*First Ever Solo Visit - What Should I Do?

DisneyaHolic23

DIS Veteran
I am going to Disney World for four days alone in early April. I am a little intimidated! What suggestions do you all have for MUST DO activities when ALONE?

I thought I might hang at my pool (Pop Century) most days, while eating a meal each day at a resort restaurant I haven't yet tried. I thought I would go to the parks for sure on Tuesday, to take advantage of early entry AND late night. Then, I thought I would go to the parks one other day. I also thought I would do one night at Pleasure Island, hangin' at Comedy Warehouse. What else should I do???? :confused3

My first thought when I saw your title was, "Whatever you want!!!"
Even though I've never been to WDW completely solo, I do spend some time alone since my DH loves playing golf. When he does that, I usually go to the parks and hang out some. I take photos at my own pace, shop, and do some attractions that DH doesn't enjoy, like Voyage of the Little Mermaid, etc.
I'm sure you'll get some more replys and I believe there is a Adults and Solo board group also. See what they have to offer.
No matter what, enjoy yourself!!

lsutigger2 said:
I take photos at my own pace, shop, and do some attractions that DH doesn't enjoy, like Voyage of the Little Mermaid, etc.

That's what I want to do on my first solo trip! It's coming up this May and I am getting very excited. Of course this means that both of our DH's hurry our inner photographer, don't like shopping, and sleep through Voayge of the Little Mermaid! We should get together and leave the DH'd with each other! :rotfl:

My plan, is to do anything I want to do. Especially the stuff I love that DH does not. I am going to make a list before I go. Some of the things on the list are get a Dole Whip, shop (a lot and whenever I want), watch the parades, and watch fireworks every night.

D4D

Hang out at the parks and volunteer to take pictures so whole families can get into the picture, after all why should dad always miss out. this works great around character gatherings. check out the boardwalk too...Have a great time. I am so looking forward to my first solo trip. Hope it comes in the near future.

I did my first solo trip in Jan for 8 days/7nights it was fabulous I can hardly wait to go again it was very relaxing. I really enjoyed people watching, taking lots of pictures (not just of attractions/shows/icons, but of trees, flowers, squirrels, birds), shopping (I think I looked in just about every store at each park and DTD Marketplace, eating some great sit-down meals (Brown Derby and LeCellier were my favorites!), meeting lots of new people on the busses/bus stops/in lines/at shows, etc. It was probably one of the best trips I have ever taken to WDW :) I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoyed mine :)

I'm making my first solo trip in May. I plan to eat places I wanted to try, but didn't get to because of the picky eaters who were with me in January. I've booked three tours (KTTK, Sedgway, and Backstage Safari). I plan to take my time and look around at the details (flowers, archeticture, animals, etc). Wander in and out of the shops on mainstreet, at World Showcase, and DTD. Basicly anything I want to do.

I would:
- try a few restaurants I haven't tried (though I hate sitting alone at tables)
- hit a few thrill rides and any rides that I have never done for some reason
- sit and have a drink or ice cream in picturesque locations around the parks/resorts
- try to actually find all the entertainment and watch it at Epcot - the bands, the acrobats etc. So far I seem to have missed seeing most of this stuff!
- go outlet shopping in Orlando
- play Millionaire at Studios
- resort hop on the monorail

One thing you should do before you go is know there's a solo board where you can go over and ask any questions. Lots of us have gone solo, and everyone I know who's done it has loved it. I've gone 6 times solo, with the 7th solo trip "on deck" (planned for late November/December). One thing I love to do is look around for people appearing lost, struggling over a park map. Believe me, there's a lot of those! Then I approach them and offer to help them find where they're looking for. For some reason, after a while, people start approaching me, thinking I work there (I wish!). I helped one family who was walking out of Dinoland find Donald's Breakfatosauraus, I've pointed out the nearest restroom to lots of people, helped one group find the Grand Floridian, way to the buses, etc. It's lots of fun! I'd just recommend sitting, people watching, and "soaking it all in" more. Any questions-feel free to ask.

Just got back from my first weeklong solo trip. I had a great day resort hopping. Somehow the safari hat I was wearing pegged me as a CM and I got to answer a lot of questions. (Note to self: study maps/schedules more ... don't want to give CM's a bad name). I have to agree with the poster who said ... do whatever you want. Slow down and savor the moment! As a solo traveler I got to take my time and enjoy the moments in ways I couldn't if I had been with family/kids. I got to enjoy a Dole Whip and see WDW through an excited child's eyes again. I had a frozen lemonade and a pretzel and got to watch the AK parade through the eyes of another child. Humm, I ate a lot and did a lot of people watching ... and had the time of my life. Enjoy!! Let us know about your trip when you get back.

Oh I envy you! When I was there in Dec. my kids went to "camp" as they call it, which I have to say they LOVE, and is usually the thing to do when we go there! They have a blast! Anyway, I sent them for about 2 hours, I hopped on the Monorail and visited the Poly and CR and shopped around, took in some things at a slower pace and just enjoyed sites I may not pick up on during the ususal hustle and bustle.

It will come to you, kick back relax and enjoy it!!

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc
I have company meetings in Orlando pretty regularly. I always arrange to go down a day ahead of time, JUST FOR ME :cool1:

On one solo trip I spent HOURS walking the World Showcase. I went into every single building, saw every single exhibit and browsed every single store, something I NEVER get to do with my family.

Another time I went over to MGM Studios and again, did the things I never get to do, Millionaire and the Walt Disney Story and did someone mention shopping??? :banana: Oh joy!

Terry in NJ :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter