Fireworks cruises?

aussietravellers

who LOVE disney holidays!
I just have a couple of questions about the fireworks cruises if anybody has done them and can help me. We already have the cruises booked but just have some questions :thumbsup2. Princessinoz I think you did the illuminations didn't you for your birthday from memory?

When you book you put down a credit card, but my credit card has not been charged so it is obviously charged at the time of the cruise is that right? If that is the way they do it, is it possible to pay cash (or travellers cheque or travel card) at the time of the cruise? Trying to do my spending money calculations and would prefer to pay for the cruises in case the $ drops again by then.

Where did you check in for the cruise? Did you just go up to the boat or did you check in somewhere?

We are having a cake on the Wishes cruise, is the cake already on the boat when you get there or does it arrive once you get there? Do they give you a box to pack it up when you leave? Do you pay for the cake at the time (can you pay cash) or is it charged to your room?

Would love any info. Thanks :goodvibes

I can't answer many of your questions but we did the Illuminations cruise in September. It was just our family of four and they had softdrinks and chips available for us. We didn't do anything like a cake so I'm not sure if its ready and waiting although I assume it would be. Also not sure where you check in for wishes cruises. We checked in in a little building near the front of the Yacht and Beach Club resorts. There were a few groups checking in at the same time and the pontoon drivers were all inside the building. We also had to guarantee with a credit card but paid cash on the night. We also had the cash with us to tip the driver. OUr driver was great. She took us for a cruise around and we got to see the back of Fantasmic before going towards Epcot for Illuminations. Afterwards, rather than take us back to the Beach Club, she took us to DHS were we were abe to jump on a Disney bus straight back to AKL. Otherwise we would have had to take a cab or a bus from the resort and transfer.

We did the Pirates and Pals Wished Fireworks cruise in April. We checked in at the Ballroom in the Contemporary where we recieved softdrink, tea coffee, fairy floss museli bars crisps and chocloate coins. We were greeted by Hook and Smee and there were photo opportunities. We then walked down to the boats where a pirate pal comedian accompanied us to see the water pagent and then position for the fireworks. It was fabulous. We also did the wishes dessert party in the noodle bar and that was even better. A great view of the fireworks, lovely desserts, no crowds.

I just have a couple of questions about the fireworks cruises if anybody has done them and can help me. We already have the cruises booked but just have some questions :thumbsup2. Princessinoz I think you did the illuminations didn't you for your birthday from memory?

Yes, Great memory!

When you book you put down a credit card, but my credit card has not been charged so it is obviously charged at the time of the cruise is that right?

Correct. The credit card is just to guarantee the booking. You have up to 48 hours before the cruise to cancel, if needed.

If that is the way they do it, is it possible to pay cash (or travellers cheque or travel card) at the time of the cruise?
As PrincessBelle said, yes you can. We paid cash at the time of the cruise on the day.

Trying to do my spending money calculations and would prefer to pay for the cruises in case the $ drops again by then.

You could check with them if they would do a prepayment...but I would make sure you had ALL the paperwork with you; as the norm is to pay on the day. The other way is to convert the money into USD now so that you lock in the exchange rate.

Where did you check in for the cruise?

For the Illuminations, we went to the Yatch Club dock. This dock is different from the one where the Friendship boats come in. We were told to be there at 7.30 pm. And we are normally very prompt; so we got there at 7.25 pm. We had to wait until 8 pm before anyone came by. When we asked them about the time, they said that they tell people to come early because everyone is always at least half an hour late :confused3.

Did you just go up to the boat or did you check in somewhere?

There is a little kiosk that faces the lake at the end of the dock. There are a couple of bench seats that you can sit and wait. The kiosk opened at 8 pm and you check in and pay there.

We are having a cake on the Wishes cruise, is the cake already on the boat when you get there or does it arrive once you get there?

My lovely husband surprised me with the cake on the Illuminations cruise. I think he organised it with the Beach Club Villa concierge on the day itself. I expect that they got the cake from the Boardwalk bakery. I believe that the Wishes cruise gets their cakes from somewhere else; not sure but it may be from one of the resort restaurants. It is worth checking...as the quality and taste of the cakes seem to vary, if the cake thread is anything to go by. The cake was delivered to the boat and the captain dealt with it. I didn't even know there was a cake onboard till the captain brought it out. Disney also supplied paper plates, forks and napkins.

Do they give you a box to pack it up when you leave?

The cake came in a box and when we left, we packed it up in the box.

Do you pay for the cake at the time (can you pay cash) or is it charged to your room?

My husband must have paid cash for it at the time; because I settled the (no) bill at the end. We prepaid for everything and we didn't incur any charges on the room bill.

Would love any info. Thanks :goodvibes

We also had soft drink, water and chips/crisps and pretzels on board. Between all of this and the cake, it was fantastic. I didn't order/pay for the extra balloons and decoration for the cruise but the pontoon was decorated for me when we got there. That must have the DisneyMagic, which was a nice touch. I also picked up glow sticks from Michaels, which is an art shop the equivalent of a Bunnings Riot Art. I got a pack of 10 glow sticks that I could connect together for necklaces and bracelets. Each pack was $1. I understand that there are heaps of Two Dollar shop equivalents around Orlando that you can get these at. Kids and adults really loved having these on the cruise.

Hope this helps!

ps. We tipped the pontoon captain. Not sure what the standard is and would love to know from anyone else whether we overdid it. We went with the standard 15 - 20 % tip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter