Fill me in on Cinderella's

csmommy

DIS Veteran
So I need to know where to get the most comprehensive info for dining at Cinderellas Castle, as it has apparently changed since we went over 5 year ago. :lmao:

• Are there Princess at every meal?
  • If I book now but add a dining plan later how does it work?
  • Breakfast used to be "the meal" everyone wanted, has that changed?
  • Is dinner served while the fireworks are on & if so what time(s) would be best?
  • Really - how bad is the food?
  • For lunch & dinner do you get the app, dinner & dessert regardless of which dining plan you are on?
  • Will they adult size a kids meal if you 15 year old isn't interested in the food they serve?

Thanks!

I'll answer what I can. There are princesses at every meal. We went for breakfast and had a nice meal. I think one of the reasons that breakfast is the most popular meal is because people want to get a pre-park opening ADR, and then have that advantage to be ahead of the crowds at park opening.
If you reserve now, I think you just need to call and add it to your dining plan when you finally book.
Your 15 year old is considered an adult at Disney.

I can't compare, in all our trips we have only been once this past year. We are planning to go again this year. We had lunch and everyone loved the food. Even my 14 year old (now 15) loved the meal he got off the adult menu and he is picky!
All the princesss were there and we enjoyed Belle the most. She was very good!
They gave all the kids either swords or wands, even the 14 year old.
I am really wanting to try breakfast this time around even though I'm not crazy about breakfast food.

So I need to know where to get the most comprehensive info for dining at Cinderellas Castle, as it has apparently changed since we went over 5 year ago. :lmao:

• Are there Princess at every meal?
  • If I book now but add a dining plan later how does it work?
  • Breakfast used to be "the meal" everyone wanted, has that changed?
  • Is dinner served while the fireworks are on & if so what time(s) would be best?
  • Really - how bad is the food?
  • For lunch & dinner do you get the app, dinner & dessert regardless of which dining plan you are on?
  • Will they adult size a kids meal if you 15 year old isn't interested in the food they serve?

Thanks!

We had lunch and loved it! I'm not sure about all the reviews about the food cause I went with 4 other adults and we all ordered different stuff and the dishes were awesome!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

So I need to know where to get the most comprehensive info for dining at Cinderellas Castle, as it has apparently changed since we went over 5 year ago. :lmao:Thanks!

• [*]Are there Princess at every meal?
    Yes there are Princesses at every meal. Cinderella greets you downstairs before you go upstairs and are seated. The Princesses that come to your table are Aurora/Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Ariel and Jasmine. Belle doesn't meet at CRT anymore. If some of the princesses are sick you might get Alice, Mary Poppins, Rapunzel (very rare) None of the Princesses are guaranteed, even Cinderella although it's extremely rare she isn't there (you'll get the Fairy Godmother if she isn't able to attend)

[*]If I book now but add a dining plan later how does it work?
    You pay for CRT up front. At the dinner, you present your credit card and your KTTW and it's refunded.

[*]Breakfast used to be "the meal" everyone wanted, has that changed?
    Breakfast is still very popular because it's the cheapest meal at CRT for basically the same experience (if you're paying without the dining plan) However CRT is always busy so I'd recommend making your booking as soon as possible. Using the dining plan, generally dinner is better value since it's 2 table credits no matter which meal you're at.

[*]Is dinner served while the fireworks are on & if so what time(s) would be best?
    You can't really see the fireworks properly if you're inside the castle. You can hear them and see them through the stained glass window. It's a different experience if you've seen Wishes previously. I wouldn't want to be inside CRT if it were our ONLY chance to see Wishes. We allow 90 minutes for CRT and we usually finish in about that time frame. If you want to go to CRT and then go and find a spot for Wishes, make sure your reservation is at least two and a half hours before Wishes. This way you're not rushing. You want to savor being in the castle, not be watching your watch!

[*]Really - how bad is the food?
    This point is very subjective. We usually go for breakfast as this is the meal we prefer of the three at CRT. We don't like the dinner food at all personally and lunch is only a letter better. However, as I said, it is subjective to each and every family. In reality, the food is not worth what you're paying. You are paying for the experience of dining inside the castle with the Princesses. You can check out the menu for all three meals and then decide. We like breakfast as we can get into the park earlier, we prefer the breakfast food and it the cheaper of breakfast, lunch and dinner for an identical experience. We never do the dining plan.

Breakfast

Pastry Basket for the table

Entrees

Lobster and Crab Crepes - warm cheese-filled crepes topped with spinach, sauteed lobster, and blue crab meat with a poached egg perched on top and draped in Hollandaise sauce
    Steak and Eggs - grilled filet mignon on a mild Chipotle-caramelized onion frittata served with our signature rosemary-lemon roasted potatoes
    Traditional Breakfast - scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, and rosemary-lemon roasted potatoes
    Healthy Choice - scrambled egg whites, hot ten-grain cereal, green yogurt topped with Castle-made granola, no sugar added walnut-sunflower bread and fresh fruit
    Cream Cheese-stuffed French Toast - drizzled with Cognac chocolate ganache served with bacon and fresh fruit
    Baked Quiche - goat cheese, spinach and mushroom quiche with a dollop of goat cheese cream served with rosemary-lemon roasted potatoes tossed with arugula

Kids Picks

Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, Cheese Danish, Fresh Fruit, Breakfast Breads, Potato Casserole, Juice and Coffee. You may select the Healthy Alternative: Muesli served with fresh fruit and yogurt.

Lunch

Entree/Main Course

Braised Cobia - Braised in Pomodorro sauce served with vegetables over angel hair pasta
    Nicoise Salad - Pan seared tuna with mixed greens, eggs, Haricot verts, tomatoes and olives drizzled with house vinaigrette
    Pork three ways - pulled pork with a bacon and andoulle etouffee sauce served with spoon bread topped with swiss chard
    Vegetarian Cassoulet - Baked French style casserole of cannelini and garbonzo beans topped with wild mushrooms, zucchini, shallots, tomatoes and herbs

Dessert

Almond cheesecake - With Lingonberry jam
    Rasberry No sugar added Sorget - With berries
    Valrhona Chocolate Mousse - A light chocolate mousse presented with berries and raspberry sauce

Kid's Picks

Choice of Garden salad or Bite size cheddar cheese and grapes. Choice of Chicken Breast Nuggets or Beef tenderloin with mashed potatoes and corn Cheese pizza with veggies and sliced apples or grilled fish of the day with whole grain pilaf, veggies and yogart parfait

Dinner

Appetizers/Starter

A royal tasting of cheese - a trio of cheeses with accompaniments
    Rock Shrimp Cocktail - Rock shrimp with tomato Marmalade

Soups/Salads

Mixed Greens Salad - Mixed field greens and fresh herbs tossed with a white balsamic vinaigrette
    Soup of the day -

Entree/Main Course

Braised Cobia - Braised in Pomodorro sauce served with vegetables over angel hair pasta
    Fried Chicken - Fried Chicken with a housemade macaroni and cheese and seasonal vegetables
    Grilled Lamb Chops - Pine nut Coucous, roasted Zucchini and Apricot Gastrique
    Pork three ways - pulled pork with a bacon and andoulle etouffee sauce served with spoon bread topped with swiss chard
    Roasted beef tenderloin - Sliced roasted beef tenderloin with Duchess Potatoes, asparagus and a Chasseur sauce
    Vegetarian Cassoulet - Baked French style casserole of cannelini and garbonzo beans topped with wild mushrooms, zucchini, shallots, tomatoes and herbs

Dessert

Almond cheesecake - With Lingonberry jam
    Chef's Dessert Trio - Cinderella sent her chefs around the world to discover new desserts. they are happy to share three of their favorites with you
    Raspberry No sugar added Sorbet - With berries
    Valrhona Chocolate Mousse - A light chocolate mousse presented with berries and raspberry sauce

Kid's Picks
    Choice of Garden salad or Bite size cheddar cheese and grapes. Choice of Chicken Breast Nuggets or Beef tenderloin with mashed potatoes and corn Cheese pizza with veggies and sliced apples or grilled fish of the day with whole grain pilaf, veggies and yogart parfait

[*]For lunch & dinner do you get the app, dinner & dessert regardless of which dining plan you are on?
    At breakfast, you get a pastry basket for the table and your main course. At lunch you get a main course and dessert, there is no app. At dinner, you get an app, main course and dessert. CRT takes 2 dining credits for all 3 meals of the day and the experience is identical. The package also includes a photo package that is delivered to your table during the meal. If you're staying on property (and your departure is more than 48 hours away), you can get the photos sent back to your hotel so you don't have to carry them in the parks.

[*]Will they adult size a kids meal if you 15 year old isn't interested in the food they serve?
    Yes, you can ask for anything off the menu. If your 15 year old wants something from the childs menu, they will bring her an adults serving.

A couple of extra things:

1. Once you're seated and settled, ask to settle the bill. This will save time at the end of the meal, especially if you have to get a refund onto your credit card as you'll be using the dining plan. We have waited up to 20 minutes after we have finished trying to get the bill settled.
    2. Aside from your photo with Cinderella downstairs, there are no photopass photographers inside the restaurant. Your server isn't always around and the Princesses don't walk around with the handler. If you want a group shot of everyone at your table with the Princesses, "team" up with a table nearby. They can take your group photo and you can take theirs.
    3. You've been there before but make sure you have your camera/autographs books ready for when the Princesses come to the table. You don't want to waste precious time with the princesses trying to find the books, pens, a spare battery.
    4. In our experience, you can get better interactions if you have a question ready for each princess. Ask Snow White why there aren't any apple items on the menu ect
    5. Everyone at the table gets a wand and sword. Usually it's wands for the girls and swords for the boys but you can ask to switch. If only the children at the table get it, you can ask for ones for the kids at heart too. It's also a great way to have that "extra" one on hand if one of the young kids wands or swords gets broken/stolen/left behind somewhere.

Hope this helps. :thumbsup2

OK, very excited, made a dinner reservation! :cool1:

I guess the beginning of August is going to be a slowish time - I haven't had any problems getting the reservations I wanted, when I wanted them including here, & BOG (although I cannot change it now as there are no other openings at BOG).

Thanks again!

OK, very excited, made a dinner reservation! :cool1:

I guess the beginning of August is going to be a slowish time - I haven't had any problems getting the reservations I wanted, when I wanted them including here, & BOG (although I cannot change it now as there are no other openings at BOG).

Thanks again!

:thumbsup2 It's usually not too bad when you're booking this far out. It's when you try getting a CRT two days beforehand.... :lmao:

No more Major Domo? Haven't been since '08. Thank heavens they got smart and added the princesses to dinner!

I have waited to go here since my first WDW trip 14 years ago. I will be here with my family in 8 days and I can not wait! Reading this post made me even more excited!

Great thread! Can't wait to take my girls for dinner. Planning to do BBB for them first!

DisneyPrincess that is a terrific summary! Thank you for taking the time to post.:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter