorgeous!

Yep, it was Epcot time!

We do always feel like we have to start with Magic Kingdom to start off a trip right, but Epcot is Amber's favorite and as such it tends to be our second park. Especially since it's always the other park we for sure plan two days at, and as such we try to space it out a bit.

Amber and I took the boys (both sets of young and older) and started the rush to Soarin', although by that time it was past rope drop and we were definitely not beating any crowds.

Uncle Butch decided to stay behind (I think Aunt Sarah was in the beginning of a bad mood) and so they, along with Elsye, Grandma and Mom, took a more leisurely start into the park. We pointed out to where characters were meeting by the entrance of Epcot, so they could do something while we would be riding Soarin', and they took our advice.

010_zpszytx2rkz.jpeg

Hi there Pluto!

011_zpsixdijtbo.jpeg

Look at this precious nugget.

012_zpslolkwafr.jpeg

So, while they were busy doing that, we were busy treking over to the Land.

013_zpsevs7uuao.jpg

And taking in the beauty that is Epcot.

014_zpse7zucxbt.jpg

015_zpsjumgvojo.jpg

We finally arrived, and headed downstairs to find this.

016_zpsdn1vkyo2.jpg

Half an hour wait. We decided to chance it - after all, sometimes it's not accurate, right?

017_zpsn398wusf.jpg

Yeah, right.

018_zps3ltihgcp.jpg

It did actually end up being pretty accurate, but I'm still very glad we did it, because the little boys really enjoyed it.

Now, we had given the rest of the family directions to make it to Soarin'. We told them we'd meet them out there once we were done riding, which hopefully wouldn't take too long, but we didn't really give an exact time frame.

We walked out of Soarin' and started looking around. No family.

019_zpsjiwlvxfp.jpg

We headed upstairs, and just outside the pavillion.

Still no family.

020_zpsuavyaknd.jpg

We ended up finding that they had come, waited a short while, decided it was taking too long and that we hadn't better informed them of how things would be happening (well, one person decided that anyway) and took off to The Seas with Nemo and Friends.

Nevermind that prior to the trip, I offered to give everyone a rundown of the plans I had made for each day.

Oh well.

By the time we finally met up with them, we were cutting it really tight for our first FastPass. Thankfully, they have a grace period, and so we headed over in that direction.

021_zpswau3efbc.jpg

Our first FastPass+ of the day was for the Character Spot.

022_zpsuucz9kv4.jpg

We got in line and it was maybe ten to fifteen minutes before we got to meet our first character.

The big cheese himself!

023_zpscmuzbzcy.jpeg

Hugs are the best.

024_zpshdqianfx.jpeg

Click for next post

Last edited:
Wow great double team update. It seems like almost everyone is having fun

Yeah for going back! I am glad it works out and totally makes sense if you were getting to that budget point anyway for another trip to just switch it to be for Disney!

Other than a few sour moods seems like everyone was having a pretty good time and most of the rides were hits with people which is great!

I do love the two younger boys in the splash ride photos!

Sounds like a nice evening too with just the three of you (and then just the two of you) - bummer about not being up for seeing the fireworks from the Poly beach but seems like a good idea in the end so you had energy the next day. Gotta love EPCOT!

Awesome updates!! Chase and I actually saw you and your family hanging around SM on Sunday, but you looked stressed so we decided to wait to introduce ourselves till our planned meeting the following day :)

I can't wait for more, pretty please don't make me wait what feels like eons again :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter