Feedback on the "Seaworld Explorer Semi-Submarine" Nassau excursion

Keyser

DIS Veteran
I'm looking for any feedback on the "Seaworld Explorer" Semi-Submarine excursion being offered in Nassau. It sounds nice, but I am wondering if it is worth the cost/time. Do you actually see interesting coral and fish? I heard not-so-great things about the Sunshine glass bottom boat, and this looks like it could be another (maybe better?) option.

Thanks!

I've done this excursion in St Maarten twice, and liked it both times. The first time I did it was in October and we saw tons of stuff, including a sea turtle! :goodvibes We saw a lot less when we did it in April, but it was still enjoyable. It's worlds better than any of the glass bottom boat tours I've done, but make sure everyone in your group understands that the ship doesn't fully submerge. A lot of people seems to expect that the whole ship goes underwater - it doesn't. Just the lower deck is submerged, which you enter through a door at the back of the ship.

Thanks for the reply! I'm wondering if there's anyone who's tried it in Nassau? I'm wondering how interesting the view will be. My 7yo daughter might get bored if we're just staring into nearly empty water, but would probably love it if there were a lot of coral and colorful fish.

Just off the Dream and took this excursion. Personally, I was disappointed and would not take this excursion again. The reason I had book was I heard rave reviews about semi-submarine excursions in St. Thomas. This excursion description was accurate on DCL website so I cannot complain that I did not get what I paid for but there were not many varieties of fish to be seen, what fish we saw were not in abundance, the water was not clear, a lot of debris (tires, tin cans, etc) in the sea grass, and the submarine part of the boat was not air conditioned (there was a fan blowing) which made the compartment hot and stuffy. If you keep your expectations low, you will not be disappointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter