• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Finding the right cruise

KVH

DIS Veteran
OK. I know I'm not the only one who gets frustrated with the search/finder tool to select your next sailing.

Anyone else found a foolproof way to scan a few hundred entries to find the right boat to be on? I don't have a lot of preset criteria so filtering, using the tool, is a challenge.

I know the blog sometimes would output a simple list of the next set of offerings. But that, AFAIK, hasn't been consistent. Heck, I could scrape those into XL and easily pivot to a consumable, selectable listing. To me, that would be optimal. BTW, that would include ALL pricing.

Wondering how others get past this.

OK. I know I'm not the only one who gets frustrated with the search/finder tool to select your next sailing.

Anyone else found a foolproof way to scan a few hundred entries to find the right boat to be on? I don't have a lot of preset criteria so filtering, using the tool, is a challenge.

I know the blog sometimes would output a simple list of the next set of offerings. But that, AFAIK, hasn't been consistent. Heck, I could scrape those into XL and easily pivot to a consumable, selectable listing. To me, that would be optimal. BTW, that would include ALL pricing.

Sometimes it’s easier to search on Expedia for cruises as you have more filter options.

I am not sure what you are missing though? You can filter by ship, destination, cruise length, departure port, month of sailing.

If you are looking for low cost, just put in number of guests (with accurate kids ages, if applicable).

All cruises will be listed, cheapest to highest (by itinerary and the lowest cabin available in that itinerary).

Are you actually wide open to date and itinerary? Ship is not the first factor on which we usually base our decision. Price is a big factor (which is often due to date) and itinerary.

If you want to see what itineraries are available, Mouse Savers shows each ship’s schedule by year. No prices, though. Vacations To Go shows dates, ships, and prices.

Sometimes it’s easier to search on Expedia for cruises as you have more filter options.

I am not sure what you are missing though? You can filter by ship, destination, cruise length, departure port, month of sailing.
It's how the present the results set. Many times you'll have anywhere from 2-10 subsections, and you click View Dates for an x-Day <destination>. Comparing across boats, dates, intineraries, etc is a challenge that way. At least to me.

If you are looking for low cost, just put in number of guests (with accurate kids ages, if applicable).

All cruises will be listed, cheapest to highest (by itinerary and the lowest cabin available in that itinerary).

Are you actually wide open to date and itinerary? Ship is not the first factor on which we usually base our decision. Price is a big factor (which is often due to date) and itinerary.

If you want to see what itineraries are available, Mouse Savers shows each ship’s schedule by year. No prices, though. Vacations To Go shows dates, ships, and prices.
Mousesavers! That's where I saw the list. Yeah, I know no pricing but I can dump the tables into XL and write a query to match up the dcl.com pricing by sailing name. If nothing else I'll be able to build as a pivot to refine the results set down to a manageable few.

Thank you!

As a further aside, as this sounds like a simple task, I should say I'm also looking at B2B. We have that next May on the Fantasy (Club!) but that took longer to find and coordinate with family than I care to spend ever again. Especially to get the same room on both sailings. Having a better way to drill down into several hundred sailings will help tremendously.

Eh I'm usually just looking by departure port (port canaveral is the only one that's easy for me) or I'm looking for a specific date range or an itinerary.

Here’s (part of) what you see on Vacations To Go. I set parameters to Jan-Dec 2025 and DCL. Prices are included for lowest price cabin.

IMG_7290.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter