First Christmas Trip to WDW, MVMCP, Accidents, and Finally, Some Creepy Women--Did they Follow Us Home?

SimonSez

DIS Veteran
We were at Disney from Dec 11-15. The weather was beautiful but very windy at times. If you were there last week, you know what I'm talking about. Unlike our previous trip last May, we made it to all four parks. We traveled to WDW by train for only the second time, and even though we like it, it's an all night trip and sleeping can be hard to come by :scratchin While on the train, we all got coffees and as I like flavored cream in mine, I brought the powdered version with me. I proceeded to pour the cream and all of a sudden, the entire top comes off the cannister and plops into my coffee, lid and all. It went all over the tray and all my sister and niece could do was laugh. My first thought was, could this be a sign of things to come? So, after surviving a somewhat funny, albiet frustrating event, we made it to our hotel--Coronado Springs. When people say this is a huge resort, they are not exaggerating. We stayed in the Ranchos section of the resort, which was a little ways from Gran Destino, the main building on the property. We catch a bus to HS and have a great day at the park. We then proceeded to Epcot where we sampled some of the food booths there. I recommend the maple glazed salmon from Canada, I think that was one of the best things I've had at any booth ever ::yes:: We then proceeded back to CS and got our refillable mugs. I like that they are different than the ones offered during our May trip. As we are walking up to the building we were staying in, I was half on and half off the sidewalk (never do this as the following will occur), when my ankle did something and I crashed face first to the ground. I caught my fall with my hands and completely bruised and sprained my wrist. I couldn't really use it for the duration of the trip. I was worried that the mug I just filled up had emptied itself of it's contents and I'd be forced to return to the food court to get some more :laughing: I spent that evening icing my wrist and hand in our room. So that day started with the creamer accident and ended with me face planting at our resort :crutches: We went to AK the next day and we were there past dark for the first time ever :wizard: I can't recall if I had any mishaps there, maybe I dropped or spilled something? The next day was MK, and as always we had a lot of fun. It was so windy they had to close of big sections of the park during fireworks. We ended at Epcot again and I tried the peanut stew at the refreshment outpost by Germany. What a wasted opportunity. It was tasty but it was so spicy hot, no one in our group could eat it. We like spicy food within reason, but there wasn't enough liquid in the park to stave off the burn. It never said anything about be that spicy, or maybe the spice was concentrated in my bowl, but if you go during the holidays, eat this dish at your own risk. Again, maybe it was just that serving and the rest was okay :confused3 Our final day began at Epcot, and ended with the Christmas party at MK. We had a blast at our first ever MVMCP and maybe someday we will go again. I left all my Christmas cookie handouts at my sister's so oh well...:scratchin We left by train to return home this past Friday and because of said wind in the state of Florida, a wildfire caused the train to be almost 3 hours late :eek: I had bought a bag of M&M's at the M&M place at Disney Springs, when we detrained, a big pile of them were laying in the seat as they had somehow escaped the bag. Again, another mishap :laughing: On a related note, there were a couple of strange women there who were filming everyone at the depot. They sat behind my sister and niece on the train, which took 14 hours to get to our destination. They seemed quite articulate, but wow, they were acting strange. I hate to point this out because they really seemed to have mental health issues, although I'm not qualified to say that. They got off the stop right before ours and that was that...or so we thought. Later that day we left my sister and niece's house to go get something to eat. I kid you not, we saw those women walking around one of the city streets. My niece was convinced they got their address (sister and niece's), off their luggage when they filmed at the Orlando depot, and were making their way to their house (sister and niece's house) :scared1: We spent the next hour looking for them but what we would do if we found them, I didn't know. For the record, I live 2 hours form their house so I wasn't worried about my place. As of now, our fears are unfounded, as we think they were basically homeless and were waiting for a relative who bought their train ticket. I know that is not related to Disney, but it was at the end of the trip. All in all it was a great trip with a few interesting moments sprinkled in. Don't know when our next trip we be, but I'm already looking forward to it. Until then, peace :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter