First Family at MK

marx

DVC Home: AKV
On December 19th my family was chosen as the first family at the MK. Even though this was the first morning of the first day of our vacation, it was the highlight of the trip. A CM and Photographer stayed with us from the time we were chosen for about an hour (about 6:25am - 7:20am), then the photographer stayed with us for another 20 minutes or so. One of the Dapper Dans went through the opening procedures with us. The MK opened at 7 that day for EMH.

The performers were all excited too as this was the first morning this season that Main Street, the Christmas Tree and Castle were all lit up. (I believe it was the first 7am EMH opening, and it was overcast too). They were out taking pictures from the train station platform facing Main Street.

We arrived at the bag check area at 6:17, and were the only ones there for about 5 minutes. We were held at bag check as it was not yet open. That day we were moving from a one night stay at a hotel on Hotel Plaza Boulevard to the AKV. We wanted to arrive at around 6:30 for EMH and instead of driving to the TTC or AKV (for a bus) we decided to take an Uber from our hotel to the Contemporary entrance and walk. The Uber arrived very quickly (about 1 minute) and so we were early. The Monorail and buses hadn't dropped off anyone yet. (Taking an Uber to the Contemporary entrance was a tip I got from here on DIS). Bag check opened at 6:25, we tapped through the turnstiles and were at the left tunnel to main street a minute later when we were chosen. There were two families who arrived before us at the tunnel entrance, so I think being chosen had to do with us being first at bag check.

One.jpeg Three.jpeg Two.jpeg Four.jpeg

So glad that you got to do this!

But, I guess this is all now a "history lesson."

I didn't know that the opening procedure changed! (I wondered why you said "history lesson" and did a quick search). I guess we were lucky.

BTW, thx for the maps and tips for fireworks viewing. It came in handy on this trip.

I didn't know that the opening procedure changed! (I wondered why you said "history lesson" and did a quick search). I guess we were lucky.

BTW, thx for the maps and tips for fireworks viewing. It came in handy on this trip.

You were very lucky with your "timing" in all respects.

So glad to hear that you used the maps & info!

We were one of the last to ride in AK parade, makes it that much more special. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter