Feeling Hot Hot Hot! The Rain Curse is Broken! Two Weeks of Fun in the Sun! COMPLETE

WOW, great pictures from the Polynesian! I love those sunset ones. Beautiful. :goodvibes

Sounds like a great way to spend your last night. Sad it's almost over though. :(

Still reading along! :goodvibes

Love the fireworks from the Poly beach and that one sunset pic is so pretty!

So, so sad that the trip's coming to an end!!:sad1:

I have to say that I don't think you could've planned your last night any better!! I've always wanted to watch the fireworks from the Poly beach!

I loved the sunset pics as well...I have to say the one of your Mom is my favorite of the whole trip!

Yes, it was the perfect last night. :goodvibes

Wow, it's hard to believe this is almost over! I've been reading this TR as long as I've been on the DIS! :rotfl:

:laughing: That is hilarious! This report has been around for almost a year!

WOW, great pictures from the Polynesian! I love those sunset ones. Beautiful. :goodvibes

Sounds like a great way to spend your last night. Sad it's almost over though. :(

Yeah, it is a little sad, this is the longest I have ever spent writing a TR and I have to admit I am a little ready for it to be done. My writing juices are just about run dry. :sad2:

Gorgeous pix !! I soo want to see Wishes from the Beach !!!

Noooooooo! It can't end I just got here. Hopefully you have another trip in the works.

I am hoping that I can somehow pull off a trip to visit Erich in October or if I am very lucky in mid-December before his internship ends.

Still reading along! :goodvibes

Love the fireworks from the Poly beach and that one sunset pic is so pretty!

Thanks!

[

I am hoping that I can somehow pull off a trip to visit Erich in October or if I am very lucky in mid-December before his internship ends.

Thanks!

I am either gonna be there September or October on a FREE Trip , and the same thing for Universal just don't know which month will be what yet !! Also I am going in Decenber I think 6th thrun12th!!

Hi Lessa,
I got caught up today. So sorry that you were feeling so awful for your last two days. You do look better by your evening at Poly, so maybe the fever broke while you were napping?

Great family photos at the resort. Did you have a photo pass person doing it, or did you have a timer on the camera?

I love the photos of Thumber and Ms Bunny ... can you believe we have never managed to go over to Camp Mickey and Minnie? But I just learned that Russell and Dug are there from Up and I love them, so we will find them in June!

I will keep my eye open for a very enthusiastic CM ..... I am picturing a skipper on the Jungle Cruise :lmao:

is dis working better on Chrome for you now? I have been having to use IE for the past week, its not so responsive on firefox, I have found.

Oh my goodness, it's coming to an end. :sad1: I can't believe that already.

I think you made a great choice spending your last night at the Poly beach. Such a great location.

Oh no, is this TR already ending? WAH!!! Need to keep up on this stuff more (sorry about that). So very, very sad, but what a great way to end it with a night at the Polynesian resort beach. Love the pictures, btw! So pretty there at sunset and Wishes going off behind the Electrical Water Pageant looks really cool! Hopefully someday I'll get to see that. I'll definitely be taking note of keeping a jacket with me there too. :thumbsup2

Though, I'm sad to say so, can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

I am either gonna be there September or October on a FREE Trip , and the same thing for Universal just don't know which month will be what yet !! Also I am going in Decenber I think 6th thrun12th!!

You are very luck to be going so often.

Great family photos at the resort. Did you have a photo pass person doing it, or did you have a timer on the camera?

Nope, we just used the timer.

I love the photos of Thumber and Ms Bunny ... can you believe we have never managed to go over to Camp Mickey and Minnie? But I just learned that Russell and Dug are there from Up and I love them, so we will find them in June!

Never been to Camp Minnie-Mickey! That means you have never seen Festival of the Lion King! You must change that on your next trip!

is dis working better on Chrome for you now? I have been having to use IE for the past week, its not so responsive on firefox, I have found.

Yeah, I can load the Dis on Firefox but it won't let me log in, but everything works normally with Chrome. :confused3

Oh my goodness, it's coming to an end. :sad1: I can't believe that already.

:laughing: Well it has been nearly a year!

Oh no, is this TR already ending? WAH!!! Need to keep up on this stuff more (sorry about that). So very, very sad, but what a great way to end it with a night at the Polynesian resort beach. Love the pictures, btw! So pretty there at sunset and Wishes going off behind the Electrical Water Pageant looks really cool! Hopefully someday I'll get to see that. I'll definitely be taking note of keeping a jacket with me there too. :thumbsup2

Though, I'm sad to say so, can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

The Electric Water Pageant is nothing to go out of your way for but it is a nice extra if you are ever at one of the Magic Kingdom resorts. :thumbsup2

May 25th - Departure Day

The day to go home had arrived. It felt as though we had been in Florida for far longer than just two weeks. We had a great time but two weeks was definitely long enough for us. Any longer and we would probably have been "bored".

We had packed pretty much everything the night before so we didn't have to worry about that, instead we could just enjoy our last few hours of vacation.

We went to IHOP for breakfast, the service was really fast, we ordered, ate, and were out of there within 30 minutes.

We then went over to Blizzard Beach to play a round of mini-golf at Winter-Summerland Mini-Golf. We were early though and it had not yet opened so we had to wait around for about 20 minutes.

We had played at this course in the past but only on the Winter side. We decided that this time we would play the Summer side.

As we were there at opening there was nobody else around, just one other family but they were playing the Winter side so we did not feel rushed to move it along which is a good thing because we tend to take a long time when playing mini-golf. Not because we are all terrible, it is just that some holes prove difficult for different people. ;)

As with any Disney mini-golf course the theme was done well but I find that I prefer the Winter course.

Each hole had a description that followed a Christmas song and sometimes the description would give a hint on how to best try and get a hole in one. ;)

IMG_3993.jpg

IMG_3996.jpg

IMG_4005.jpg

IMG_4007.jpg

IMG_4010.jpg

IMG_4011.jpg

IMG_4012.jpg

IMG_4013.jpg

IMG_4020.jpg

IMG_4023.jpg

IMG_4025.jpg

IMG_4028.jpg

IMG_4032.jpg

IMG_4034.jpg

IMG_4037.jpg

IMG_4038.jpg

This hole really shows the age of the course. :laughing:

IMG_4041.jpg

That darn Erich beat me by one point and won the game! Grrrr!

After that it was time to head back to the hotel and do the last minute packing and I wanted to change into different clothes for the flight.

Once that was all done we decided to leave for the airport. It was really early but we didn't want to just sit around the hotel room and there wasn't really time to do anything else.

Farewell Coronado, you were great!

IMG_4042.jpg

Once we got to the airport and dropped off the rental car we discovered that we were so early that we could not even check our bags for the flight yet! :laughing:

We had to sit around for 40 minutes before we could check our bags. the longest 40 minutes ever!

We then went and browsed the airport shops and ate some Chick-Fil-A, yummy waffle fries! Sadly we do not have Chick-Fil-A in Canada.

Mom, Erich and I got through Security quickly and easily but Alek got tagged to be pulled aside. They put him in this clear "holding pen" next to the Security line. He stood around in there for a bit and waited for somebody to do something. Well, after all the waiting all they ended up doing was swabbing his hands and letting him go, they didn't pat him down, they did not check his bags, just a hand swab. So strange. :confused3

We then sat around at our gate for about two hours. I was still feeling pretty awful, my meds were not working and I had a whole pile of kleenex building up beside me. I was very much looking forward to getting home to my own bed.

When we arrived back in Syracuse I saw a girl from our flight who had about 5 of the Disney Dooney Sketch bags in various sizes. She had the really huge ones they sell in the store that look like a duffle bag, she had a purse like mine but slightly bigger and she also had a couple of the coloured messenger type purses. I can only imagine how much that all cost! :eek:

A quick stop at the grocery store before crossing the border, a wave through customs and a thirty minute drive after that and we were home! Home Sweet Home! The first thing we had to do was give the cats big hugs and kisses. Leaving the cats is always the hardest part of going on vacation.

And that is that! Our two weeks of Fun in the Sun were over.

I will have one last post for my final thoughts, the high and lows, etc. Thanks so much for reading and I am impressed with those who stuck around with me since the beginning, it was a long ride!

[post=44818105]Click here to continue[/post]

boo....your TR has come to an end
What a fantastic time you had...and you had some great pics!

Thanks for writing this...your a really good writer!

I hope you get to go back in the fall to see your brother!

I am sad to see this end !!! Promise me you'll let me know if you start another report so I can be in from the begining !! I have two ptr's going one for my freetrips and the other for my 65th celebration trip in December !! Check them out !!! Oh and say Hi to Beth!!!! And of cause the Bros !!!

That's the most awesome putt putt place I've ever seen, and believe me, I've been to some pretty awesome putt putt places. Haha.

No Chick Fil A??? That's so sad. :(

I bet you're about ready to be done with this by now! Can't believe it's been over 11 months now since you've been back!

That does look like a cool mini golf course! The really old computer made me laugh. :rotfl: Can't believe the trip is over!

Leesa, you are like a good book that you can put down, and come back and know exactly where we left off. So sad it is ending.

Does Alex shoot guns? My dd gets stopped all the time in security to get her hands swabbed, because of gun powder residue.

I'm so sorry this TR has come to an end! I really feel like I got to know you and your family over the past year and it has been a lot of fun! :hug:

You'll have to take another trip soon so you can start writing another TR! :thumbsup2

Playing mini-golf sounds like a great way to end a trip! I love the wintersummerland course, but I've only played the summer side. We'll have to go back and try the winter side someday. I love mini-golf and I really miss playing. We'll have to wait until Everett is older, because if we tried to take him now he'd be running all over the place, wreaking havoc on the course, and thats just not good! :laughing: Someday!

They don't have Chick-fil A in CT either, and I didn't encounter one until I went to college in North Carolina. When I first saw one I didn't know that the last "A" was a long "A", and thought the chain was pronounced "chick-filla". It made no sense to me, and I felt like such an idiot the first time someone corrected my mistake! :rotfl:

I'm glad you guys made it home with no trouble and I'm sure you were really happy to be home and comfortable. Its always the worst to be sick away from home.

Awwww... it has come to an end! It still amazes me how I've followed this TR for so long. I feel a bit winded, whew! lol Just kidding, really enjoyed this one or I wouldn't have been around for the whole thing.

Ooooo... Winter Summerland golf looks so cool! The theming, as you said, is fantastic! Disney knows how to make some epic park attractions AND a fantastic golf course, though I can really tell the age. May have to make room on my next trip to check that place out :thumbsup2 (Sorry you didn't win though :( )

Awwww, it is so sad when you are leaving a resort that you only stayed in for five days for me much less two weeks, uggghhh... must've been tough :sad2: And wow, that's crazy you got to the airport so early! A very prompt family I see... yes, I do see ::yes:: But at least you got to have Chick-Fil-A, though I'm sure I saw it at the Mall I visited in Quebec... maybe it's just in Quebec :confused3

So strange that they pulled your brother aside for a hand swab. Really strange... They are just so careful nowadays :/ Glad to hear your flight was okay :thumbsup2 Can't believe that lady bought all those Dooney & Bourke's though, the way people on here talk about them, must've been the only things she bought o_O :thumbsup2 to getting back into lovely Canada without any trouble and saying hi to your little kitties. It really is hard leaving pets at home when going on a vacation, I always give a big hug to my dog when I get home :goodvibes

Excited to hear your last thoughts (though not for another wonderful TR to end ): )! :mickeyjum

Yeah, I can load the Dis on Firefox but it won't let me log in, but everything works normally with Chrome. :confused3

Have you tried clearing the cookies from the dis in both of those browsers. I was having problems with chrome after that change over to the new servers and did that and everything is back to the way it was before.

Bummer the TR is over but two weeks in Florida would be so great. I'd love to go for a long trip like that but I bet it is even harder leaving.

Glad you got one last dose of Disney magic at Winter Summerland. I love playing there. So much fun. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter