• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First Haircut at WDW?

zillow

Mouseketeer
I remember reading somewhere that there is a barbershop in the Magic Kingdom and that a child gets a certificate (or something like that) if they get their first haircut there. Does anyone know anything about this? TIA!

The barbershop is off to the left as you enter the MK. It is almost stuck back in a corner out of the way near the big doors where I believe the parades enter or exit. I have heard of the first haircut goodies but this will be our first chance at getting it done. Last year DD had her hair cut there and it was a blast. Just happened to catch the Dapper Dans in there and they serenaded her while we waited.

Thanks Ratpack! Do you know if you're supposed to make reservations in advance? My son will be 16 months then and should be needing a bit of a trim in September when we go.

We did this for our DS, now 3 1/2. He got a certificate, lots of stickers, they wrapped up some of his hair for us and he got Mickey ears w/ "first haircut" on the back.

We still take him every trip, it's tradition now. He loves going there and now that he's older, they put colored gel in his hair. He gets lots of attention, expecially from the characters.

Make sure you go very early! Even in the off season, the lines start quickly and the waits get long! The also tend to run out of mouse ears towards the end of the day for 1st haircuts. The day we went for his first vcut we got there at about 11:00am. My DS was the last one to get the mickey ears that day. The little girl after us wasn't able to get them.

They do not take reservations, it's first come, first served.

My then 5½ granddaughter got her first haircut at MK last summer. We went after lunch and there was a bit of a wait, but everyone was very patient.

Cissy rec'd the certificate, 1st haircut ears, stickers and a chunk of hair wrapped up. The stylist, Maura was GREAT ... she didn't mind me snapping away as she cut Cissy's hair, then posed for photos. She french braided a front section of Cissy's hair and decorated it with colored gel and pixie dust.

My 7 y.o. grandson also got a haircut ... first Maura cut it into a Mohawk and decorated it ... then gave Wm the buzz cut he wanted ... Maura kinda smeared red gel on his head, painted a Mickey icon on Wm's forehead, then sprinkled pixie dust on his head.

We had dinner at Chef Mickey's that night and Mickey was SO EXCITED when he saw the his icon on Wm's forehead!

After getting her haircut, Cissy declared that the only place she'd ever get her haircut was at MK, LOL!

Originally posted by Nette
How much does a first haircut cost?

$12 ... but I gave the stylist a large tip as she was so nice and spent a lot of time with the kids.

We also did it for our 7 month old dd's 1st haircut, and it was a wonderful memory! I don't think they take appointments, but even with our long wait, it was well worth it!! :D Enjoy it and take lots of photos!! ;)

They don't take reservations. It is also a great place to watch the 3:00 parade. They exit through the big gates right next to the barber shop.

We're also getting my little guy's 1st haircut at WDW. He'll be 15 months then and I can't wait. My DH wants to cut it now since it's getting long in the back but I won't let him...it's only baby hair!!

My DH who is in the military and can't seem to go a week without a hair cut gets his hair cut there too. The lines can get very long, even first thing in the morning! He found that right before luch was a good time to go, most of the "first thing in the morning" crowd was gone. Last time they offered pixie dust and glow in the dark hiar gel, but he declined the gel and put the pixie dust in a bag for our DD :p

We are doing this for both of our boys too!!! It's not either of their first cuts(they are almost 9 and 4.5) but they can't wait(honestly neither can I! LOL)Their hair is getting a tad long, but they are both refusing cuts here at home, my oldest says "mom we only have 12 days left I look fine) LOL

Tina:p

My dd got her first haircut there in Dec....she was 2 years and 9 months old (my kids don't get hair very early....it was the first time she had enough to cut!). Her stylist was Billie....amazingly my dd sat perfectly still. Billie gave her a little trim...giving her bangs and taking off some of the scraggly stuff in the back. Then she did the whole photo op with the "First Haircut" ears and the giant scissors...then she wrapped up a curl of hair, the ears, and the first haircut certificate, then did dd's hair with a couple of sparkly mouse ear clippies..pink and white. And she also spritzed her hair with hairspray and gave her some pixie dust on top! The first haircut really is quite a bargain even after giving the stylist a great tip!

It was also fun seeing some boys go in and get their hair spiked up with colors and pixie dust! Very fun!

We got our DS's first hair cut at WDW and it was an enjoyable experience. I think we had Billie and she was very patient and careful. She had some toys and a bubble blower which kept hime occupied for some time. We recently tried to get DS's hair cut locally and it was a disaster. Both DW and I fondly recalled our experience at WDW and decided to get his next hair cut at WDW in Decemeber.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter