First Day! Resort Switching.. will I make it to breakfast adr?

Vlopezlampre

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! I'm so excited that the countdown is almost over and my mom and I are going to Disney next week for the first time!

I have an ADR for BoG Sat morning at 10:20 a.m. We get in Friday night and are staying at Pop. Our magic bands for the trip however won't start working until we switch hotels and get them activated at Yacht Club (where we're staying the rest of the trip). Do you think there's enough time in the morning to switch over and get to Magic Kingdom and BOG? Will it be too rushed? I am definitely open to cancelling, but I don't know if I'll be able to get another reservation.

Thank you so so much

I don't understand why your bands aren't working until you switch. Can you explain the situation better, what are you expecting to not work when you get to pop?

Hi Bryan! Thank you so much. We're coming in from Canada next Friday night so we booked our room at Pop Century as "Room Only." The magic bands we're getting there will only open our room that night. To be able to get into the parks the next day we need an "active" magic band that has all of our resort information + the actual tickets and what not. I was told when I called Disney that before heading to Magic Kingdom we actually need to go over to the Yacht Club (where we're staying for the rest of the trip) and get our new bands that will open the rooms there, and will also let us get into the Parks. Having said that, we are hoping to leave Pop Century early enough so that we can check into Yacht Club and go to Magic Kingdom. I wonder if it is too rushed though and maybe it's better to cancel?

You'll just need to leave early enough to check out of Pop and check into YC. It's not the bands you need to activate, but from what I understand you do need to make sure you are checked out AND checked in to be sure your dining credits are activated. I've made sure to check on this because we will be doing similar for our upcoming stay, but our breakfast ADR will be at 8am.

My plan is to Uber from ASSp to CBR at 6am, then bus to Epcot

All magic bands linked to you link to your MDE account. There is no separate information linked to MB's. If you do online check-in for YC, the band you receive at POP should work at MK. If you are nervous this won't work, I would uber or cab from POP to YC and get to YC by 8:30 am and then bus to MK (or even uber to GF and take the monorail over). IMHO, especially if this is your first trip, I would try to get another ADR at BOG for another day and try to enjoy your first day at MK without feeling rushed. If this is your first time walking down Main St., I'd hate for you to be running down it to get to BOG! Because BOG breakfast and lunch are QS and you seat yourselves, even if you can't find a reservation for 2, you might be able to find 2 reservations, each for 1 person, that are close together so you can just check in and then get in line together. I would really recommend not rushing around on your first ever day in WDW.

Totally easy to do. First the MBs are completely interchangeable, you could actually use the first one the entire trip. Second, once your tickets are linked to your MDE, you are ready to go. What I would do. Get up early at POP and call down to the front desk (which isn't really the front desk but a call center) and tell them you are checking out. You should receive your folio via email, no need to actually go down to the front desk. Have Disney transfer your bags, you can take them down yourselves or have them pick them up. Make sure you do on line check in for YC, you can do that whenever, don't have to wait until you are there. You can head on over to MK, your tickets should already be active if you have them linked on MDE. You can have your breakfast, enjoy your day and you should get a text when your room is ready. They are two separate reservations so once you are checked out of POP, for Disney purposes it's just like you were arriving that day. May people go directly from the airport to the parks, I understand ya'll don't receive your MBs via mail but you will already have one from your stay at Pop, you are good to go. If you are really nervous about it, taxi or Uber over to YC that morning, go ahead and check in, you can check in as early at 6 am (I've done it at 7) and have them store your bags. Hope on the bus to MK, you shouldn't have any problems getting there in time for your ADR.

It will be easy. Leave Pop, take cab to YC, or bus to DHS and then boat to YC. Check in, activate bands, hop bus to MK. Will take you all of an hour by cab. Add 1/2 hour or so with DHS/boat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts